habibi11

Embassy in Tunisa

24 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Just want to point out that the US had supported dictators for decades who infringed upon free speech of its citizens. Yes, our foreign policy has switched a great deal in the recent past and even more since 2008 but remember there is a long history here.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Oh well , they knew where to hit, embassy ... I would be surprised if we see any visas approved from those countries now... I am sure there are tons of good people out there but as long as these governments are not going to handle murderers within their borders , that's the way to go...

I think that line might be misinterpreted and scare a few people.. This should not cause more denials. There will be some delays... probably a few days or at worst a few weeks in some countries. One or two may get delayed until after the election.. This assumes of course the damage done to the buildings doesn't require extensive repair for them to reopen or they are judged to be unsafe and need modifications...

I don't believe it.. Prove it to me and I still won't believe it. -Ford Prefect

Perhaps it won't cause more denials. But I would think it is going to create a lot more and longer in depth scrutiny of anyone trying to get to the USA from any of the places where rioting is happening. That's not said to scare anyone, that's only common sense. Given the reports out the UK and European countries, such as the copy and paste from the daily Mail below, I would think embassy officials will be taking a very cautious approach.

"The terrorist network has urged Muslims around the world to step up their protests and kill more diplomats in Islamic countries. Praising the attacks by angry demonstrators in Libya, Egypt, Yemen and Sudan on U.S. and other Western missions as 'natural responses to a huge insult', the statement said that American embassies should be burned and diplomats killed.

It said defending the Prophet's honor was a 'religious duty and obligation to the Muslim nation, each according to his ability'.

The group also said that Muslims living in the West have an extra duty to be involved in attacks on key targets.

'They are more capable of doing harm and reaching the enemy is easier for them,' it said"

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2203944/Muslim-video-protests-U-S-pulls-embassy-staff-Tunisia-Sudan.html

I can explain it to you. But I can't understand it for you.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Perhaps it won't cause more denials. But I would think it is going to create a lot more and longer in depth scrutiny of anyone trying to get to the USA from any of the places where rioting is happening. That's not said to scare anyone, that's only common sense. Given the reports out the UK and European countries, such as the copy and paste from the daily Mail below, I would think embassy officials will be taking a very cautious approach.

"The terrorist network has urged Muslims around the world to step up their protests and kill more diplomats in Islamic countries. Praising the attacks by angry demonstrators in Libya, Egypt, Yemen and Sudan on U.S. and other Western missions as 'natural responses to a huge insult', the statement said that American embassies should be burned and diplomats killed.

It said defending the Prophet's honor was a 'religious duty and obligation to the Muslim nation, each according to his ability'.

The group also said that Muslims living in the West have an extra duty to be involved in attacks on key targets.

'They are more capable of doing harm and reaching the enemy is easier for them,' it said"

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2203944/Muslim-video-protests-U-S-pulls-embassy-staff-Tunisia-Sudan.html

WOW!! messed up :(

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

The attacks on our embassies had nothing to do with that video. Al Qaeda used the video as an escuse. These attacks were well planned out. Just a few days before the attacks, one of al qaeda's members put out a video asking muslims to retaliate and avenge the death of his brother, another al qaeda operative. The video that everyone is talking about was posted back in January. It is now September. If they are so hurt about this film, then why did they wait over 8 months to start complaining? I believe it was our "leaders" who started this one. All the bragging about killing osama bin laden has come back to bite the president in the butt. If that is not the case, then why were all the muslims who were climbing the walls of our embassies, and burning our flag, chanting, "WE ARE ALL OSAMAS, OBAMA..WE ARE ALL OSAMAS, OBAMA..." repeating over and over?? Don't get me wrong. I am NOT saying that the people of theses countries are all like that. Im just saying that they were stirred up by al qaeda. But one thing should always be remembered..AMERICA IS A FREE NATION..IF A MUSLIM WANTS TO COME TO AMERICA AND TRASH TALK CHRISTIANS,LIKE MYSELF, THEN THAT IS THEIR RIGHT OF FREE SPEECH..YOU DONT SEE REAL CHRISTIANS BURNING THE FLAG OF ILSAM AND KILLING MUSLIM PEOPLE BECAUSE THEY DONT AGREE WITH US... With all that said, I do seriously hope that anyone with interviews ,at any one of these embassies, is taken care of and not punished by the results of the attacks. May God be with you all.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Tunisia
Timeline

The attacks on our embassies had nothing to do with that video. Al Qaeda used the video as an escuse. These attacks were well planned out. Just a few days before the attacks, one of al qaeda's members put out a video asking muslims to retaliate and avenge the death of his brother, another al qaeda operative. The video that everyone is talking about was posted back in January. It is now September. If they are so hurt about this film, then why did they wait over 8 months to start complaining? I believe it was our "leaders" who started this one. All the bragging about killing osama bin laden has come back to bite the president in the butt. If that is not the case, then why were all the muslims who were climbing the walls of our embassies, and burning our flag, chanting, "WE ARE ALL OSAMAS, OBAMA..WE ARE ALL OSAMAS, OBAMA..." repeating over and over?? Don't get me wrong. I am NOT saying that the people of theses countries are all like that. Im just saying that they were stirred up by al qaeda. But one thing should always be remembered..AMERICA IS A FREE NATION..IF A MUSLIM WANTS TO COME TO AMERICA AND TRASH TALK CHRISTIANS,LIKE MYSELF, THEN THAT IS THEIR RIGHT OF FREE SPEECH..YOU DONT SEE REAL CHRISTIANS BURNING THE FLAG OF ILSAM AND KILLING MUSLIM PEOPLE BECAUSE THEY DONT AGREE WITH US... With all that said, I do seriously hope that anyone with interviews ,at any one of these embassies, is taken care of and not punished by the results of the attacks. May God be with you all.

:thumbs:

Filed: Timeline

Absolutely! Drives me nuts when people who have no respect for other's life, expect respect for their religion... And btw there are tons of movies ( form of an art like comedy, just to be clear) that laughs at other religions , yet I haven't heard of Catholics or Buddists going around embassies and killing the ambassadors only because they represent the countries the movies / comedies were made in ...

That's because you don't have a religion imagine I would make movie about your mom or dad how would you feel about that. I am not approving the barbarian attacks at the embassies nor mocking other people's religion. So if it is okay to have movies to mock your so-called religion sorry we don't approve that.

Absolutely! Drives me nuts when people who have no respect for other's life, expect respect for their religion... And btw there are tons of movies ( form of an art like comedy, just to be clear) that laughs at other religions , yet I haven't heard of Catholics or Buddists going around embassies and killing the ambassadors only because they represent the countries the movies / comedies were made in ...

That's because you don't have a religion imagine I would make movie about your mom or dad how would you feel about that. I am not approving the barbarian attacks at the embassies nor mocking other people's religion. So if it is okay to have movies to mock your so-called religion sorry we don't approve that.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Folks, a thread in an upper forum is not the place for hot political arguments. Please visit the "Politics & Religion" forum for debates like that. I think that the OP's objective question has been answered.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Thank you TBone TX. He is absolutely correct. This post was moved to the Embassy forum as it involved a concern about potential delays due to the recent upheaval at the Consulate - it was not meant to turn into a political or religious debate. Since the OP has received as much of an answer as members on VJ are able to give and the thread has veered off topic and deteriorated I am closing it to further discussion. Any continuation of this topic needs to be held in the Politics and Religion forum - and there are already be threads started on this subject matter.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.