Diana&Rusty

RFE situation

15 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

Hello to everyone,

Just wanted to share with you all some of it is happening with our case, we checked the status of K1 petition last week at USCIS web, and saw that we got a RFE. The RFE hardcopy was sent on September 13th but my fiance has not gotten yet, it is been more than a weeek already, does the mail take that long in USA :( ?. We don't know what this RFE is about, the only thing that comes to our mind is that my fiance changed jobs after he submited complete file back in April, he changed jobs in July, does anyone else have the same situation? Changing jobs would be a cause for a RFE?

we are now very saddened for more waiting ... it is been a long time already... and even had a lawyer to review all documents before there were sent. But he only keeps saying .. "wait and wait"

Please if anyone else have been or know anything about this, please let us know.

thanks in advance, good luch to all of you!

It can. If you don't get it by mid-week, call USCIS.

OUR TIMELINE

I am the USC, husband is adjusting from B2.

ADJUSTMENT OF STATUS

08.06.2010 - Sent off I-485
08.25.2010 - NOA hard copies received (x4), case status available online: 765, 131, 130.
10.15.2010 - RFE received: need 2 additional photos for AP.
10.18.2010 - RFE response sent certified mail
10.21.2010 - Service request placed for biometrics
10.25.2010 - RFE received per USCIS
10.26.2010 - Text/email received - AP approved!
10.28.2010 - Biometrics appointment received, dated 10/22 - set for 11/19 @ 3:00 PM
11.01.2010 - Successful biometrics walk-in @ 9:45 AM; EAD card sent for production text/email @ 2:47 PM! I-485 case status now available online.
11.04.2010 - Text/Email (2nd) - EAD card sent for production
11.08.2010 - Text/Email (3rd) - EAD approved
11.10.2010 - EAD received
12.11.2010 - Interview letter received - 01.13.11
01.13.2011 - Interview - no decision on the spot
01.24.2011 - Approved! Card production ordered!

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

11.02.2012 - Mailed I-751 packet to VSC
11.08.2012 - Checks cashed
11.10.2012 - NOA1 received, dated 11.06.2012
11.17.2012 - Biometrics letter received for 12.05.2012
11.23.2012 - Successful early biometrics walk-in

05.03.2013 - Approved! Card production ordered!

CITIZENSHIP

Filing in November 2013

If you are filing a k-1 visa then I doubt it is because if a job change. The good news is that if you have an rfe then they are at least working on your case. Best of luck to you both.

Our Journey
6/13/2012 Sent I-129F package
6/14/2012 NOA1 --> California Service Center
9/25/2012 NOA2
10/01/2012 NOA2 Hardcopy received
10/01/2012 NVC Received
10/19/2012 Left NVC
11/30/2012 Picked-up Packet from Local Post Office
01/16/2013 Medical
01/23/2013 Interview - In AP

09/24/2013 Visa picked-up from DOMEX
10/10/2013 POE Ft. Lauderdale

10/28/2013 Applied for Social Security Number

01/01/2014 WEDDING IN LAS VEGAS

heart_28.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline

The wait is frustrating.we are doing the AOS.got a RFE online on sept 11 and the hard copy on sept 16.the mail should reach ya in 28 days(i think).i knew what my RFE was going to be for(i did not submit the I-693 with the petition,the attorney screwed us for that)and i got a good 2 months to reply to the notice.i am pretty sure they will give you plenty of time to reply but yeah,the notice will put a hold on the both I-485 and I-751.i did my medical and the biometrics in this week and will be sending the sealed I-693 by tuesday and than will join the wait club again.i am confident that i will be done with the whole AOS procedure by Feb 2013.good luck to you , do not lose hope and be positive.after all immigration is a privilege not a right.wait is what we can all do.god bless

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

If you are filing a k-1 visa then I doubt it is because if a job change. The good news is that if you have an rfe then they are at least working on your case. Best of luck to you both.

I agree with this: Not because of a job change. USCIS probably don't even know about a job change and the job change could mean a better job as well. Even if it is not a better job. I doubt this is the reason for the RFE. You will have to what it is. Most likely simple. And answer the RFE know matter what it is. And yes, I also agree that it can be positive meaning there looking at your case. So relax... Think.. WOW.. There looking at our File..

