PSM

DENIED

60 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

I am sitting here stunned, I cannot believe this. I would wait a few days and then call for the reason. Pictures are not the tell all to an interview, how did he answer the questions? The pictures in my photo album are not dated. Before getting married make sure you have the actual denial reason. You can IM me anytime.

they have to pick on somebody and they decided to find any little thing to reject it.

Next time, after you get married, take some good photos and date them and you will be good to go.

stay healthy, and I wish both of you the best of luck.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

I've been there before. LAst year December my fiance was interviewed and denied because the IO felt that the relationship wasn't bonafied. Mind you we had phone records and pictures. I personally feel that it depends on the Io's mood whether they deny or approve you. And why would she advise you guys to get married and then re-file? Many people would oppose that idea. Not saying that it is wrong, but I was told by an immigration lawyer that marrying can back fire as well. I would appeal and try to get in contact with a head offiver from the embassy. Also, get you congress member involved ASAP. They really help. Make sure you do so before your petition is sent back.

your right, they have to reject some people otherwise it will look like they are not doing there job.

I bet the next time they apply they will not be rejected as long as they get married and take some good photos.

have a civil AND church wedding with photos. With family members in the photos if possible.

This is very disheartening. Praying for you and your fiance. Whatever you decide, I wish you many blessings.(F)

Filed: Timeline

Next time(NO WESTERN UNION RECIPS) it does not look good to anyone for a women to send Money to a Men. This was part of your denial.

Yiles!! How about in my case a USC Male of the same tribe as my Fiancee who is in Nigeria who I send money to on a monthly basis? I am also older than my Fiancee if that matters.

Thanks.

Please read the rules that consular officers SHOULD be following in regards to denying visa's based on suspicion that the relationship is not valid:

From here: http://travel.state....grams_1415.html

Probably the best link I have ran accross on this site, thanks for sharing.

Perhaps we should get a petition together to Mrs. Clinton to have her staff read the linked material.

Yiles!! How about in my case a USC Male of the same tribe as my Fiancee who is in Nigeria who I send money to on a monthly basis? I am also older than my Fiancee if that matters.

Thanks

Perhaps we should get a petition together to Mrs. Clinton to have her staff read the linked material.

A man sending money to a women does not look as bad, however sending money is not a sign of a bonafide relationship and IMO should never be include as evidence in the packet or at the interview especially in countries of high fraud.

With that being said, to the OP I am sooooo sorry that you have had this type of bump in the road. And look at it as just that. Now on to plan B or C if need be, re-group and figure out what steps you are going to take next. If you truly love him...fight to be with him! I wish you the best of luck.

Our Journey
6/13/2012 Sent I-129F package
6/14/2012 NOA1 --> California Service Center
9/25/2012 NOA2
10/01/2012 NOA2 Hardcopy received
10/01/2012 NVC Received
10/19/2012 Left NVC
11/30/2012 Picked-up Packet from Local Post Office
01/16/2013 Medical
01/23/2013 Interview - In AP

09/24/2013 Visa picked-up from DOMEX
10/10/2013 POE Ft. Lauderdale

10/28/2013 Applied for Social Security Number

01/01/2014 WEDDING IN LAS VEGAS

heart_28.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I have an UPDATE. My fiance was contacted by the embassy by phone around 4pm. They called him, blocked number, it was a man. He said that he was sorry about today and they are going to generate a new interview date for him to come back in. The "system" will print it off and it will be mailed to him, he should receive his new appointment date letter within 2 weeks. He said that he will need to return with more proof and bring more pictures. Make sure to write the dates on them. He said just bring pictures and it does not necessarily have to be pictures of us together, it could be ones of me alone at my house that I send to him. He does not have to do any of the forms or fees again; only pictures or proof. I do not understand and I do not get it, but hey, at this point, we will take anything they want to give us. So now, more waiting...

Wow, all the best to you!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I have an UPDATE. My fiance was contacted by the embassy by phone around 4pm. They called him, blocked number, it was a man. He said that he was sorry about today and they are going to generate a new interview date for him to come back in. The "system" will print it off and it will be mailed to him, he should receive his new appointment date letter within 2 weeks. He said that he will need to return with more proof and bring more pictures. Make sure to write the dates on them. He said just bring pictures and it does not necessarily have to be pictures of us together, it could be ones of me alone at my house that I send to him. He does not have to do any of the forms or fees again; only pictures or proof. I do not understand and I do not get it, but hey, at this point, we will take anything they want to give us. So now, more waiting...

That's great. All the best with the new interview.

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Good! :star:

Try to think of anything else he can bring as proof of relationship...

Did you send affidavits from friends and family? It can really help.

Could you go down and wait in the courtyard on the next interview date?

Wishing you all the best, someone at the embassy caught this, undated pictures are not enough to deny a visa.

As for the concern about money, many many relationships of this sort (immigration) share the same economic conditions. It is VERY COMMON for the consular to ask for Western Union receipts and very common for people to help support their significant other's abroad, especially if they come from a country of lesser means. It is not an automatic red flag if someone is sending reasonable amounts of money to their fiance' or spouse. :thumbs:

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Oh, there is more than a petition, there is a class action lawsuit!

http://entrylaw.com/tranclassaction.html

It was thrown out of a federal court in Oregon in 2011 siting the "Doctrine of Consular Non-reviewability" <~~ Google that if you really want your head to hurt :wacko::bonk: but it basically says there is no recourse against the consular's decision. No legal action can be taken against them.

They have filed an appeal and oral arguments were heard last week.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Laos
Timeline

My wife's first K1 interview was a denial! I had to hire an attorney to fix the mistakes. The CO said I lied trying to get my fiancee to come abroad during the first failed interview. I wrote to my congress but it wasn't much help. I had to hire an attorney to fix the mistakes and on her second interview I flew over to be with her. I think with me being there was what made the difference. There were 8 other applicants and only 1 person and my fiancee (now my wife) passed. The american CO was rude and obnoxious toward the applicants because they dont speak english. He tried to speak Laotion but his accent was strange and many of the applicants had a hard time understanding him. this made him angry. LOL My impression of him was that he wasn't happy being stuck in a hot humid country 20 hours of flight time away from home. My wife stuttered on a few questions but when he asked me I was able to explain in much better details. I wish you luck!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.