djricky4

October 2012 AOS Filers

531 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

I got my interview notice about two weeks ago and yesterday i received my EAD card.To those of you who have not received interview notices, hang in there it will come soon.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Ours is the same orangedesk - just showing acceptance and yes - at least we are together already so we got past the hardest part. This waiting isn't near as frustrating even if they don't waive the interview. :thumbs:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

hopefully i get my green card soon so i can get my permanent drivers license, my current on expires in may.

AOS

10/16/2012 Mailed I-485, I-765, I-131
10/19/2012 NOA1
11/09/2012 Biometrics Apt @ 3pm
12/25/2012 EAD/AP Approval
01/05/2013 Received EAD/AP in mail

06/20/2013 AOS APPROVED!!!!!

LIFTING OF CONDITIONS

3/23/15 Mailed I-751

3/25/15 NOA1

3/28/15 NOA1 Received in the Mail

4/28/15 Biometrics Apt.

11/13/15 ROC Approved

11/18/15 Approval Letter Received

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Guyana
Timeline

hopefully i get my green card soon so i can get my permanent drivers license, my current on expires in may.

How long was the validation period, was it based on your EAD validation..? Or did you acquire it before..

Edited by g_yhap

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline

Good question! Mine was based on the EAD so it's valid for a full year, I'm surprised its not the case for you...

OUR K-1 JOURNEY

I-129F Sent - 2012/04/04

I-129F NOA1 - 2012/04/06

I-129F NOA2 - 2012/07/20

NVC Received - 2012/07/27

NVC Left - 2012/07/30

Consulate Received - 2012/08/02

Packet 3 Emailed - 2012/08/03

Visa Received - 2012/09/03

US Entry (Newark, NJ) - 2012/09/27

MARRIED - 2012/09/28

AOS Filed - 2012/10/04

NOA Date - 2012/10/15

Bio. Appt. - 2012/10/22 (early walk-in, scheduled appointment: 11/06)

EAD approved - 2012/12/04

EAD/AP combo card received - 2012/12/12

GREEN CARD received! - 2013/06/29

Timeline

How long was the validation period, was it based on your EAD validation..? Or did you acquire it before..

well i got my license a full month before my EAD got approved, all they asked for was my Social security, AOS paper work and some other stuff from my wife. I got a temporary paper license (a black and white paper copy) on the day i went and took the test in november with a letter saying the permanent on should arrive within 2 months.....fwd to last friday i finally got the permanent one in the mail and i was excited until i see the expired date on it is May 27,2013.......when i call and ask, they said when i get my green card i should come in. If it gets close to the time and i dont have the green card, i will just find out if it can be extended with my EAD which is valid until the end of the year

AOS

10/19/2012 NOA1

LIFTING OF CONDITIONS

3/23/15 Mailed I-751

3/25/15 NOA1

4/28/15 Biometrics Apt.

11/13/15 ROC Approved

Timeline

well i got my license a full month before my EAD got approved, all they asked for was my Social security, AOS paper work and some other stuff from my wife. I got a temporary paper license (a black and white paper copy) on the day i went and took the test in november with a letter saying the permanent on should arrive within 2 months.....fwd to last friday i finally got the permanent one in the mail and i was excited until i see the expired date on it is May 27,2013.......when i call and ask, they said when i get my green card i should come in. If it gets close to the time and i dont have the green card, i will just find out if it can be extended with my EAD which is valid until the end of the year

Well for me when i went to the DMV here in CA all they asked they for was my social and my EAD, the permit i received is valid for 1 year and i have the road test tomorrow at 10am. i was told they don't issue it based on your EAD, so i'm hoping thats the case. And i also received great news a few mins ago.. i got my interview date.. :dance: :dance: I now i have an appointment for Feb 14th, Valentines day.. :dance: :dance: Also your license expires on my birthday. :D

Edited by g_yhap

Timeline

Well for me when i went to the DMV here in CA all they asked they for was my social and my EAD, the permit i received is valid for 1 year and i have the road test tomorrow at 10am. i was told they don't issue it based on your EAD, so i'm hoping thats the case. And i also received great news a few mins ago.. i got my interview date.. :dance: :dance: I now i have an appointment for Feb 14th, Valentines day.. :dance: :dance: Also your license expires on my birthday. :D

Great, im happy for you, good luck with your road test.

