listeria

USCIS Notice of Implementation of Immigrant Visa DHS Domestic Processing Fee Effective 02/01/2013

53 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: India
Timeline

Have anyone heard of this - USCIS Notice of Implementation of Immigrant Visa DHS Domestic Processing Fee Effective 02/01/2013

USCIS will start from February 1, 2013, to collect a $165 Immigrant Visa DHS Domestic Processing Fee (USCIS Immigrant Fee) from individuals who have been issued immigrant visas by the U.S. Department of State (DOS) and are applying for admission to the United States.

The USCIS Immigrant Fee covers the cost of processing that is performed in the United States after immigrant visa holders receive their visa packages from DOS and are admitted to the United States. This notice provides instructions on how individuals who have been issued immigrant visas from DOS can pay the fee.

Another form of Revenue by USCIS?

PD: 12/09/2010; Visa Approved: 04/29/2013

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline

Another form of Revenue by USCIS?

It is just another fee, and it will be added to the cost of the package... The amount of paperwork is ever mounting and they need to make up for the added costs.

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: India
Timeline

After US consulates abroad issues DOS packages, applicant will have to go to Pay.gov and pay online either before or after landing in the U.S.

Attached is a PDF doc. with all relevant info.

It is just another fee, and it will be added to the cost of the package... The amount of paperwork is ever mounting and they need to make up for the added costs.

New Immigrant Fee.pdf

PD: 12/09/2010; Visa Approved: 04/29/2013

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

hey - you pasting stuff from a website?

please post the URL - tia !

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

After US consulates abroad issues DOS packages, applicant will have to go to Pay.gov and pay online either before or after landing in the U.S.

That is even better, for in that case one can pay online and get it over with.

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Timeline

ok la - i've read the pdf file.

more monies ! Yay ! grrrrrr.

That is even better, for in that case one can pay online and get it over with.

eh - most immigrant visa holders won't be able to pay, as they not have a USA bank account for the ACH transaction.

So, IMO, it'll be on the petitioner's head to pay it before the beneficiary jumps on the plane.

Lets see if it's actually checked at the POE, Yar !

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

eh - most immigrant visa holders won't be able to pay, as they not have a USA bank account for the ACH transaction.

So, IMO, it'll be on the petitioner's head to pay it before the beneficiary jumps on the plane.

As it should be, after all the petitioner is the one who is uprooting a person from his/her home and as required, is financially responsible for the immigrant.

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Moved from Bringing Members forum to Immigration News forum as topic is more fitting here.

The bulletin pretty much says it won't be checked at POE. It says you won't get a green card until it is paid.

Failure to pay the USCIS Immigrant Fee will not directly result in denial of

admission to the United States as an immigrant or the loss of status as an alien lawfully

admitted for permanent residence. However, USCIS will not issue a Permanent Resident

Card (Form I-551) to an individual who is subject to the USCIS Immigrant Fee until the

individual has remitted the fee.

Timeline

DaveE - Yay ! More Kerfluffles !!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

July 09, 2012 - Sent in application for I-129f petition for K1 Visa
Dec. 31, 2012 - NOA2
Feb. 23, 2013 - Visa received
March 31, 2013 - POE
April 12, 2013 - Wedding! (41213 prime!)

May 02, 2013 - Sent off AOS, EAD, AP package

May 04, 2013 - Package arrived at Chicago lockbox

May 22, 2013 - Early walk in Biometrics, Alexandria VA

June 03, 2013 - RFE for AOS

June 17, 2013 - RFE response received

July 05, 2013 - EAD and AP approved

July 10, 2013 - EAD card production

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

This is what I have on it.

Implementation of New USCIS Immigrant Fee Feb. 1

New fee allows USCIS to recover the costs of processing immigrant visas after individuals receive their visa packages from the Department of State abroad

WASHINGTON—On Feb. 1, 2013, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) will begin collecting a new USCIS Immigrant Fee of

$165 from foreign nationals seeking permanent residence in the United States. This new fee was established in USCIS’s final rule <http://edocket.access.gpo.gov/2010/pdf/2010-23725.pdf>

adjusting fees for immigration applications and petitions announced on Sept. 24, 2010.

USCIS has worked closely with the Department of State (DOS) to implement the new fee which allows USCIS to recover the costs of processing immigrant visas in the United States after immigrant visa holders receive their visa packages from DOS. This includes staff time to handle, file and maintain the immigrant visa package, and the cost of producing and delivering the permanent resident card. The implementation of this new fee is further detailed in a Federal Register <https://www.federalregister.gov/articles/2012/12/14/2012-30226/implementation-of-immigrant-visa-dhs-domestic-processing-fee?utm_campaign=pi+subscription+mailing+list&utm_medium=email&utm_source=federalregister.gov>

notice scheduled for publication tomorrow.

In order to simplify and centralize the payment process, applicants will pay online through the USCIS website after they receive their visa package from DOS and before they depart for the United States.

DOS will provide applicants with specific information on how to submit payment when they attend their consular interview. The new fee is in addition to fees charged by DOS associated with an individual’s immigrant visa application.

USCIS processes approximately 36,000 immigrant visa packages each month. Prospective adoptive parents whose child will enter the United States under the Orphan or Hague processes are exempt from the new fee.

For more information visit our USCIS Immigrant Fee webpage.

<http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.5af9bb95919f35e66f614176543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=3a2bb75e8109b310VgnVCM100000082ca60aRCRD&vgnextchannel=fe529c7755cb9010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1RCRD>

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

Hopefully you at least can slip under the bar :) I will keep my fingers crossed for you. I have no hope. I just wish it actually expedited something...

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Reading into this as the K1 is classed as a non immigrant visa we wil not be subject to this fee. Only CR1 and IR1 will need to pay from the spousal side of visas

2008 - Met Amber Online Whilst I Was Working in GA.

07 - 2011 - Met For The First Time Whilst I Was On Vacation in FL

12 - 2011 - Visited Amber for a Week

04 - 2012 - Spent 10 Days in SC - Engaged

08 - 2012 - Amber visited UK for 16 days.

12-2012 - Spending 14 days in SC -Wedding Planning

http://4000milesmakestheheartgrowfonder.wordpress.com

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.