TIM/MAV K1-JOURNEY
3/27/2007....We first met on myspace
1/30/10 ......My Honey proposed
8/15/10 ......He visit Philippines(2wks) & met my family
12/17/10 ....USCIS received the Filed I-129F for K1-visa
12/21/10 ....Received hard copy,NOA1
5/25/11.......Received RFE
6/09/11.......NOA2 approved
12/07/11.....Visa fee paid at BPI

6/11/13.......2nd visa fee payment
7/10-11/13.. Medical Exam completed@St.Lukes Clinic
1/15-16/14.. 2nd Medical exam updated
1/21/14...... k1 interview-Visa Approved
8/29/14...... Submitted AOS application
10/03/14.....Biometrics
01/07/15.....Received my EAD card

01/31/15..... I got my SSN from the mail

04/20/15......AOS Interview - Approved :star:

4/24/15 .......Got the Driving Permit Card

4/30/15 .......Green Card Received :) (Exp.4/20/17)

http://youtu.be/BVf45EcdFwQ

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Are you talking about the K1, or about AOS after marriage?

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Timeline

Are you talking about the K1, or about AOS after marriage?

Hi, yes I think I confuse you by starting my topic under that room of green card. I am sorry I was not sure how to post.

but yes, I am talking about K1 visa, I am in Peru and my fiance is on Colorado. He applied for K1 on April 4th.

\

Thanks for reply and you are right, at least they worked soome in our case.

thank!

Timeline

The wait is frustrating.we are doing the AOS.got a RFE online on sept 11 and the hard copy on sept 16.the mail should reach ya in 28 days(i think).i knew what my RFE was going to be for(i did not submit the I-693 with the petition,the attorney screwed us for that)and i got a good 2 months to reply to the notice.i am pretty sure they will give you plenty of time to reply but yeah,the notice will put a hold on the both I-485 and I-751.i did my medical and the biometrics in this week and will be sending the sealed I-693 by tuesday and than will join the wait club again.i am confident that i will be done with the whole AOS procedure by Feb 2013.good luck to you , do not lose hope and be positive.after all immigration is a privilege not a right.wait is what we can all do.god bless

yeah it seems that attorneys are not much help after all, my fiance decided to hire one in our case in order to avoid delays and get good guidance, but it seems that he did not do good job by reviewing documents before submitting them, otherwise we would not have gotten an RFE :(

Good luck for you too! Thanks

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

yeah it seems that attorneys are not much help after all, my fiance decided to hire one in our case in order to avoid delays and get good guidance, but it seems that he did not do good job by reviewing documents before submitting them, otherwise we would not have gotten an RFE :(

Good luck for you too! Thanks

If you're not afraid of the paperwork, then wait until you receive NOA2, make sure to either get a copy of it from lawyer or the original and then do the rest of the process yourself if it's a straight forward case.

Good luck on your journey - it's the last time in this process you'll be apart from each other gathering documents.

K1 process, October 2010 > POE, July 2011

I-129F approved in 180 days from NOA1 date. (195 days from filing to NOA2 in hand)

Interview took 224 days from I-129F NOA1 date. (241 days from filing petition until visa in hand)

From filing I-129F petition until POE: 285 days

Click timeline or "about me" for all details.

AOS process, December 2011 > July 2012

EAD/AP Approval took 51 days from NOA1 date to email update. (77 days from filing until EAD/AP in hand)

AOS Approval took 206 days from NOA1 date to email update. (231 days from filing until greencard in hand)

From filing I-129F petition until greencard in hand: 655 days

Click timeline or "about me" for all details.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

**** Moving from AOS to K1 forum as OP is not at AOS stage yet ****

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Good luck with your process and using an attorney.

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

I agree with this: Not because of a job change. USCIS probably don't even know about a job change and the job change could mean a better job as well. Even if it is not a better job. I doubt this is the reason for the RFE. You will have to what it is. Most likely simple. And answer the RFE know matter what it is. And yes, I also agree that it can be positive meaning there looking at your case. So relax... Think.. WOW.. There looking at our File..

Very right :thumbs: Stay positive!

"Last night I looked up at the stars and matched each one with a reason why I love you. I was doing great until I ran out of stars."-- by Kelsi

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

RFE are nerve racking, I know how you feel, I got on, it was for my divorce papers I had copied, the judge had signed the papers in colored ink, my black and white copier did not pick up the signature. Hope yours is just as easy. Always use a color copier when making copy’s.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.