The Nature Boy

Gun Nut shoots man

13 posts in this topic

This woman needed an assault weapon. Shot the scum 5 times and he lived. Should be one and done. Shame he lived.

Guess 911 and please don't kill my kids did not work.

Gun nut shoots man

LOGANVILLE, Ga. —

A woman hiding in her attic with children shot an intruder multiple times before fleeing to safety Friday.

The incident happened at a home on Henderson Ridge Lane in Loganville around 1 p.m. The woman was working in an upstairs office when she spotted a strange man outside a window, according to Walton County Sheriff Joe Chapman. He said she took her 9-year-old twins to a crawlspace before the man broke in using a crowbar.

But the man eventually found the family.

"The perpetrator opens that door. Of course, at that time he's staring at her, her two children and a .38 revolver," Chapman told Channel 2’s Kerry Kavanaugh.

The woman then shot him five times, but he survived, Chapman said. He said the woman ran out of bullets but threatened to shoot the intruder if he moved.

"She's standing over him, and she realizes she's fired all six rounds. And the guy's telling her to quit shooting," Chapman said.

The woman ran to a neighbor's home with her children. The intruder attempted to flee in his car but crashed into a wooded area and collapsed in a nearby driveway, Chapman said.

Deputies arrested 32-year-old Atlanta resident Paul Slater in connection with the crime. Chapman said they found him on the ground saying, "Help me. I'm close to dying." Slater was taken to Gwinnett Medical Center for treatment. His condition is unclear, but Chapman said he was shot in the face and neck.

In February, Slater was arrested on simple battery charges, according to the Gwinnett County Sheriff's Office. He has been arrested six other times in the county since 2008.

Kavanaugh was the first reporter at the scene as deputies investigated. The victim's husband told Kavanaugh he's proud of his wife. He was on the phone with her as the intruder broke in.

"My wife is a hero. She protected her kids. She did what she was supposed to do as responsible, prepared gun owner," Donnie Herman said.

He said he's thankful for his family's safety.

"Her life is saved, and her kids' life is saved, and that's all I'd like to say," Herman said.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

who is the gun nut, and why? sorry, I'm not getting that part.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

oh, ok. Snarkiness On!

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

next time use hollow points, lady.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Seems another Gun Nut used a weapon to stop two break in

My link

CLEVELAND – A ‘no trespassing’ sign is posted on the green duplex on Cleveland’s east side where a homeowner shot an intruder breaking in Monday morning, police said.

The man shot the intruder in the face and arm as he was kicking in the door, police said. The intruder is expected to survive — this time.

This is the same Portage Ave. home where the same person shot and killed another intruder a few weeks ago, police said.

“It’s weird that it happened twice, but it happens, you know,” neighbor Luis Coples said.

The first time the homeowner shot an intruder was on November 21.

In November, Cleveland police said David Fletcher, 43, who has a history of committing burglaries, kicked in the back door and was trying to kick in another door when the homeowner, who was sleeping on the couch, awoke and shot Fletcher, who died.

No charges were filed against the homeowner, who we are not identifying because he is not accused of any crime.

Neighbors said the homeowner does not live at the Portage Ave. duplex and it has been sitting vacant and getting burglarized.

“They are breaking into his house. He’s got a right to defend his stuff,” Aaron Reynolds said.

“He’s trying to make it right for his house, he’s fixing it and they’re taking his stuff,” Coples said.

“It happens everywhere. There are break-ins everywhere so this is nothing new,” Sabria Robinson said.

According to police, on Monday morning the intruder broke in while the owner was inside and tried to hit the owner with a lamp.

The owner shot the man, and then called police.

The case has been turned over to the prosecutor’s office for review.

gun-control-broom-v-gun.jpg

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

A few of our street-cleaning incidents over the last couple of weeks

HOUSTON -

A resident of a northwest Harris County townhome complex fatally shot a man who was breaking into his home, investigators said.

Harris County sheriff's deputies said a resident of Nantucket Square on Place Rebecca Lane near Kuykendahl heard gunshots about 2:15 a.m. Thursday.

There was a three-alarm fire at the townhouse building on Wednesday. The resident's unit sustained smoke and water damage, so there was no running electricity to his home.

"I still have possessions that, in the dark, somebody could come in, break a window and nobody would know it," said the resident, who requested he not be identified.

The resident said he heard a crash of glass a short time after the gunshots.

