PSM

DENIED

60 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I have cried my eyes out. At work. I am exhausted and just flat out drained from this whole process. My fiance had his interview today in Kingston. We were denied. He said the officer had issues with our pictures. They were not all dated. There was at least 30 pictures there. And no, not all of them were dated but I had submitted copies of my passport with entry dates and coinciding boarding passes. I don't understand, what more could she have possibly wanted. My fiance said that she said, I am sorry but we can not approve your K1 visa today. Your pictures are not dated and we need more proof. We had digicel records, western union receipts, my ring receipt, some cards that I had sent him, and a sh*t load of pictures.She told him the best option for us was for me to come there and marry him, then file for a spousal visa. He said she kept everything: all of the forms, I-134 with my paystubs, bank info, employment letter, his no impediment certificate, police record, medical, and all of our evidence and pictures. Just gave him back his passport stamped with a green slip with todays date stating we can not apply for another K1 visa for a year. Help please. With what I should do, who to contact, or where do I go from here. I love him whole heartedly but I just do not know if I can go through this process again.

November 19, 2010 - Met for the first time on first trip to JA

February 2011 - Second trip to JA

May 2011 - Third trip to JA

February 10, 2012 - Engaged on Fourth trip to JA

February 13, 2012 – I-129F Mailed: VSC

February 22, 2012 – NOA1

August 10, 2012 – NOA2

August 17, 2012 - NVC received

August 23, 2012 - Jamaican Consulate received

August 30, 2012 – emailed DS-230

August 31, 2012 - Consulate verified receipt of DS-230 by email

September 17, 2012 - Packet 4 received

October 4, 2012 - Medical Appointment

October 19, 2012 - Interview

I have cried my eyes out. At work. I am exhausted and just flat out drained from this whole process. My fiance had his interview today in Kingston. We were denied. He said the officer had issues with our pictures. They were not all dated. There was at least 30 pictures there. And no, not all of them were dated but I had submitted copies of my passport with entry dates and coinciding boarding passes. I don't understand, what more could she have possibly wanted. My fiance said that she said, I am sorry but we can not approve your K1 visa today. Your pictures are not dated and we need more proof. We had digicel records, western union receipts, my ring receipt, some cards that I had sent him, and a sh*t load of pictures.She told him the best option for us was for me to come there and marry him, then file for a spousal visa. He said she kept everything: all of the forms, I-134 with my paystubs, bank info, employment letter, his no impediment certificate, police record, medical, and all of our evidence and pictures. Just gave him back his passport stamped with a green slip with todays date stating we can not apply for another K1 visa for a year. Help please. With what I should do, who to contact, or where do I go from here. I love him whole heartedly but I just do not know if I can go through this process again.

I'm so sorry to hear about this. I'm not sure what are the guidelines in Jamaica but I would get married and file for the CR-1 visa and also make sure to attend the interview the second time. It may not be mandatory but I'm sure it will help, if your love for him is that strong, then you will defitenely keep on fighting to be with him despite what the COs say.

Once again, very sorry about this and hope you guys can be together

Timeline

SOOOOOOOOOOO SORRY to hear this . . . do u think it would have made any difference if you would have gone there with him?

Vickie

"Challenges are what make life interesting;

overcoming them is what makes life meaningful"- Joshua J. Marine

Timeline

I have no idea. The original plan was for me to be there. But things came up. Work, graduate school, kids... and I couldn't. Totally did not see this as the outcome.

February 22, 2012 – NOA1

August 10, 2012 – NOA2

Filed: Timeline

Baby girl!! Anything that's hard to get is worth fighting for so read you bible and come marry and get your man. When one door close another one opens so just take the next step which is get married in a small ceremony and send in a CR1 and then redo something when he reaches the states.My heart goes out to you (L)

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I am sitting here stunned, I cannot believe this. I would wait a few days and then call for the reason. Pictures are not the tell all to an interview, how did he answer the questions? The pictures in my photo album are not dated. Before getting married make sure you have the actual denial reason. You can IM me anytime.

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

Timeline

I am sitting here stunned, I cannot believe this. I would wait a few days and then call for the reason. Pictures are not the tell all to an interview, how did he answer the questions? The pictures in my photo album are not dated. Before getting married make sure you have the actual denial reason. You can IM me anytime.

He said they asked him to write down the address of where he will live in the states. Asked when we planned on getting married and where. He said they did not ask anything about the universities or degrees or even my kids... which I find extremely weird bc one of the original pictures I sent in was of him with my kids. I just don't know. I am scared to go down there and get married= what if they do not like my pictures again?

