JEC777

Out of options

36 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

If I had enough income and assets for my husband and I to live in my own country, my husband would have moved to be with me and would never had done the visa journey.but for now, we are waiting for husband's retirement while we'll work together to save money until his retirement so we can both go home to my country and live there for good.

as1cHr40g410000MTU3bHN8MDQ1MTAzNGx8c2luY2Ugd2UgbWV0IGluIG1hdGNo.gif

as1cJK60g410000MDAwMDEwN2x8MDE1NWxzfHNpbmNlIHdlIGZvdW5kIG91ciBsb3Zl.gif

event.png

as1cJYl0g410010MDAwNTQ2NnN8MDE1NnN8c2luY2Ugd2VkZGluZyBkYXk.gif

Thank you everyone for your replies, opinions and advice.

I think the move back to Montana is our best and only option. We can put Alaska on the back burner until another day, when we have more resources.

I appreciate what everyone has said about cost of living etc. Both my partner and myself have always had work, always lived by our means and this is the first time he has had any trouble finding work....though the situation he is in isn't surprising considering the limited amount of work available in Alaska and the state of the economy in the USA right now.

I'm sure a number of you find it hard to understand why I would choose to leave Australia where the wages are better and the economy is in great shape. But it is not where either of us want to live. The USA is where we belong. I don't know how many of you are nature lovers, but we are, and we thrive in the outdoors surrounded by nature and would shrivel up in the city. Sure, Australia has wide open spaces, but it doesn't have the mountains and forests and rivers that Alaska and Montana have.....and that is where we feel most alive. Neither of us care about money in the sense that we need the nice house, the nice car all the trimmings (trappings) of the so called good life. We have both been there done that and neither of us felt fulfilled or happy living that way of life. We yearn for the simple life, a roof over our heads, food on the table and the love of our family and friends....that is what is important to us. It is so ironic that we find ourselves in a position of having to prove to the Government that we can support ourselves based on the guidelines they set, when we know we are more than capable of living by our means. I have supported myself comfortably as a single parent for 5 years now living on a lot less than what they deem "sufficient"

Anyway, the job in Montana with his old boss will allow us to meet their requirements and we can get the paperwork done and get on with enjoying our lives together.

Thank you once again for your input.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Thank you everyone for your replies, opinions and advice.

I think the move back to Montana is our best and only option. We can put Alaska on the back burner until another day, when we have more resources.

I appreciate what everyone has said about cost of living etc. Both my partner and myself have always had work, always lived by our means and this is the first time he has had any trouble finding work....though the situation he is in isn't surprising considering the limited amount of work available in Alaska and the state of the economy in the USA right now.

I'm sure a number of you find it hard to understand why I would choose to leave Australia where the wages are better and the economy is in great shape. But it is not where either of us want to live. The USA is where we belong. I don't know how many of you are nature lovers, but we are, and we thrive in the outdoors surrounded by nature and would shrivel up in the city. Sure, Australia has wide open spaces, but it doesn't have the mountains and forests and rivers that Alaska and Montana have.....and that is where we feel most alive. Neither of us care about money in the sense that we need the nice house, the nice car all the trimmings (trappings) of the so called good life. We have both been there done that and neither of us felt fulfilled or happy living that way of life. We yearn for the simple life, a roof over our heads, food on the table and the love of our family and friends....that is what is important to us. It is so ironic that we find ourselves in a position of having to prove to the Government that we can support ourselves based on the guidelines they set, when we know we are more than capable of living by our means. I have supported myself comfortably as a single parent for 5 years now living on a lot less than what they deem "sufficient"

Anyway, the job in Montana with his old boss will allow us to meet their requirements and we can get the paperwork done and get on with enjoying our lives together.

Thank you once again for your input.

Get through the immigration processes and live where and how you both want to. Don't worry about how other people think you should live. It is your life together. Do what makes you happy. I hope returning to Montana and taking his old job back will allow you to get through the K-1 visa interview and finally be together. I wish you guys the best. :)

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Get through the immigration processes and live where and how you both want to. Don't worry about how other people think you should live. It is your life together. Do what makes you happy. I hope returning to Montana and taking his old job back will allow you to get through the K-1 visa interview and finally be together. I wish you guys the best. :)

Thanks Kay, I appreciate that!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.