PSM

DENIED

60 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Serbia
Timeline

I have an UPDATE. My fiance was contacted by the embassy by phone around 4pm. They called him, blocked number, it was a man. He said that he was sorry about today and they are going to generate a new interview date for him to come back in. The "system" will print it off and it will be mailed to him, he should receive his new appointment date letter within 2 weeks. He said that he will need to return with more proof and bring more pictures. Make sure to write the dates on them. He said just bring pictures and it does not necessarily have to be pictures of us together, it could be ones of me alone at my house that I send to him. He does not have to do any of the forms or fees again; only pictures or proof. I do not understand and I do not get it, but hey, at this point, we will take anything they want to give us. So now, more waiting...

:thumbs: wishing you the best

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I am so sorry to hear what your going through...THis happened to me last year. I was denied K1 visa(my fiance). It was so unfair....We got the lawyer to submit more proof, had my entire family 50 ppl writting letters certified to allow the embassy know its real, and they can't attend the wedding overseas...Waste of money...We ended up going to INdia and geting married started the CR-1 route...

Good luck on your journey, make sure you send your fiance enough pictures even of your kids...

Edited by taal

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I just wanted to say thank you to everyone for all of the well wishes and positive vibes. It actually really does help. I needed to take yesterday to cry, whine and moan, and just get it all out. Now, I am ready to fight again. I am gathering up affidavits from friends and family members. I have three from friends that have all met my fiance and then my mother is going to write one. I am going to have the kids write/draw up something as well. Pinkrlion, I am doing exactly what you said, out of spite to them, I am sending back all of the same pictures with the dates and places wrote on them, plus some of my cat and us around the house. This is ours for the taking and we will own it!! Once he gets the letter with the date I am going to try to go. Maybe fly in to Kingston and stay there... which hey, I have not been to Kingston. YET. Thank you all!!!

:thumbs: That's right FIGHT THE POWER.

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I have an UPDATE. My fiance was contacted by the embassy by phone around 4pm. They called him, blocked number, it was a man. He said that he was sorry about today and they are going to generate a new interview date for him to come back in. The "system" will print it off and it will be mailed to him, he should receive his new appointment date letter within 2 weeks. He said that he will need to return with more proof and bring more pictures. Make sure to write the dates on them. He said just bring pictures and it does not necessarily have to be pictures of us together, it could be ones of me alone at my house that I send to him. He does not have to do any of the forms or fees again; only pictures or proof. I do not understand and I do not get it, but hey, at this point, we will take anything they want to give us. So now, more waiting...

I absolutely cheered, clapped my hands out loud, when I read your new post! God is with you and I am happy for their reconsideration of your case.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Honestly, Im very very happy for you. After reading your post I started to.have anxiety about my new petition. However, I strongly believe you shouldnt include wester union receipts. You have to understand how some IO's look at that. Personally being a Jamaican and knowing the mentality of some of my Jamaican people, there are cases in which some people are with foreigners for money purposes. The IOs are supposed to be protecting the US from entry of those kind of people. Its almost like they are stating they know your situation better than you. Yes Jamaica's economical state is horrible and yes this is 2012 n men arent all breadwinners anymore. But, this rule doesnt apply to immigration. Just think of the people who really are being tricked. Being that you got a call back, I take it that maybe the IO that interviewed your fiance was new and inexperienced. Ive never heard of a person having to wait another year before filing a new K1 petition. Maybe a travel visa but not a K1. Not unless your fiance had ganjah in his system or a serious charge, etc.. And to advise you to get married was ridiculous.

