30 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

good morning everyone i was just wondering something my husband and i have our interview on Dec 6, 2012 which is on a thursday i know that NVC tells you not to make any travel arrangement until after interview but everyone knows how times are right now and Dec flights are so expensive that i rather purchase my tickets now than after our interview being so that i have faith in God that everything is going to well God willing i feel an approval coming along so my question is..... is Dec 13th 2012 enough time for my husband to have his visa in hand ??? thats the day i plan to purchase tickets for please help and don't forget to keep my husband i in your prayers.....

I say go ahead and purchase it now (i also did same just now :D )

if you calculate its cheaper to book now if there is a delay you can always cancell it by paying cancellation charges which is going to be equal to high price of ticket if you purchase after getting your visa in hand. so if you purchase now and things go well you are going to save some money.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Hi Vigi14, congratulations you'll be together soon, that's so nice. You both waited that much time and been patient. We just started our journey. What I read from the forums that they can ask for more evidence even there is no need. So it's better to not to stress yourself with the ticket also. I suggest you to buy the ticket later. And winter time is the cheapest time of the year, don't worry you'll find the best I believe. Think positive :)

07/06/2012 - Married

10/26/2012 - Our I130 package sended via FedEx 2 Days Delivery

10/30/2012 - NOA1 receive date by USCIS

11/01/2012 - Email Notification for NOA1

11/06/2012 - Hard copy of NOA1 received via mail

01/xx/2013 - Called USCIS and learned that our file was transfered to a local office

01/12/2013 - NOA2 Approved :)

01/29/2013 - Case received by NVC

02/14/2013 - NVC sended AOS Fee Bill and DS 3032 via email (with this email now we know our NVC case number and Invoice I.D. number)

02/14/2013 - AOS Fee Bill Paid Online by petitioner ($88)

02/14/2013 - Beneficiary sended DS 3032 Form by email

02/16/2013 - AOS Fee Bill showed PAID

02/19/2013 - Affidavit of Support sended by petitioner

02/21/2013 - NVC received Affidavit of Support mail

02/27/2013 - DS 3032 email accepted by NVC

03/01/2013 - NVC sended an IV Bill information email, IV Bill paid online by petitioner ($230)

Got interview 13th December and booking tickets for 24th December :-); its a huge gamble but I figure we are in a low risk consulate; we've been married 7 years, have a 2 year old child.

We really want to be in America for Christmas and 24th is the last day.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

I would definitely wait on any flight purchase. my fiance had his interview on 11/7 and we thought approval for sure but they asked him for more recent phone records and now won't have his visa for another 2 weeks or so. we did NOT purchase ahead of time and i'm thankful for that. i believe our approval and yours will happen but better to pay more expensive tickets for sure than gambling and losing :) best of luck to both of us :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

I'm taking the risk, I carefully considered my options when doing so, if something goes wrong, then I can wear the change fee and change in ticket price, I decided I would have regretted not taking the cheaper ticket now if everything goes according to plan.

If you can afford the risk if something goes wrong, do it. but I do concur, you are told not to for that reason. having your ticket booked for a certain date is not a bargaining tool and the local consulate/embassy holds no responsibility.

N400

08 Mar 20: N400 filed online

14 Mar 20: Biometrics scheduled for 31 March - cancelled due to Covid19 shutdown.  

16 Dec 20: Biometrics

12 Feb 21: Interview (approved)

24 Feb 21: Oath Ceremony

ROC

31 Jul 15: ROC (I-751) sent

19 Jan 16: Greencard received

AOS

26 Feb 13: AOS (I-485, I-131, I-765) sent

06 Mar 13: NOA1's received

03 Apr 13: Biometrics completed

12 Sept 13: Interview - Memphis, approved!

Sept 13: Greencard received.

California Service Centre

17 May 12: I-129f sent

23 May 12: NOA1

20 Aug 12: NOA2 (89 days)

20 Nov 12: Interview in Sydney

29 Nov 12: Visa Issued

05 Dec 12: POE Honolulu

20 Dec 12: Wedding day

It's crazy...I purchased my tickets as soon as i received the interview date :bonk: (I called it nervous wrecking).:rofl: But as everyone states it's a risk a chance your taking.:( I said hell with it..:yes: ..we're finally together, we're leaving together and definitely loving to sit together :luv:

I calculated my time off and the time for him to get the visa in hand (7 business days):wow: but we got it before...:dance:

My heart jumped of joy and I quickly didn't think twice about it. (that was my decision)

Dios esta presente todo el tiempo :yes::star::yes: in any and every decision you make!!!:luv:

Con Dios Alante... Siempre!;)

Well if I may Chime in on this.

I too purchased my Wife's ticket. Yeah I know it's a risk but its definitely one that I am willing to take! Things will fall as they may!

I'm taking the risk, I carefully considered my options when doing so, if something goes wrong, then I can wear the change fee and change in ticket price, I decided I would have regretted not taking the cheaper ticket now if everything goes according to plan.

If you can afford the risk if something goes wrong, do it. but I do concur, you are told not to for that reason. having your ticket booked for a certain date is not a bargaining tool and the local consulate/embassy holds no responsibility.