February 22, 2012 – NOA1

August 10, 2012 – NOA2

Timeline

First...Im sooo sooo sorry to hear about your denial. How horrible!! I personally dont think her going to the interview would have sealed the deal. When he was denied he would have given the slip indicating why the denial. Because some of the pitures not being dated doesnt make too much sense. I only had 5 pictures (all dated) in total!!! Have him email you the document the embassy the document he got. It will explain a little more. Then you can also get your congressman involved.

Edited by Jamaicancricket

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

I'm so sorry to hear that! It's so unfair to give you such a reason for denial! But keep your faith high & apply again it's worth it. True love doesn't happen everyday.... Btw what are dated picture? U mean with the date printed on them? Because not all pictures are automatically dated by the camera!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I'm really sorry to hear that. Base on my personal experience, the co didn't ask me for a single piece of evidence of our relationship. ( unreal right) she made up her mind base on how I answered her questions. One of the most important thing is being confident in his answers and answer the questions correctly cause chances are, they might have there little doubts. Its possible the co might be one of those havin a bad day and just decide to take it out on him. Your best option right now is to make plans to get married and do the spousal visa, if what you said is true about the reason they are denying him and take corrective measures next time. Good luck and keep your head up

AOS

10/16/2012 Mailed I-485, I-765, I-131
10/19/2012 NOA1
11/09/2012 Biometrics Apt @ 3pm
12/25/2012 EAD/AP Approval
01/05/2013 Received EAD/AP in mail

06/20/2013 AOS APPROVED!!!!!

LIFTING OF CONDITIONS

3/23/15 Mailed I-751

3/25/15 NOA1

3/28/15 NOA1 Received in the Mail

4/28/15 Biometrics Apt.

11/13/15 ROC Approved

11/18/15 Approval Letter Received

Timeline

I've been there before. LAst year December my fiance was interviewed and denied because the IO felt that the relationship wasn't bonafied. Mind you we had phone records and pictures. I personally feel that it depends on the Io's mood whether they deny or approve you. And why would she advise you guys to get married and then re-file? Many people would oppose that idea. Not saying that it is wrong, but I was told by an immigration lawyer that marrying can back fire as well. I would appeal and try to get in contact with a head offiver from the embassy. Also, get you congress member involved ASAP. They really help. Make sure you do so before your petition is sent back.

Timeline

OMG! I feel so disappointed for you. Pictures not being dated sounds like a silly reason.

Based on my experience there yesterday I saw that a lot of it was based on how a person sounds when they answer the questions. The man who interviewed me did not stop staring into my eyes unless he was looking at a document.

If it was that young lady with light hair and glasses I got the impression that she was so very 'by the book and matter of fact'.

Don't give up. I know it is easier said than done and the process can be frustrating.

Petitioner LPR upgraded to USC June 22, 2012
August 22, 2012: case complete
October 18, 2012: Interview (APPROVED)
October 26, 2012: Picked up visa from DHL (delay caused by Sandy)
December 15, 2012: POE Atlanta....................became USC July 2016!!!!

Mothers' Journey (My sister is the petitioner)

September 10, 2013: Sent I-130 (UPS next day service)

September 12, 2013: Received text to confirm delivery

September 16, 2013: Received NOA 1

March 22, 2014: Received NOA 2

April 8, 2014: File Received by NVC

May 26, 2015: Interview (approved)..........now LPR (delays caused by 2 RFE)

Timeline

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am so tired of Kingston doing this to legitimate couples!!!!! :crying:

I know of one member that e-mailed the embassy the same day telling them she would be there next week and that she would bring whatever they needed for proof. They scheduled another appointment and he got through. Please try this! E-mail KingstonNIVemergency@state.gov

I will try to contact her and see if she has any details about what she said, or try to find that thread for you.

Call your congressman ASAP! Today, Now. Go to their website and print out the release form under constituent services and send it to them.

Catch it before it leaves Kingston or you are in for a long road :(

I am sorry for your pain. (F)

Timeline

Please read the rules that consular officers SHOULD be following in regards to denying visa's based on suspicion that the relationship is not valid:

Providing solid evidence of fraud or misrepresentation in a petition relationship may not be achievable in many cases, particularly those involving marriage or relationship fraud. The FAM guidance on revocations makes this point on several occasions -- posts seeking revocations must show the "factual and concrete reasons for revocation." USCIS has asked us to remind consular officers that revocation requests must provide solid, factual evidence of fraud or misrepresentation, evidence that is likely to stand up in a court of law. In the case of sham marriages, for example, 9 FAM 42.43 N2.2 notes that USCIS requires at the least either documentary evidence that money changed hands between the petitioner and beneficiary or factual evidence that would convince "a reasonable person" that the marriage was entered into solely to evade immigration laws. Without such evidence, USCIS will be unlikely to obtain a petition''s revocation if a petitioner chooses to contest a notice of intent to revoke.

No "deep sixing"

From here: http://travel.state.gov/visa/laws/telegrams/telegrams_1415.html

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.