SANDY AND HAMZA

how the person cam get a job in this country?

26 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline

i had 4 month now sive i came to usa , every time i try to apply for a job i find the same question , last jobs you have and experience , what about if some one just done with college in his country and want to start here ? what is the deal ? my degrees are in arabic , i am so confused? i dont know how to start and what to do?

pleazz any one have experience will love to have help

Filed: Other Country: Egypt
Timeline

Are you in Chicago? Were you a teacher in Tunisia? My husband has an education degree and taught Islam and Arabic language in Egypt. Unfortunately here Arabic language nor Islam are taught in the public schools. Right now my husband is substitute teaching and looking in to getting certified to teach English as a second language. Before he started substitute teaching he stocked shelves in a grocery. Not glamorous I know, but it is a job.

Betsy El Sum

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline

i am in saint paul , minnesota, i was teacher of physical education and sport in tunisia, i would like to start with grocery but still looks hard too to find because they still ask of employed histroy and refrence and alot of other stuf

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Where have you applied?

Have you had any interviews yet?

Have you developed any relationships with the arabic community near you? Is there one there?

Talk at your church or mosque. Sometimes those are your best places to get in contact with someone who owns a resturant or something.

Apply for all jobs and take any job, dishwasher, stocker at walmart.

On the application where it states work history either write all your country jobs

or write that you have not worked outside your home. You helped your family

May 24, 2011 NOA1

Sept 11, 2011 NOA2-took 19 days to get case number

Sept 30, 2011 NVC number and IIN received Friday-gotta wait till Monday

Oct 13, 2011 Case Completed- 13 days from receiving case number Took 32 days from NOA2

Nov 30, 2011 Notified of Interview date

January 19, 2012 Interview- 240 days from NOA1

INTERVIEW RESULTS-APPROVED WITH 14 WEEKS AP--but he got his visa in 56 days!!!!!!

PLEASE EDIT YOUR TIMELINE IN YOUR PROFILE SO OTHERS CAN LEARN HOW LONG EACH STEP TAKES IN THIS PROCESS

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Try applying to department stores, right now there is a great demand for seasonal workers which could at least give you something temporary with a reference. Are you close to any airport? In airports you can find jobs in: food service, maintenance, and baggage handlers. Such jobs most likely will do a background check even if you have not worked in the USA. Have patience :)

01/2006 - Filed k1(1st time)

04/2006 - Interview (1st time) denied

Waited, waited...... no review

06/2009 - Filed k1 (2nd time)

09/2009 - NOA 2 approved

12/2009 - Interview (2nd time) APPROVED! VISA ISSUED

02/2010 - Arrived USA

04/2010 - Married

AOS Timeline

4/19/2010-Sent to Chicago Lockbox

4/26/2010-Received texts and emails 7th day

4/30/2010-Received NOA's(Hardcopies) 11th day

5/3/2010-Received ASC appointment notice(mailed 4/29/2010)14th day

5/7/2010-Walk-in Biometrics done(2 weeks earlier)18th day

5/13/2010-Case transferred to CSC

6/2/2010- Case received/resumed at CSC

6/18,6/22,6/23 AOS touches

6/28/2010- EAD production and touch on AP

6/29/2010-AOS APPROVED

7/2/2010- 2nd update on EAD production and touched on AP....

7/6/2010- Received "Welcome Letter" and AP document

7/12/2010-Received GREEN CARD and EAD

greencard.jpg

This is not a mean statement, but first start with correct spelling on your applications. Take a class in ESL. Apply for jobs that give you direct contact with english speaking people to help build your knowlege of the english laanguage written and spoken.

From there you can apply for more meanful jobs based on your education level.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Algeria
Timeline

i am in saint paul , minnesota, i was teacher of physical education and sport in tunisia, i would like to start with grocery but still looks hard too to find because they still ask of employed histroy and refrence and alot of other stuf

Trader joes is a goid place to work if you're interested in a grocery store... Randolph and 35 E in st paul. They offer benefits as well. Also try any cub foods or rainbow. If you don't attend a mosque it may be a good idea to help you network.

Also, you can apply at any restaurant. Use your wife's family or friend's who know you as a reference... Always ask their permission first.

You need to be much more persistent bc there are many jobs available.

event.png

I can't help you as my husband looked for over a year and never even got one call back and that was places like Walmart, McDonalds....all the places everyone suggested and no luck! We gave up after a year and a half, decided he would take college ESL classes and stay home with he babies. After ESL, he will choose a degree to work on and hopefully he finds a job once graduated. My husband got here right when the economy went downhill fast in 2009.......

389672_3802055654913_1108709116_n.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Guyana
Timeline

If you are very desperate and want to find a job FAST I will tell you the easiest way.

Try and find similar ppl like you in your area. they will hire you. stop looking for a job like an American. Find places where ppl of your type working they will give you job. This is the truth I see it all the time. while you are drawing a salary then you can pursue your dream job of teaching and what not.

4027-dil-ko-choo-jaye-gi-shayari-collection-heart_91.gif?d=1205939495

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

In my experience with commercial real estate and income properties...a good manager is always hard to find.

You write about physical education and sports...so you are in good shape for manual labor.

Here we are always in search of RELIABLE honest people to onsite manage complexes. Incorrect English is usually not a deterrent.If u have self learned experience with plumbing or handy man work this is a plus. Or work under a licensed plumber or electrician to learn. See if this might be your calling.

When we have a "couple" for managing, usually the apartment is thrown in with the deal...dont know if that helps with expenses of eliminating rent...and this frees up one or another at a time for other things like ESL classes. or second job....

I know of many plumbers helpers that take home great (legitimate) pay.

Dont know what it is like in ST Paul but there is always a need here in California I have seen...hope some ideas help.

event.png

event.png

Filed: Timeline

You may want to put in applications in suitable warehouse positions as well. Some of the larger furniture stores that have warehouses, need stockers etc. with no experience necessary and many of those places will train you. As someone mentioned here, the holidays are coming and seasonal help is always needed.

Best of luck to u...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.