AOS

10/19/2012 NOA1

LIFTING OF CONDITIONS

3/23/15 Mailed I-751

3/25/15 NOA1

4/28/15 Biometrics Apt.

11/13/15 ROC Approved

Just a curious question guys. When you get your ead and ap approved, do you still get the noa2s too?

I only got my ead combo card and never recieved any official notice of approval. Do they even send one?

Edited by LA&JK

K1 PROCESS
1/14/12 - I-129f sent to Dallas, TX, 1/18/12 - received by VSC
1/20/12 - NOA 1
7/19/12 - NOA 2 - YES AFTER 183 DAYS!!!
7/27/12 - NVC received
8/02/12 - Consulate received
8/23/12 - Medical exam appt
9/06/12 - Interview @ 9am - Approved! smile.png
9/28/12 - POE - Vienna - London - Philly

Wedding - 10/6/12 @ 1:30pm ET

AOS
10/20/12 - AOS sent to Chicago lockbox
10/26/12 - NOA1s for all 3 forms
11/28/12 - Biometrics appointment
12/29/12 - EAD & AP approved
01/08/13 - EAD combo card received

06/28/13 - AOS approved

Timeline

Just a curious question guys. When you get your ead and ap approved, do you still get the noa2s too?

I only got my ead combo card and never recieved any official notice of approval. Do they even send one?

i've never received a hard copy of the approval notice, i just got the txt msg and email notification and then 10 days later the actual card in the mail.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Got the AP/EAD Combo card in the mail today! We have our Green Card interview tomorrow, great timing! While I'm sure we'll do fine, you can't help to be a little nervous when someone you never meant will attempt to scritinize our relationship of 3.5 years to see if it's real! We have more than enough evidence and are well organized! Wish us luck!

Filed: Timeline

I only got my ead combo card and never received any official notice of approval. Do they even send one?

The approval notice is the letter the card is attached to. There is no separate notice.

If youre one of the lucky or unlucky ones (depending on how you look at it) who is adjusting from a K1 and does not seem to be getting an interview and need to travel with the card as AP, some people are finding it useful to bring the notice with them in addition to the card as most airlines arent familiar with the combo card and the letter explaining what it is seems to help.

Timeline

Got the AP/EAD Combo card in the mail today! We have our Green Card interview tomorrow, great timing! While I'm sure we'll do fine, you can't help to be a little nervous when someone you never meant will attempt to scritinize our relationship of 3.5 years to see if it's real! We have more than enough evidence and are well organized! Wish us luck!

I wish you the best of luck, just be calm and it'l be over before you know it.. :thumbs:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Ours is the same orangedesk - just showing acceptance and yes - at least we are together already so we got past the hardest part. This waiting isn't near as frustrating even if they don't waive the interview. :thumbs:

Ours is the same as well. The AOS case number shows Accepted with fingerprint fee received from Nov 13 and our paper NOA1 has a Priority date of Oct 31 2012. We got the EAD yesterday so now we can go get a state ID card without being treated poorly once the K1 visa validity date expired (technically and legally it expired the moment she entered since it is single entry but who am I to explain that to the unpleasant manager at the IL secretary of state). Let's hope we get no interview and no RFE for DS-3025 (I did not do an I-693). :clock:

N-400 Journey

April 23 2016 - N-400 Window Opens

May 12 2016 - Filed N-400 (new version of form)

May 16 2016 - Received by Phoenix Lock Box

May 18 2016 - Received SMS and Email confirmation

June 10 2016 - Biometrics

Feb 15 2017 - Service Request, response "additional delays"

Feb 15 2017 - Escalation to US Senator ####### Durbin

Mar 01 2017 - Response from Durbins' office - "delayed due to security checks"

April 06 2017 - Emails / SMS received - Interview scheduled

May 15 2017 - Interview - approved in 20 minutes

May 31 2017 - Oath Ceremony

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.