47 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

So finally after 8 months my wife's green card arrives in the mail and USCIS has decided that she is a man. Her sex is listed as M.

She's leaving for Australia on business Monday so I'm going to send her with her EAD/AP card along with her Greencard. Hopefully they will let him, er uh...her re-enter when she gets back.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Amazing, took them 8 months to process and they still managed to di@k the card up! Hopefully she does not experience any problems during her travels caused by their error! :blush:

Edited by Robby999

Education is what you get from reading the small print. Experience is what you get from not reading it.

The Liberal mind is where logic goes to die!

Timeline

:wow: Here I go giving you guys some belated gambeis, and now USCIS is trying to cause her grief..... I hope that she doesn't suffer any adverse consequences on her upcoming business travel as a result of the mis-deeds of "The Gang That Couldn't Shoot Straight." :yes:

Operator, on a lighter side:

Your message made me think about an old song by the Kinks called "Lola." :rofl:

(No offense intended...) :blush:

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Operator, on a lighter side:

Your message made me think about an old song by the Kinks called "Lola." :rofl:

(No offense intended...) :blush:

Ha! Now I am hearing that song in my head :lol:

OP> You will need to file the I-90 to get it fixed. There will be no charge since it was their mistake. If she was not leaving Monday, I would say to make an infopass and get the I-551 stamp in her passport to act as her temp green card while you are waiting for the corrected one to arrive. If she doesn't have a morning flight, you might want to try a walk-in for that first thing Mon. morning.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Ha! Now I am hearing that song in my head :lol:

OP> You will need to file the I-90 to get it fixed. There will be no charge since it was their mistake. If she was not leaving Monday, I would say to make an infopass and get the I-551 stamp in her passport to act as her temp green card while you are waiting for the corrected one to arrive. If she doesn't have a morning flight, you might want to try a walk-in for that first thing Mon. morning.

The office is on the way to the airport but she has an early flight. She has her welcome letter and EAD/AP card with the correct A# (even has the same picture) so hopefully they won't give her to difficult a time. I'll be surprised if anyone even notices.

I'll call a CSR Monday morning and get it on the record that they made a mistake.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

You could also print out a copy of the I-90 to show you will be filing for a correction on her return - plus, if you still have the envelope in which it came she could also bring that showing how recently it arrived so she was not able to get theI-551 stamp. She shouldn't have any problems but it is good to be prepared,

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Timeline

O- Just did our I90 also for wrong start date after two phone calls and two info pass appointments. Good Luck. We did get an acknowledgement and got a 6 month I551 stamp in her passport. Congratulations on man love.

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

lol. my thoughts when I saw the title too!

I was like, how can you get married and not notice the stuff between the legs :P

The angle of the dangle is inversely proportional to the heat of the meat.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.