Timeline

I have cried my eyes out. At work. I am exhausted and just flat out drained from this whole process. My fiance had his interview today in Kingston. We were denied. He said the officer had issues with our pictures. They were not all dated. There was at least 30 pictures there. And no, not all of them were dated but I had submitted copies of my passport with entry dates and coinciding boarding passes. I don't understand, what more could she have possibly wanted. My fiance said that she said, I am sorry but we can not approve your K1 visa today. Your pictures are not dated and we need more proof. We had digicel records, western union receipts, my ring receipt, some cards that I had sent him, and a sh*t load of pictures.She told him the best option for us was for me to come there and marry him, then file for a spousal visa. He said she kept everything: all of the forms, I-134 with my paystubs, bank info, employment letter, his no impediment certificate, police record, medical, and all of our evidence and pictures. Just gave him back his passport stamped with a green slip with todays date stating we can not apply for another K1 visa for a year. Help please. With what I should do, who to contact, or where do I go from here. I love him whole heartedly but I just do not know if I can go through this process again.

I am soooo sorry. I cry with you today. My fiance has a year ban as well. But I wont take it laying down. With the help from some of the other VJ members, I have taken the necessary steps to have the consular's notes released to me and the keep the original K1 visa from expiring. And you can most certainly apply before one year. If you have to refile, then you should time it so that he will be having his new interview at least a year after his original denial. Its up to you if you want to get married or wait. Getting married wont change the year that you have to wait and it wont guarantee approval. If its really love, this time will surely tell. Trust me, this has put a strain on my relationship but I know that if we can endure this, our love will only be made stronger. Stay strong and trust in the LORD...lean not to your own understanding...Its not the end of the world, but it is the beginning of a fight for your love.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Honestly, Im very very happy for you. After reading your post I started to.have anxiety about my new petition. However, I strongly believe you shouldnt include wester union receipts. You have to understand how some IO's look at that. Personally being a Jamaican and knowing the mentality of some of my Jamaican people, there are cases in which some people are with foreigners for money purposes. The IOs are supposed to be protecting the US from entry of those kind of people. Its almost like they are stating they know your situation better than you. Yes Jamaica's economical state is horrible and yes this is 2012 n men arent all breadwinners anymore. But, this rule doesnt apply to immigration. Just think of the people who really are being tricked. Being that you got a call back, I take it that maybe the IO that interviewed your fiance was new and inexperienced. Ive never heard of a person having to wait another year before filing a new K1 petition. Maybe a travel visa but not a K1. Not unless your fiance had ganjah in his system or a serious charge, etc.. And to advise you to get married was ridiculous.

:thumbs: Agreed on the WU receipts. It's 2012 yes, but it may be misconstrued by the CO.

K1
VSC NOA1 --- March 8, 2012
NOA2 --- October 11, 2012
Visa Approved --- December 17, 2012
POE --- December 22, 2012

AOS
AOS/EAD/AP NOA1 --- March 4, 2013
Biometrics --- April 3, 2013

EAD/AP received --- May 16, 2013

AOS Interview --- August 9, 2013

GC in production --- August 9, 2013

GC received --- August 17, 2013

N400

Approved May, 2018

Oath May, 2018

I130 - Nebraska SC

NOA1 - August 30, 2018

Case approved - August 28, 2019

NVC -

Interview -

I am the USC who brought my fiancé here on a K1,  who's now a USC and is now filing for his mother - whose case just got approved :)

Timeline

I know this has been said before but I just don't get it. Yes, I am a woman who sends money to a man. My man. The love of my life and the man I am with. Of course, I am going to send him money to help him out. Just as I would any another family member. I, the female, am the breadwinner, that's the way it is and we are fine with it. It's 2012 and its ridiculous that we are still playing these gender roles. So I don't think it's fair to say that it does not look good to anyone for a woman to send money to a man. Just because he is a man does not mean he has to be the head of the house and the breadwinner. There are plenty of families were the man is actually the homemaker and stays home to take care of the kids while the female works and brings home the bacon. This does not mean that he is using her. It only means that this is what works for them and their family. Come on people. It's time for everyone to open their eyes and realize this isn't "Leave it to Beaver" and we are not The Cleavers!.... Otherwise we wouldn't all be here!

All I can say is "AMEN, SISTAH!!! My feelings exactly!"

OUR RELATIONSHIP:

Trip 00: 02/28/09 - We met on the beach.

