codygrace

Sad and Disheartend Over Work

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I'm upset because my workplace told me today was going to be my last day. I reminded them that my notice was until October 25th. He said it was better for the company because my head wasn't in the business anymore. I told him that wasn't true and that I wanted to work until the end. He said he was doing me a favour. I told him I didn't expect to be treated differently than any other employee and that I was still going to be diligent up until my last shift.

I guess I am just venting. They would rather pay me to stay at home. I feel as if I have gotten fired. I've scheduled anything I have left to do around my remaining shifts, so I have nothing to do but stew. I wanted to work and have things be business as usual so I didn't have time to go nuts thinking about my upcoming move. I've already planned family outings and that. :(

Be a tourist in your own city. You might not come back to see all of the cool stuff there for awhile, so appreciate it while you can!

England.gif England!

And in this crazy life, and through these crazy times

It's you, it's you, You make me sing.

You're every line, you're every word, you're everything.

b0cb1a39c4.png

ROC Timeline

Sent: 7/21/12

NOA1: 7/23/12

Touch: 7/24/2012

Biometrics: 8/24/2012

Card Production Ordered: 3/6/2013

*Eligible for Naturalization: October 13, 2013*

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

I understand how you feel but now you have more time to do things before you leave. Visit with people. Pack and send stuff. If you're being paid anyway he really is doing you a favour.

I understand how they might feel that you leaving is best. The field I'm in they prefer you to leave immediately and not work out your notice because they worry about mistakes, sabotage (accidental or on purpose) and how you'd be less likely to keep your cool for annoying clients and thus hurt the organisations reputation. Not that I'm accusing you of such, but I can understand it.

Plus, and most likely, they're jealous as hell and wanted to get some control back :P

I worked up until 5 days before I was due to leave and really regretted that decision. I wish I had finished 2 weeks before as the move is huge and I did not get to spend the time I wanted with friends and family due to last minute problems. Enjoy the time.

You know your worth and that's all that matters... I say "Next" and enjoy the time. You've earned it...Go have some fun and get things done. I thought I was ready but as the final week counts down I'm still shredding stupid papers...lol...Really be kind to yourself..

hugs

Terri

Fiance visa

04/28/2011 - I-129F - DENIED

02/18/2012 - I-129F petition filed
02/24/2012 - NOA1
09/04/2012 - NOA2, 193 days

Interview:10/22/2012
POE: 10/26/2012 (245 days)

Removal of Conditions

Filed for ROC - 06/09/2015

NOA1 for ROC - 06/12/2015

Biometrics appointment - 07/17/2015

Approval for ROC - 04/20/2016 (316 days)

Naturalization Process

N-400 Filed 06/10/2016

N-400 NOA1 06/14/2016

N-400 biometrics 06/20/16

N-400 interview 01/23/2017

N-400 Oath ceremony 02/10/2017

Immigration Process took 2116 days.

Timeline

Thank you all for your kind words. I appreciate it. I think I am more shocked than anything. I wasn't mentally prepared to leave today. You are all right though, time to move on!

Filed: Timeline

Don't take it personally. It's standard operating procedure for many employers and has nothing whatsoever to do with performance or whether or not they like you. :)

Enjoy your paid vacation!! Like AmyK says.... be a tourist! Eat stuff you're not going to get for a very long time. Go for a walk in your favourite park and soak it up. Imagine you are never coming back again because that's how it's going to feel when you get here. :lol:

iagree.gif

Timeline

The last company I was with denied me a promotion (it's freelance contract work in the TV industry, so it wasn't a long-term thing - the contract is actually done even before my interview date) because my boss said that my "focus is on my wedding and moving to Florida" ... this was back in May. My interview date is in DECEMBER. I ended up quitting that job, reporting them to the labour board, and finding a job with the same title that I would have had if I got the promotion.

Just wanted to say that I empathize with your situation. Use the paid time off to your advantage :) Start working on wedding plans, and packing up your things! I'm probably going to be done with this job in early November, and I can't wait to have the time off to spend with my family and friends before my interview and POE :)

Ex27m5.png MbP5m4.png

VJsig.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

It's very upsetting to be a vital part of a company and then one day you're not. That said, I think your boss has given you a very nice gift. Like someone else said, there' s so much to do, both physically and emotionally. Much better to have time to say good byes than to fill your time so you don't have to feel what's going on. it's a bit life change. There are a lot of good-byes and it can be hard. Hang in there. It's just something you need to go through to get to the other side.

N-400

02/08/12 - Mailed N-400

02/14/12 - NOA

03/02/12 - Biometrics Letter

03/22/12 - Biometrics

04/09/12 - Interview Notice

05/16/12 - Interview and Oath - USC

ROC

11/16/10 - Mailed ROC

11/18/10 - Delivered to VSC

11/19/10 - NOA1

11/23/10 - Cheque cashed

12/29/10 - Biometrics

05/06/11 - ROC Approved

05/16/11 - Green card received. Yay! (6 months)

There's diamonds in the sidewalk, the gutters lined in song

Dear I hear that beer flows through the faucets all night long

There's treasure for the taking, for any hard working (wo)man

Who will make his home in the American Land

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.