Totally Agree 10000%

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

In this forum we always advise not to buy your ticket until you have your visa in hand! You never know what can happen. Unless you have lots of money and not minding in paying extra fees to reschedule the ticket. It's a risk you will take if you buy it in advance.

I'm allowing 3 weeks after my interview as I'm having my medical the day before, so know there'll be a delay waiting for the medical results before they can issue my visa.

If it's not through by the date of my flight, then I have purchased a flexi ticket which I can change for $60. I know I won't have to make up any difference if it is in fact later that I need to fly, as I had to buy a ridiculously expensive ticket due it being the holiday period.

See my timeline for my expedited I-130 application due to military pcs

n-400

Expedited naturalization (under s 319(b) INA) due to military pcs

n-400 sent: 2013-02-02

NOA1: 2013-02-15

Biometrics date rec: 2013-02-15

Biometrics date: 2013-03-07 (EB walk in 2013-02-20)

Second biometrics: 2013-03-19 (First set unclassifiable)

Inline for interview: 2013-03-21

Testing/interview date: 2013-03-27

Oath ceremony: 2013-03-27

Moving to Germany! 2013-04-13

I'm A United States Citizen

As someone who has travelled this time of year, let me also point out that due to the nearly full flights, the airlines do not have as much fexibility in rescheduling your flight. The next available flight maybe several days away depending on the service they and their partners have to that country. Add in any visa requirements to transit a country and it can be very stressful. I spent 2 hours in Moscow without a passport while they checked god-knows-what. That was a very nerve racking 2 hour wondering if I would get my passport back. There is more to this then just money IMHO.

Good luck and have a safe trip,

Dave

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

do not purchase the ticket that early (unless its a refundable ticket). besides, you do not know what is going to happen. you might end up spending more than you wanted in the first place. :thumbs:

AOS

10/16/2012 Mailed I-485, I-765, I-131
10/19/2012 NOA1
11/09/2012 Biometrics Apt @ 3pm
12/25/2012 EAD/AP Approval
01/05/2013 Received EAD/AP in mail

06/20/2013 AOS APPROVED!!!!!

LIFTING OF CONDITIONS

3/23/15 Mailed I-751

3/25/15 NOA1

3/28/15 NOA1 Received in the Mail

4/28/15 Biometrics Apt.

11/13/15 ROC Approved

11/18/15 Approval Letter Received

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Haiti
Timeline

I would wait until he has his tickets! My friend was put on AP for about 8 weeks after the visa was approved. But if you can afford the cancellation fees later, then, do it... :)

To see a more detailed journey schedule, please see the About Me page and my Timeline.

Our K1 Process

June 7, 2012 -- Sent I-129F to June 9, 2013 -- Religious & Civil Wedding Ceremony in CT

FROM I-129f NOA1 to VISA APPROVAL: Exactly 8 months! No RFEs

Our AOS Process

July 16, 2013 -- Mailed AOS, EAD, and AP Paperwork to December 21, 2013 -- Received GC Card in the Mail!

FROM NOA1 to GREEN CARD in Hand: Exactly 4 months 27 days! No Interview or RFEs.

Our ROC Process

September 21, 2015 -- Mailed ROC Paperwork to August 6, 2016 -- Received Card in the Mail!

FROM NOA1 to GREEN CARD in Hand: Exactly 10 months 10 days! No Interview or RFEs.

Our {His} N-400 Process

Eligible to Apply for Citizenship on September 14, 2016.

October 4, 2016 -- Mailed N-400 Paperwork.

November 8, 2016 -- Completed Biometrics.

May 6, 2017 -- Received Interview Letter in the Mail.

June 8, 2017 -- Interview Passed!

June 16, 2017 -- Oath Ceremony! He is a USC!!

FROM Application to CITIZENSHIP: Exactly 8 months 13 days! No RFEs.

== I am the Petitioner/Sponsor/Citizen Spouse ==

I am going to try and get an earlier interview but even if I cant we are still booking flights, its will be risky but could cost more if we don't book since we will still be paying rent for a month longer etc.

good morning everyone i was just wondering something my husband and i have our interview on Dec 6, 2012 which is on a thursday i know that NVC tells you not to make any travel arrangement until after interview but everyone knows how times are right now and Dec flights are so expensive that i rather purchase my tickets now than after our interview being so that i have faith in God that everything is going to well God willing i feel an approval coming along so my question is..... is Dec 13th 2012 enough time for my husband to have his visa in hand ??? thats the day i plan to purchase tickets for please help and don't forget to keep my husband i in your prayers.....

i do have same issue as you do..my interview is Dec. 7, in manila embassy , Philippines... i wonder how many days or week can we expect for the visa to be delivered... ( Still praying that God will be on our side always .... thinking positive)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

DON'T DO IT !!

I had to reschedule with Travelocity and it cost me $78 per ticket.

78 dollars? I would gladly pay that as a fee...you're joking right?

as far as experience...I had change of flight fees 250 per ticket in the past always with Air France.

OP Good luck with your final choice. Let us know how it works out. :star:

event.png

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.