Trip 01: 04/27/09

Trip 02: 07/30/09

Trip 03: 10/23/09

Trip 04: 02/05/10

Trip 05: 04/01/10

Trip 06: 07/01/10 - My mother visited with me.

Trip 07: 10/23/10 - Kinda engaged... Don't ask! :)

Trip 08: 02/23/11

Trip 09: 06/15/11

Visa application: 10/31/11 - We wanted to be legitimate and have him return home, but he was declined a visitor's visa.

Trip 10: 12/07/11

Trip 11: 01/20/12

Trip 12: 05/23/12 - We are engaged, officially!

VISA JOURNEY:

02/17/2012 - I-129F, Petition for Alien Fiance(e) mailed to USCIS

02/22/2012 - I-129F, Petition for Alien Fiance(e) received at USCIS - ACCEPTED

02/24/2012

• USCIS NOA1 printed notification (I-797C, Notice of Action) dated

• USCIS NOA1 received text message (at 10:52 PM)

• USCIS NOA1 received email (at 11:51 PM)

02/27/2012 - USCIS NOA1 printed notification postmarked

03/01/2012 - USCIS NOA1 printed notification received

07/18/2012

• USCIS NOA2 received email (at 10:30 PM) - APPROVED

• USCIS NOA2 received text message (at 10:45 PM)

• USCIS NOA2 printed notification (I-797, Notice of Action) dated

07/19/2012 - USCIS NOA2 printed notification postmarked

07/23/2012 - USCIS NOA2 printed notification received

07/30/2012 - NVC forwarded to US Embassy in Kingston

07/31/2012 - Letter from NVC dated

08/02/2012 - Letter from NVC postmarked

08/06/2012 - Letter from NVC received

Timeline

I just saw your original post and when I read it, I was so so so very disappointed and hurt for you. Now, I am so relieved that it looks as if they are going to correct their "bad". I wish you nothing but the best. You all will pull through. Continue to stand firm and get your man! ;)

OUR RELATIONSHIP:

Trip 00: 02/28/09 - We met on the beach.

Trip 01: 04/27/09

Trip 02: 07/30/09

Trip 03: 10/23/09

Trip 04: 02/05/10

Trip 05: 04/01/10

Trip 06: 07/01/10 - My mother visited with me.

Trip 07: 10/23/10 - Kinda engaged... Don't ask! :)

Trip 08: 02/23/11

Trip 09: 06/15/11

Visa application: 10/31/11 - We wanted to be legitimate and have him return home, but he was declined a visitor's visa.

Trip 10: 12/07/11

Trip 11: 01/20/12

Trip 12: 05/23/12 - We are engaged, officially!

VISA JOURNEY:

02/17/2012 - I-129F, Petition for Alien Fiance(e) mailed to USCIS

02/22/2012 - I-129F, Petition for Alien Fiance(e) received at USCIS - ACCEPTED

02/24/2012

• USCIS NOA1 printed notification (I-797C, Notice of Action) dated

• USCIS NOA1 received text message (at 10:52 PM)

• USCIS NOA1 received email (at 11:51 PM)

02/27/2012 - USCIS NOA1 printed notification postmarked

03/01/2012 - USCIS NOA1 printed notification received

07/18/2012

• USCIS NOA2 received email (at 10:30 PM) - APPROVED

• USCIS NOA2 received text message (at 10:45 PM)

• USCIS NOA2 printed notification (I-797, Notice of Action) dated

07/19/2012 - USCIS NOA2 printed notification postmarked

07/23/2012 - USCIS NOA2 printed notification received

07/30/2012 - NVC forwarded to US Embassy in Kingston

07/31/2012 - Letter from NVC dated

08/02/2012 - Letter from NVC postmarked

08/06/2012 - Letter from NVC received

• 2 weeks later...

A man sending money to a women does not look as bad, however sending money is not a sign of a bonafide relationship and IMO should never be include as evidence in the packet or at the interview especially in countries of high fraud.

