mohammed mohammed

What about customs and traditions?

10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Yemen
Timeline

I live in a devout society in Yemen.

her fiancee family did not allow me to take a picture with my fiancee when she came to Yemen in more than a year ..... addition to customs and traditions do not allow me to do that .... My question is how I can prove that in my case , I do not want to affect that on my case.

Note: her fiancee's parents are now in Yemen on vacation, can I benefited of them during their presence here in Yemen before they left

Please answer my question

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Guyana
Timeline

well yea they can be very devout but there comes a time common sense must prevail. your fiance trying to apply for immigration. in the grand scheme of things taking a picture is not the worse thing she can do now is it? but yea your question about customs and traditions they have to abide by it but you are just making it MORE difficult I think. Try to make it simple as possible. They will abide by your customs but dont be suprised you are waiting for years while they investigate all aspects of your relations.

In the end is it not just easier to take a few pics? plus you are applying for K1 visa from Yemen and with no proofs of meeting you will be denied. You can get no benefit from parents. you need her and proofs of meeting. better call her up fast.

4027-dil-ko-choo-jaye-gi-shayari-collection-heart_91.gif?d=1205939495

USCIS understands customs and traditions, and photos together are not a requirement. You need to show that your relationship is real. How you do that is up to you.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Try adding a letter from your religious leader stating that as a devout member of your faith you were unable to do X. --- It may help, it may not.

Also try to get whatever other evidence you can of your bonafide relationship, letters from friends, trio tickets, itineraries, anything that shows you were together.

Hope this helps, good luck.

We became a couple : 2011-05-29
I visited him : 2011-10-28 - 2011-11-17
He visited me (and my crazy family) : 2012-02-05 - 2012-02-17
I-129F Sent : 2012-02-05
I-129F NOA1 : 2012-02-14
I entered on VWP to stay 3 months: 2012-04-11 - 2012-07-03
---
Went to get my medical done for interview in Australia (much cheaper in the US and I was already here):2012-05-20
Medical issue diagnosed
K-1 petition cancellation request sent to CSC : 2012-06-01
Married: 2012-06-21
Filed for AOS : 2012-08-08
NOA1 : 2012-08-10
Biometrics : 2012-09-14
EAD approved : 2012-10-16
Applied for SSN : 2012-11-01
Received SSN : 2012-11-13
Received interview notice :2012-12-27
Interview- APPROVED :2013-01-28
Green card received :2013-02-04
Baby girl born :2013-03-09

Filed for ROC :2014-12-05
NOA :2014-12-11
Biometrics : 2015-01-15

ROC Approval : 2015-05-14

Filed: Timeline

I live in a devout society in Yemen.her fiancee family did not allow me to take a picture with my fiancee when she came to Yemen in more than a year ..... addition to customs and traditions do not allow me to do that .... My question is how I can prove that in my case , I do not want to affect that on my case.Note: her fiancee's parents are now in Yemen on vacation, can I benefited of them during their presence here in Yemen before they leftPlease answer my question

I'm guessing this is to fulfill the meeting in person requirement, and to prove a bona fide relationship.

The embassy in Yemen should be aware that such customs do exist. If you have other strong proofs, you may be able to submit them with no photos at all.

To get past using photos though, it would have to be very strong evidence. Bills in both names and financial co-mingling might get you past the bona fide part, but how to prove you've met with no pictures will be harder. One idea might be boarding passes on a flight you've taken together, coupled with affidavits. Just throwing ideas out there.

I am aware that in certain parts of the Islamic world, having your picture taken is an extremely serious thing, but you have to keep in mind that immigration is also an extremely serious thing.

Edited by Jay Jay

Timeline

Why not just marry her in Yemen and file for a spousal petition? Then her parents can't object to anything. Besides FYI the Sana'a embassy treats all K-1's with suspicion, especially if both petitioner and beneficiary are of Yemeni background. Since you need to prove you have a genuine relationship and have spent time in person with the beneficiary, the embassy finds it hard to believe that you wouldn't already be married. They know the culture better than a lot of natives. You will have to prove to them that you are not married but that you have a real relationship.

Good luck with that.

"If you’re brave enough to say goodbye, life will reward you with a new hello."

- Paulo Coelho

Timeline

thank you for all

Why not just marry her in Yemen and file for a spousal petition? Then her parents can't object to anything. Besides FYI the Sana'a embassy treats all K-1's with suspicion, especially if both petitioner and beneficiary are of Yemeni background. Since you need to prove you have a genuine relationship and have spent time in person with the beneficiary, the embassy finds it hard to believe that you wouldn't already be married. They know the culture better than a lot of natives. You will have to prove to them that you are not married but that you have a real relationship.

Good luck with that.

she can not come to Yemen because she studying university

thank you for all

she can not come to Yemen because she studying university

Universities have school breaks - winter, spring, summer. If she made it there a year ago, she can make it there again, right?

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I live in a devout society in Yemen.

her fiancee family did not allow me to take a picture with my fiancee when she came to Yemen in more than a year ..... addition to customs and traditions do not allow me to do that .... My question is how I can prove that in my case , I do not want to affect that on my case.

Note: her fiancee's parents are now in Yemen on vacation, can I benefited of them during their presence here in Yemen before they left

Please answer my question

Photos are secondary evidence and not even required. Show that you were in the country to meet her(boarding passes, passport stamps, receipts etc.)

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.