JStarr

K-1 Visa Marriage Failure

24 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Divorce, inform USCIS about your suspected fraud, and move on. It seems your courtship and marriage was brief so she may have trouble with VAWA - she still has to prove a legitimate relationship and good faith marriage. Do not be alone with her again.

:thumbs::thumbs:

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

Read what is said here. Believe what is said here. Soon she will be geting her own advice and will improve at this. And when you lose here you will lose BIG TIME. Cut your loses now and in the future you can find true happiness.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

sorry to hear this.. but here is my 2 thoughts on this... she probably used you to come to USA, and i believe she is never coming back to you. so please move on with your life and if mutual FOP( full order of protection ) is something that you want to consider, keep in mind that if you ever try to contact her, she could and i believe she will call the police. I really believe you need to be careful and consult your attorney on this and make sure you are open to your attorney about what you want to do and your future plans, before you consent to something..

my other thought. because she called the police and now is consider a "domestic violence victim" , she could get her green card and then citizenship through this new law that was enacted to help victims of domestic violence. now she will use that and get her green card, even if you dont help her in getting the green cards. i think you should really talk to your attorney and don't listen to other people who are not attorneys. .... why i say that? because everyone thinks they know the law and the consequences of certain agreenments, but they don't. Unless they went to law school and practice criminal/family/immigration law.

good luck to you.

So sorry about this but I think the experts have given you all the best advice.

Good luck to your future journey.

K1
05/22/12 - Mailed I-129F
08/17/12 - Approved I-129F NOA2 (85 days)
11/19/12 - Approved Visa!! (179 days)
12/01/12 - POE Honolulu, HI
12/21/12 - Wedding Day!
AOS, EAD and AP
01/05/13 - Mailed I-485, I-765 and I-131
01/09/13 - USCIS accepted case and received text
01/11/13 - Cashed check
01/08/13 - Received NOA1
01/18/13 - Received Biometrics Appointment Notice
01/22/13 - Early Biometrics Walk-in (scheduled Feb 7)
01/27/13 - We're pregnant!!
02/04/13 - Received Appointment Notice
03/04/13 - Approved EAD and AP (58 days)
03/12/13 - Received EAD and AP combo card
03/12/13 - Interview and Approved GC (63 days)
03/20/13 - Received Green Card

10/3/13 - Baby #1 arrived

2/17/14 - Pregnant again! LOL

10/20/14 - Baby #2 arrived
ROC
01/09/15 - Mailed I-751

01/12/15 - NOA

01/16/15 - Received NOA Letter

01/20/15 - Mailed DMV 1yr Extension

02/05/15 - Received Biometrics Letter

02/09/15 - Early Bio (Walk-IN)

02/19/15 - Biometrics Appointment

06/15/15 - Approved
06/15/15 - Card Ordered and Mailed

08/22/15 - Card Received

N-400 on or after 12/15/15

and they'll live happily ever, ever after...
Relationship Journey: Our pursuit to happiness

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

sorry to hear this.. but here is my 2 thoughts on this... she probably used you to come to USA, and i believe she is never coming back to you. so please move on with your life and if mutual FOP( full order of protection ) is something that you want to consider, keep in mind that if you ever try to contact her, she could and i believe she will call the police. I really believe you need to be careful and consult your attorney on this and make sure you are open to your attorney about what you want to do and your future plans, before you consent to something..

my other thought. because she called the police and now is consider a "domestic violence victim" , she could get her green card and then citizenship through this new law that was enacted to help victims of domestic violence. now she will use that and get her green card, even if you dont help her in getting the green cards. i think you should really talk to your attorney and don't listen to other people who are not attorneys. .... why i say that? because everyone thinks they know the law and the consequences of certain agreenments, but they don't. Unless they went to law school and practice criminal/family/immigration law.

good luck to you.