I agree and wouldn't voluntarily submit it. However, some consulates ask for it. It's quite common for the prescreeners in Manila to ask for remittances, and it is actually a suggestion for "Evidence of Relationship" on the Manila K-1 instructions packet. For this reason, we plan to have remittances on hand if asked for.

Our K-1 and AOS Journey

05/12-05/22/10-met my sweetheart and family(had lots of fun!)
12/13-12/26/11-met again for engagement/Christmas
04/10/12-I-129F petition sent
04/13/12-USPS delivery confirmation
04/18/12-NOA1 text/email
04/21/12-NOA1(receipt 04/17/12)
10/10/12-NOA2 text
10/15/12-NOA2 letter received
10/27/12-NVC letter received
11/28/12-Medical Exam-PASSED
12/07/12-K-1 Interview-APPROVED

02/12/13-POE-Atlanta
03/04/13-Wedding
03/27/13-AOS,EAD,AP delivered
04/03/13-NOAs text/email
04/08/13-NOAs received
04/26/13-Biometrics appointment(walk-in done 04/17)

06/03/13-EAD card production/AP post decision approval

06/10/13-EAD/AP combo card received

04/04/14-AOS card production/decision

04/11/14-NOA2 welcome to the USA

04/12/14-Received GC

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hello everyone......

Can anyone help me please,I'm so upset. My husband had his interview 11/14/12,he passed but sponsership/2011 tax return did not meet the guidelines. for past 20 years my income has been steady except for 2011 where I had started a bussiness on the side for extra income but the bz did not survive the bad economy. I closed the BZ and claimed the loss as credit on my 2011 tax return, after all the deductions my 2011 gross incom fell below the financial support guidelines.. I dont think, Embassy should base the visa approval on one year of bad income. For the past 20 years I have reported good income and paid alot of taxes. I recenty sent Kingston copies of my last 5 years of tax return, 6 months of my recent pay stubs, and a letter explaning the reasons for 2011 low gross income as proof. Will NV approve my husbands visa after reviewng the new supporting documents? I have no one else to help me joint sponser for support... Thank You everyone for youre help in advance............

Hello everyone......

Can anyone help me please,I'm so upset. My husband had his interview 11/14/12,he passed but sponsership/2011 tax return did not meet the guidelines. for past 20 years my income has been steady except for 2011 where I had started a bussiness on the side for extra income but the bz did not survive the bad economy. I closed the BZ and claimed the loss as credit on my 2011 tax return, after all the deductions my 2011 gross incom fell below the financial support guidelines.. I dont think, Embassy should base the visa approval on one year of bad income. For the past 20 years I have reported good income and paid alot of taxes. I recenty sent Kingston copies of my last 5 years of tax return, 6 months of my recent pay stubs, and a letter explaning the reasons for 2011 low gross income as proof. Will NV approve my husbands visa after reviewng the new supporting documents? I have no one else to help me joint sponser for support... Thank You everyone for youre help in advance............

It's best if you start you own thread so your query can be addressed hastily and appropriately.

Tax returns over the last 20 yrs (or 5 yrs prior to 2011) aren't important because they say how well/poorly you were doing then. This is now. Look at how badly your tanked business affected you financially in 2011? Realistically this could mean your spouse would seek means tested benefits and that is what America doesn't want. It is your financial standing or salary that determined your case needed a cosponsor. Consular officers follow a particular guide, and the guide says the latest tax return is what's important. I'm not a 100% sure but if you can show/prove that your current job(s) will bring you over the poverty line for your household then you may not need a cosponsor. Also if your husband has assets/earnings beyond a certain value it can be used as evidence that sponsorship/him being a public charge won't be an issue.

Again I recommend you start your own thread, preferably here.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/110-ir-1-cr-1-spouse-visa-process-procedures/

Edited by aaydrian

They denied you because your photos were not date? That is crazy!!!! What does having the date prove? You can write ANY date you want on a picture. What does THAT prove? The time stamp on your camera? You can set the time stamp on your camera to ANY date you choose. You can set it to the year 1900! What does having the dates on your photos prove?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.