"I assumed it was one of the burned-out units," he said. "It put me on edge."

The resident, who has a concealed handgun license, grabbed his gun and went downstairs, where he saw a man climbing through a window, investigators said.

"I told him to stop, get out of here," the resident said. "When they came in, I discharged my weapon on him."

The resident immediately called 911.

The intruder was taken to Ben Taub Hospital, where he died. His name has not been released, but deputies said he was 22 years old.

"I value human life and I hated that this person put me in this position. I hate it," the resident said. "If they backed out the window, all I'd have is just a broken window. When they told me he expired, I wept."

The resident said it was dark when the incident occurred, so he didn't get a good look at the man.

"I found out from a detective later that the man was armed," the resident said.

Some of the resident's neighbors said they support what he did.

"He warned the guy multiple times, so I'm pretty sure I would have done the same," Anthony Daigle said.

HOUSTON -- A man home alone shot an intruder on Wednesday at an apartment in northwest Houston.

Officials say the incident happened on the 9900 block of Bammel North Houston at Saddlewood Apartments.

The renter was in bed in his first floor apartment when he heard someone kick in his door, according to police. The renter grabbed his handgun, went into the living room and confronted the intruder. The suspect was shot in the backside. (That's diplospeak for shot in the ####)

Officials said the suspect’s injury is non-life threatening.

HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Police say an off-duty Harris County reserve deputy shot and killed an intruder who tried to enter her apartment in southwest Houston Thursday night.

The shooting happened around 6:20pm at an apartment complex in the 11900 block of Oakmoor Parkway.

Investigators say Corey Hayes, 22, got into a disturbance with his mother and grandmother in their apartment when the situation took a turn for the worse and they were forced to run to the officer's nearby apartment unit to seek refuge.

The reserve deputy, who had her young son inside her apartment with her, told investigators Hayes kicked in her door. She identified herself as an officer, but he charged at her anyway, so she fired her weapon once, killing him.

The deputy, who's been with Harris County's Precinct 7 for five years, also provides security for the apartment complex. She will be placed on administrative leave as the investigation continues. As is customary in officer-involved shooting incidents in the city limits, this case is being investigated by the HPD Homicide Division and the Harris County District Attornery's Office. The Precinct 7 Constable's Internal Affairs Unit will also investigate the incident.

Edited by himher

i don't get it.

“We enter this world with ignorance,

We first see the light in bliss,

But it only takes the truth retold

To remind us of what we’ve missed.”

“There's none so blind as those who will not listen.”

Old wisdom: Even a blind hen sometimes finds a grain of corn.

i don't get it.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

*** Thread moved from P&R to Off Topic -- opening & subsequent news stories are neither political nor religious. ***

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

*** Thread moved from P&R to Off Topic -- opening & subsequent news stories are neither political nor religious. ***

Actually they are very relevant to the ongoing topic of assault weapons ban in this country. Why don't you just have the honesty to say " I don't agree with your viewpoint so I censored you . This thread is more politically relevant than 60% in the P and R forum..

i think the topic should have been titled Nut Breaks in and gets Shot

K1 timeline :

1/11/10 - I-129F sent to California Service Center

1/19/10 - NOA1

2/18/10 - moved and changed address on USCIS site

2/19/10 - touched

3/10/10 - touched

3/10/10 - NOA2, hardcopy recieved 3/12

3/16/10 - Left NVC, recieved MNL case #

3/22/10 - USEM recieved

4/19/10 - Passed Medical

4/28/10 - Interview - Approved

4/30/10 - Picked up Visa and completed CFO

5/5/10 - POE - Honolulu, Hawaii

5/6/10 - married in Hawaii

AOS timeline:

7/8/10 - received SSN Card

7/16/10 - reported US marriage for RP records

10/18/10 - AOS delivered in Chicago

10/25/10 - NOA1

11/04/10 - Biometrics Letter Received

11/23/10 - Biometrics Completed

11/24/10 - touched

11/26/10 - touched

02/14/11 - AOS approved at Interview, GC ordered

02/22/11 - GC arrives in mail

ROC Timeline:

12/17/12 - I-751 sent to California Service Center

12/20/12 - NOA1 arrives in mail

1/14/13 - Biometrics appointment

4/11/13 - RC Approved at Interview

4/22/13 - 10 Year Green Card arrived in mail

event.png

Always Thankful for God's blessings on our lives..