15 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

He Guys,

My wife is about to get interview date next month. We were married couple years ago and I filed the tax return as married jointly. We receive the ITIN through the tax office but I am confuse about the ITIN that we received. Is there any problem to get ITIN when my wife was oversease? Will the cosular give her any hot time for ITIN? Do we need to show them any evidence of support like money gram receipt or transaction history? Please give me reply as soon as possible.

My wife is about to get interview date next month. We were married couple years ago and I filed the tax return as married jointly. We receive the ITIN through the tax office but I am confuse about the ITIN that we received. Is there any problem to get ITIN when my wife was oversease? Will the cosular give her any hot time for ITIN? Do we need to show them any evidence of support like money gram receipt or transaction history? Please give me reply as soon as possible.

IMHO the ITIN would work in your favor as you are already showing cominginly of your lives by filing US taxes for your wife.

Good luck,

Dave

ITIN doesn't negatively impact a decision. Actually it helps because it shows you are filing taxes. I had one and wasn't even asked about it at my interview.

05/22/2012 - MAILED AOS PACKAGE.
06/04/2012 - RECEIVED NOTICE IN THE MAIL.
06/04/2012 - RECEIVED BIOMETRICS APPOINTMENT IN THE MAIL.
06/06/2012 - WALK IN BIOMETRICS COMPLETED.
07/11/2012 - TEXT AND EMAIL NOTIFICATIONS OF I-485 INTERVIEW APPOINTMENT.
07/13/2012 - RECEIVED HARD COPY OF INTERVIEW NOTICE IN THE MAIL.
07/28/2012 - EAD CARD PRODUCTION ORDER.
08/04/2012 - EAD CARD IN HAND.
08/15/2012 - GC INTERVIEW. APPROVED. PASSPORT STAMPED.
08/20/2012 - GC CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED.
08/23/2012 - GC RECEIVED.

06/28/2014 - MAILED I-751 PACKAGE

07/05/2014 - RECEIVED NOA 1

01/15/2016 - Interviewed and Approved.

08/02/2016 - N400 Interviewed and Approved.

Timeline

There is no problem with her having gotten the ITIN while she is overseas.

Petitioner LPR upgraded to USC June 22, 2012
August 22, 2012: case complete
October 18, 2012: Interview (APPROVED)
October 26, 2012: Picked up visa from DHL (delay caused by Sandy)
December 15, 2012: POE Atlanta....................became USC July 2016!!!!

Mothers' Journey (My sister is the petitioner)

September 10, 2013: Sent I-130 (UPS next day service)

September 12, 2013: Received text to confirm delivery

September 16, 2013: Received NOA 1

March 22, 2014: Received NOA 2

April 8, 2014: File Received by NVC

May 26, 2015: Interview (approved)..........now LPR (delays caused by 2 RFE)

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

He Guys,

how did you get an ITIN for your wife? What is the procedure? Do you get it once you file jointly or do you need to apply first for an ITIN before you can file jointly? tnx

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Cameroon
Timeline

ITIN is very important. I am having problem at fin aid office right now at my school because I filled single, mean while I am married. They asked me to bring copies of MoneyGram receipts which proof that I have been sending money to my wife in other for me to be eligible for financial aid or loan, and also advised me to get a tax id number for my wife in other for me to file for 2012 if not I will still have this same conflict next semester. Furthermore I also wrote a letter explaining while my wife did not filed tax for 2011 with copies of MoneyGram from Jan to Nov 2012, and the officer of fin aid told me, everything is ok, we shall go ahead to process your aid and loan

I am about to find information on how to apply for tax id number for someone without ssn

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Cameroon
Timeline

ITIN is very important. I am having problem at fin aid office right now at my school because I filled single, mean while I am married. They asked me to bring copies of MoneyGram receipts which proof that I have been sending money to my wife in other for me to be eligible for financial aid or loan, and also advised me to get a tax id number for my wife in other for me to file for 2012 if not I will still have this same conflict next semester. Furthermore I also wrote a letter explaining while my wife did not filed tax for 2011 with copies of MoneyGram from Jan to Nov 2012, and the officer of fin aid told me, everything is ok, we shall go ahead to process your aid and loan

I am about to find information on how to apply for tax id number for someone without ssn

Can someone also tell me the process in obtaining tax number, and how long it takes?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

duplicate topics have been merged.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

how did you get an ITIN for your wife? What is the procedure? Do you get it once you file jointly or do you need to apply first for an ITIN before you can file jointly? tnx

I got the ITIN while filing married jointly. You need have your wife's certify copy of passport from your country.

It was very simple and easy process. Send your tax return copy and certify copy of passport together to IRS office. They take about 4 to 6 weeks to get process and they will send your wife tax ID. You better send the following doc while filling married jointly.

1. Tax copy

2. Certify copy of passport

3. W-7 that's mean you gonna have the right to receive ITIN instead of your wife.

Goof Luck

I got the ITIN while filing married jointly. You need have your wife's certify copy of passport from your country.

It was very simple and easy process. Send your tax return copy and certify copy of passport together to IRS office. They take about 4 to 6 weeks to get process and they will send your wife tax ID. You better send the following doc while filling married jointly.

1. Tax copy

2. Certify copy of passport

3. W-7 that's mean you gonna have the right to receive ITIN instead of your wife.

Goof Luck

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

For haw many years we have to show the tax return transcript while attending at interview?

You need to bring the most recent ITR and W2.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.