Sahs

Photos and Date Stamps

15 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello to all you experienced K1 Journeymen,

My question has to do with someone that has a lot of electronic photographic evidence of a bona fide relationship, but without the date stamps on any pictures that were taken over almost two years... From the time we met, to the time we fell in love with each other, lived together in Europe, traveled to the Philippines together to meet her family and etc we have so many photos of our relationship with friends and family that it would be easy to show that we have a strong bona fide relationship. However, we didn't ever imagine planning to get married in the US and her obtaining a Visa as we were happy and content where we were in the Medi. Now we are on this journey together, her in the Philippines and me in the USA, and we have all these photos on both our computers, on Facebook and etc, but none with a date stamp on the actual photo...

Has anyone any experience with this issue and if so, can anyone point us in the right direction. I have read that it's as easy as printing the pictures, explaining where each picture was taken and the date and that would be accepted by the Embassy?

I look forward reading any advise on this matter.

All the very Best,

Frank

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

It's ALRIGHT good.gif

On the back of each picture you'll present, just write: date, place, names of those in the pic .......Problem solved

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Taiwan
Timeline

Don't you have additional evidence of the relationship as well? Phone records, airlines tickets of your travels together, boarding passes...etc, written letters or anything like that? Photographs are considered secondary evidence.

event.pngevent.png

Timeline

Don't you have additional evidence of the relationship as well? Phone records, airlines tickets of your travels together, boarding passes...etc, written letters or anything like that? Photographs are considered secondary evidence.

Hi Pieroot,

Yes, we have evidence, but under the circumstance the phones we had while living in the Medi were prepaid cell phone cards so no phone records. We were able to get the first two months of text messages when we first met from my iPhone, the invoice for our travels to and from the Philippines to meet her family, several affidavits from friends where we lived in Europe and from her family about our time together in the Philippines and etc. We even went as far as to take a picture of us together at our house in the Medi with a Newspaper front page (which was sent to the USCIS) to show that we met within the last two years. We also sent professional photos from when I proposed and a commercial invoice from the US (where the ring was purchased).

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline

i think some printing machine they have option where you select insert date the the machine is going to insert the exact date when each and every picture was taken, i had the same issue last february but when went to print the pictures in tokyo i saw a option where it said insert date stamp and my pictures come out with the date they were taken, if they are in a memory card am sure you can print them with the date stamped on it though you don't see a stamp when viewing it on your home computer or any other device.,,,good lucky.

you can send me on pics of any scenery not with faces you took during that period you want print the i will try to print with stamp date on it. if its successful i will help you. ......otherwise check with a technician on any photo shop near you..

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

It's ALRIGHT good.gif

On the back of each picture you'll present, just write: date, place, names of those in the pic .......Problem solved

Great solution! :thumbs:

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Timeline

i think some printing machine they have option where you select insert date the the machine is going to insert the exact date when each and every picture was taken, i had the same issue last february but when went to print the pictures in tokyo i saw a option where it said insert date stamp and my pictures come out with the date they were taken, if they are in a memory card am sure you can print them with the date stamped on it though you don't see a stamp when viewing it on your home computer or any other device.,,,good lucky.

you can send me on pics of any scenery not with faces you took during that period you want print the i will try to print with stamp date on it. if its successful i will help you. ......otherwise check with a technician on any photo shop near you..

That never even crossed my mind, Clive! I'll get with someone at a Photo Shop this weekend and see if there is an option to do just that. Cheers!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

but none with a date stamp on the actual photo...

Has anyone any experience with this issue and if so, can anyone point us in the right direction. I have read that it's as easy as printing the pictures, explaining where each picture was taken and the date and that would be accepted by the Embassy?

All the very Best,

Frank

Email me those photos and I'll use Photoshop to add any date you want to them......

....wait....if it's that easy to do, then the date stamp is virtually meaningless. !!! Get it?

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Our photos weren't date stamped. We just wrote the info on the back of the photo. We didn't have any problem with the U.S. Embassy Manila. You'll be fine.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: El Salvador
Timeline

There are programs (free!) that you can download that will date stamp your photos so you have it on there when you print it. If you took photos with a digital camera then it will just take the date from the file. Just do a search for free photo date stamp program. :thumbs:

Edited by Amy&Raul

K-1:
06-08-09: MET
11-29-11: I-129F SENT
12-08-11: NOA1
05-14-12: RFE
06-04-12: NOA2 -- APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
07-17-12: PACKET 3 RECEIVED VIA EMAIL
07-20-12: DS-156 SENT
07-31-12: PACKET 4 RECEIVED VIA EMAIL
08-27-12: MEDICAL EXAM
09-12-12: INTERVIEW!!!!!
09-12-12: 221g (MISSING 1 FORM)
09-17-12: DOCUMENT SENT
10-01-12: CALL FROM EMBASSY REQUESTING PASSPORT
10-01-12: PASSPORT SENT
10-30-12: EMAILED EMBASSY
11-05-12: EMAIL FROM EMBASSY VISA WILL BE READY 11-07-12!!!! (FINALLY!!!!)
11-08-12: VISA IN HAND!
11-10-12: ARRIVAL--POE DALLAS, TX
12-01-12: MARRIED biggrin.png

AOS:
01-31-13: SENT OUT AOS, EAD, AND AP APPLICATIONS
02-05-13: NOA1
03-13-13: BIOMETRICS
04-15-13: EAD/AP ARRIVES
04-25-13: INTERVIEW (PHOENIX) -- APPROVAL!!! kicking.gifbiggrin.pngdancin5hr.gif

ROC:

02-10-15: SENT OUT ROC APPLICATION

02-17-15: NOA1

03-19-15: BIOMETIRICS

09-04-15: NEW CARD IN PROCESS!! :dancing:

09-10-15: NOTIFICATION OF MAILING

09-12-15: CARD IN HAND

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Serbia
Timeline

Hello to all you experienced K1 Journeymen,

My question has to do with someone that has a lot of electronic photographic evidence of a bona fide relationship, but without the date stamps on any pictures that were taken over almost two years... From the time we met, to the time we fell in love with each other, lived together in Europe, traveled to the Philippines together to meet her family and etc we have so many photos of our relationship with friends and family that it would be easy to show that we have a strong bona fide relationship. However, we didn't ever imagine planning to get married in the US and her obtaining a Visa as we were happy and content where we were in the Medi. Now we are on this journey together, her in the Philippines and me in the USA, and we have all these photos on both our computers, on Facebook and etc, but none with a date stamp on the actual photo...

All the very Best,

Frank

We didn't have dates on any of our photos either, so just wrote the dates on the back of them. Bare in mind, photos are secondary evidence, so, if you have no other evidence to back them up with, that could be a probelm. But, if you have other evidence, such as boarding passes and passport stamps, then writing the date on the back of the photo yourself is more than OK.

We just wrote the dates on the back of the photos. We had receipts of those events anyway. Pictures are secondary proof of evidence. I used pictures to tell the story of how we physically met in person. If you can establish that more than likely you met with your fiance in person using pictures, boarding passes, stamps, etc, you are good to go. :thumbs:

1/18/2013 - Married

3/5/2013 - Filed AOS, EAD & AP

3/7/2013 - USCIS Chicago rec'd applications

3/12/2013 - USCIS sends NOA1 email

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.