Bad_Daddy

APNewsBreak: Suspected noncitizens found in Colorado

19 posts in this topic

http://news.yahoo.com/apnewsbreak-suspected-noncitizens-found-colo-235202229--election.html

By IVAN MORENO | Associated Press – 2 hrs 47 mins ago

DENVER (AP) — Colorado Secretary of State Scott Gessler says 300 more suspected noncitizens have been found on the state's voter rolls.

They were among more than 3,900 people who received letters in August questioning their citizenship.

Gessler's office previously said another 141 people who received letters appeared to be noncitizens, based on a federal immigration database.

Elections officials did additional checks after obtaining more immigration identification numbers to run through the database.

Gessler, a Republican, said Tuesday that he wants "to ensure the most accurate, reliable elections possible."

It's the latest chapter in a contentious national debate over whether noncitizens are illegally registered to vote. Critics say the checks could disenfranchise eligible voters.

Gessler says he forwarded the names to county clerks for any potential challenge at the polls.

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

I'm sure their are a fair number of illegals registered to vote throughout the country. Why not? They work with fake ss#'s, drive with fake licenses or no license at all, one legal has 10 cars registered in their name and charges the illegals for the service, legal gets business license in their name and gets cut of action from illegal who actually owns business, illegal pays US citizen to marry them for papers, etc etc. We make it easy for them.

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

I am sure Nobama will be issuing another executive order to stop Colorado from disenfranchsing this poor immigrants from voting. It is no fault of their won and they just want to participate in the American process. In fact Nobama will proclaim it is patriotic.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

They found 207 ineligible voters here in FL. That's 207 out of thousands of "suspected ineligible" voters on the rolls. And that's 207 out of close to 12 million registered voters - that's 0.001725% of the electorate. Huge issue. :rolleyes:

Seems like that could have made a big difference back in 2000.

You can click on the 'X' to the right to ignore this signature.

Filed: Timeline
What was Bush's margin of victory in 2000? 537 votes or something like that?

It was. 207 < 537. So even if all these had actually voted (assumption) and even if they had all voted one particular way (assumption) and if that particular way had been voting for the other guy (assumption) then it still wouldn't have made a difference. Let a lone a big difference as you had stated.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

It was. 207 < 537. So even if all these had actually voted (assumption) and even if they had all voted one particular way (assumption) and if that particular way had been voting for the other guy (assumption) then it still wouldn't have made a difference. Let a lone a big difference as you had stated.

Seems to me if it could happen with 537, it could happen with 207. Just sayin.

You can click on the 'X' to the right to ignore this signature.

Seems to me if it could happen with 537, it could happen with 207. Just sayin.

Again, that's assuming a lot. Instead we're keeping eligible voters away from the polls by numbers larger than that. That potentially makes a big difference, doesn't it? And yet, we're not concerned about that at all.

Again, that's assuming a lot. Instead we're keeping eligible voters away from the polls by numbers larger than that. That potentially makes a big difference, doesn't it? And yet, we're not concerned about that at all.

As much as I agree with your statement that illegal voting is not a problem, I disagree with your assumption that requiring an id to vote is keeping eligible voters away. I'm not saying it's not true, simply that I don't agree with that statement. Is there any data on that we can reference?

As much as I agree with your statement that illegal voting is not a problem, I disagree with your assumption that requiring an id to vote is keeping eligible voters away. I'm not saying it's not true, simply that I don't agree with that statement. Is there any data on that we can reference?

It's not the voter ID. Here in FL the Republicans dug deeper into the trick box to make sure voters have a harder time registering as well.