The implication that someone must go to law school in order to understand the law is ridiculous. You don't even have to go to law school to become a lawyer. You just have to pass the bar exam. My uncle passed the bar and is licensed to practice law in three states, and he never attended a law school. Anyone with average intelligence can read and understand the law. What they can't do is practice law without a license unless they are representing themselves.

Nothing that has been discussed in this thread so far could be interpreted as practicing law. It's not illegal to discuss the law. It's not even illegal to offer your opinion on the law. What IS illegal is to offer legal advice or counsel. No state actually defines what this means, but most states require that there be legal consequences for the person listening to the advice before they'll prosecute for unlicensed practice of law. When someone is facing legal consequences for a potential violation of the law then most members here will advise that they consult with a licensed attorney. Some states require that an attorney/client relationship exist before any advice can be considered "legal advice". Other states simply require that the person(s) offering the advice represent that they are legally licensed and qualified to offer that advice, or allow the person(s) receiving the advice to have the impression that they are legally licensed and qualified. Nearly all states require that the advice be directly applicable to the circumstances of the person receiving the advice, that the advice recommend a specific course of action, and that the advice predict the outcome based on that course of action. No state will prosecute for unlicensed practice of law when the person listening to the advice or opinion clearly understands that the person offering that advice or opinion is not a licensed attorney, and that the advice they're offering is not authoritative in any way. If it were otherwise then the government would be free to pass laws while simultaneously forbidding it's citizens from discussing those laws.

Cue rebeccajo... :whistle:

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Filed: Timeline

Another Reason why i stay far from some of those ppl.. i'm liable to knock them out clean. As others have mentioned - stay away from that woman. Block the # she calls from or change the # if you feel it's better for you. If you own a smart phone.. make some changes* and accept her calls the proof will be in your hand. I hope it win will turn out in your favor.

Yep, I totally understand. I moved as far away as geographical possible from my Ex. Loosing my freedom to prove a point is not worth it.

Read what is said here. Believe what is said here. Soon she will be geting her own advice and will improve at this. And when you lose here you will lose BIG TIME. Cut your loses now and in the future you can find true happiness.

Yep, she is definitely geting advice from shelters who have volunteer free legal assistance.

The implication that someone must go to law school in order to understand the law is ridiculous. You don't even have to go to law school to become a lawyer. You just have to pass the bar exam. My uncle passed the bar and is licensed to practice law in three states, and he never attended a law school. Anyone with average intelligence can read and understand the law. What they can't do is practice law without a license unless they are representing themselves.

Nothing that has been discussed in this thread so far could be interpreted as practicing law. It's not illegal to discuss the law. It's not even illegal to offer your opinion on the law. What IS illegal is to offer legal advice or counsel. No state actually defines what this means, but most states require that there be legal consequences for the person listening to the advice before they'll prosecute for unlicensed practice of law. When someone is facing legal consequences for a potential violation of the law then most members here will advise that they consult with a licensed attorney. Some states require that an attorney/client relationship exist before any advice can be considered "legal advice". Other states simply require that the person(s) offering the advice represent that they are legally licensed and qualified to offer that advice, or allow the person(s) receiving the advice to have the impression that they are legally licensed and qualified. Nearly all states require that the advice be directly applicable to the circumstances of the person receiving the advice, that the advice recommend a specific course of action, and that the advice predict the outcome based on that course of action. No state will prosecute for unlicensed practice of law when the person listening to the advice or opinion clearly understands that the person offering that advice or opinion is not a licensed attorney, and that the advice they're offering is not authoritative in any way. If it were otherwise then the government would be free to pass laws while simultaneously forbidding it's citizens from discussing those laws.

Cue rebeccajo... :whistle:

good.gif

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry to hear that... Thats the negative side of the overseas relationship..and also sorry to say most of the e.t (ethiopian) in bahrain are s*x worker, you should know her more..you should divorce her, she's not worth it. dont participate or report to uscis about this not to cont. the petition... All the best of luck!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.