flyboyof3

Getting Lagal

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

I have a son in law who is from Mexico. He has been here for over 15 years and is married to my daughter and they have 2 kids. During his process of trying to be legal he has been deported 2 times but has come back. He still wants to be legal but does not know what to do now? Does he still have a chance? is there any thing I can do for him on my end like sign papers vouching for him? What can I do???? I have known him for over 3 years now.

I'm not sure how many years is the bar for people who were deported. You might want to post this to the main forum and not Off-topic.

Good luck!

K1
05/22/12 - Mailed I-129F
08/17/12 - Approved I-129F NOA2 (85 days)
11/19/12 - Approved Visa!! (179 days)
12/01/12 - POE Honolulu, HI
12/21/12 - Wedding Day!
AOS, EAD and AP
01/05/13 - Mailed I-485, I-765 and I-131
01/09/13 - USCIS accepted case and received text
01/11/13 - Cashed check
01/08/13 - Received NOA1
01/18/13 - Received Biometrics Appointment Notice
01/22/13 - Early Biometrics Walk-in (scheduled Feb 7)
01/27/13 - We're pregnant!!
02/04/13 - Received Appointment Notice
03/04/13 - Approved EAD and AP (58 days)
03/12/13 - Received EAD and AP combo card
03/12/13 - Interview and Approved GC (63 days)
03/20/13 - Received Green Card

10/3/13 - Baby #1 arrived

2/17/14 - Pregnant again! LOL

10/20/14 - Baby #2 arrived
ROC
01/09/15 - Mailed I-751

01/12/15 - NOA

01/16/15 - Received NOA Letter

01/20/15 - Mailed DMV 1yr Extension

02/05/15 - Received Biometrics Letter

02/09/15 - Early Bio (Walk-IN)

02/19/15 - Biometrics Appointment

06/15/15 - Approved
06/15/15 - Card Ordered and Mailed

08/22/15 - Card Received

N-400 on or after 12/15/15

and they'll live happily ever, ever after...
Relationship Journey: Our pursuit to happiness

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

*** Moving from Off Topic to General Immigration ***

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: Other Timeline

I have a son in law who is from Mexico. He has been here for over 15 years and is married to my daughter and they have 2 kids. During his process of trying to be legal he has been deported 2 times but has come back. He still wants to be legal but does not know what to do now? Does he still have a chance? is there any thing I can do for him on my end like sign papers vouching for him? What can I do???? I have known him for over 3 years now.

Unlawful reentry (coming back illegally after a deportation for having entered illegally) is a very serious felony. It carries a 5-to-20 year sentence in a federal prison. The moment your son-in-law comes in contact with law enforcement and they have a closer look, he'll be going to the big house for a very, very long time. Redundant to state, he is ineligible for anything you can think of, even if there will ever be such a thing as a general amnesty as we had it back in 1986. As clear as I can say it: if he ever gets caught, he won't recognize his children anymore when he's done with his prison term and being shoved into the white ICE van. The very best thing he can do is to leave the U.S. as quickly as possible, with his wife and his kids, and build a life for himself and his family in Mexico.

Speaking of Mexico, there's nothing wrong with Mexico. I was in Merida earlier this year and it's lovely there, and I'll be in Cabo San Lucas over Christmas.

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism. When I refer to hyphenated Americans, I do not refer to naturalized Americans. Some of the very best Americans I have ever known were naturalized Americans, Americans born abroad. But a hyphenated American is not an American at all . . . . The one absolutely certain way of bringing this nation to ruin, of preventing all possibility of its continuing to be a nation at all, would be to permit it to become a tangle of squabbling nationalities, an intricate knot of German-Americans, Irish-Americans, English-Americans, French-Americans, Scandinavian-Americans or Italian-Americans, each preserving its separate nationality, each at heart feeling more sympathy with Europeans of that nationality, than with the other citizens of the American Republic . . . . There is no such thing as a hyphenated American who is a good American. The only man who is a good American is the man who is an American and nothing else.

President Teddy Roosevelt on Columbus Day 1915

Unlawful reentry (coming back illegally after a deportation for having entered illegally) is a very serious felony. It carries a 5-to-20 year sentence in a federal prison. The moment your son-in-law comes in contact with law enforcement and they have a closer look, he'll be going to the big house for a very, very long time. Redundant to state, he is ineligible for anything you can think of, even if there will ever be such a thing as a general amnesty as we had it back in 1986. As clear as I can say it: if he ever gets caught, he won't recognize his children anymore when he's done with his prison term and being shoved into the white ICE van. The very best thing he can do is to leave the U.S. as quickly as possible, with his wife and his kids, and build a life for himself and his family in Mexico.

Speaking of Mexico, there's nothing wrong with Mexico. I was in Merida earlier this year and it's lovely there, and I'll be in Cabo San Lucas over Christmas.

Why not provide a link to support your information instead of adding all the drama?

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

It's seems very unlikely. A well qualified immigration attorney would be a good source of information.

Attorney Laurel Scott has weekly online chat sessions that many VJ member recommend. Use Google to find her website.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

An alien who has been ordered removed from the United States is inadmissible for five years. An alien who has been ordered removed from the United States two or more times is inadmissible for 20 years. The only way around this is to seek a waiver of the ban and permission to apply for reentry by filing an I-212 waiver request. INA 212(a)(9)(A).

The I-212 instructions seem to imply that it's possible to submit the I-212 in order to seek advance permission to apply for reentry prior to leaving the United States for a visa interview at a US consulate. It's not really clear to me if this is the case, though. I wouldn't tackle an I-212 alone, in any case. A good immigration lawyer who specializes in these waivers is definitely called for here.

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.