goldamaire

filing for petition for recognition of divorce decree

36 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi! Need help.. can anyone recommend me a good lawyer for petition for recognition for divorce decree who can do its as fastest and as lower price. And where I should file the petition, is it in the place of marriage or anywhere in metro manila..

I am divorce in japan with my previous husband and I have all the divorce paper in me.i have my American fiancé now and he filed the petition for k1 and its approved, I got my noa2, but my interview in usem is on October 4, im afraid that the CO might deny me coz I don’t have the annotated MC. Anyone who goes through with this process and pass the interview and CFO without having the annotated marriage contract?

All help will be highly appreciated.. thank you in advance..

I'm surprised that you didn't get it annotated 1st before you filed the petition. Anyways, good luck!

K1
05/22/12 - Mailed I-129F
08/17/12 - Approved I-129F NOA2 (85 days)
11/19/12 - Approved Visa!! (179 days)
12/01/12 - POE Honolulu, HI
12/21/12 - Wedding Day!
AOS, EAD and AP
01/05/13 - Mailed I-485, I-765 and I-131
01/09/13 - USCIS accepted case and received text
01/11/13 - Cashed check
01/08/13 - Received NOA1
01/18/13 - Received Biometrics Appointment Notice
01/22/13 - Early Biometrics Walk-in (scheduled Feb 7)
01/27/13 - We're pregnant!!
02/04/13 - Received Appointment Notice
03/04/13 - Approved EAD and AP (58 days)
03/12/13 - Received EAD and AP combo card
03/12/13 - Interview and Approved GC (63 days)
03/20/13 - Received Green Card

10/3/13 - Baby #1 arrived

2/17/14 - Pregnant again! LOL

10/20/14 - Baby #2 arrived
ROC
01/09/15 - Mailed I-751

01/12/15 - NOA

01/16/15 - Received NOA Letter

01/20/15 - Mailed DMV 1yr Extension

02/05/15 - Received Biometrics Letter

02/09/15 - Early Bio (Walk-IN)

02/19/15 - Biometrics Appointment

06/15/15 - Approved
06/15/15 - Card Ordered and Mailed

08/22/15 - Card Received

N-400 on or after 12/15/15

and they'll live happily ever, ever after...
Relationship Journey: Our pursuit to happiness

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hi! Need help.. can anyone recommend me a good lawyer for petition for recognition for divorce decree who can do its as fastest and as lower price. And where I should file the petition, is it in the place of marriage or anywhere in metro manila..

I am divorce in japan with my previous husband and I have all the divorce paper in me.i have my American fiancé now and he filed the petition for k1 and its approved, I got my noa2, but my interview in usem is on October 4, im afraid that the CO might deny me coz I don't have the annotated MC. Anyone who goes through with this process and pass the interview and CFO without having the annotated marriage contract?

Was there name change with MC? If so, is the maiden name listed on divorce record? In this case you should not need MC. But if your name was change on MC and divorce shows divorce to new name, you would need MC to show name change. In this case, get on internet to find lawyer near your marriage and have them get you public record.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

*** Moving from K1 to Philippines regional forum as question is not directly K1 related, but about Philippines law. ****

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Timeline

I am divorce in japan with my previous husband and I have all the divorce paper in me.i have my American fiancé now and he filed the petition for k1 and its approved, I got my noa2, but my interview in usem is on October 4, im afraid that the CO might deny me coz I don’t have the annotated MC. Anyone who goes through with this process and pass the interview and CFO without having the annotated marriage contract?

Where are you located sister? You need to register first the divorce decree with the Local Civil Registrar of Manila. All divorce decree should be registered first in the LCR of Manila before filing a judicial recognition of divorce decree in court. You can file the recognition where you reside.

Interesting case...

1. Where did you get married? Was it in 'Pinas, or was it in Japan?

2. Who filed for divorce? Was it you, or was it your ex?

3. Is your current legal name different from your maiden name? Did you ever use your husband's last name?

4. Do you have a recent CENOMAR/CEMAR? If so, what does it say?

My opinion is that you won't have a problem with your Embassy interview because you have your papers showing that you are divorced.

However, you potentially could run into a problem with the CFO. If you can't get a CFO sticker, you won't be allowed to board a flight from 'Pinas to the U.S.

Where did you get married? Japan or Philippines? If your married in Japan did you register your marriage here in the PI?

please elaborate or give us more info so we can understand and can help.

Our Time Line
---------------------------
CR-1/CR-2
---------------------------

USCIS Stage: (13 DAYS)
Apr 15, 2012 - Filed I-130 ($420 x2)
Apr 19, 2012 - NOA-1
May 2, 2012 - NOA-2

NVC STAGE: (56 DAYS)
05/21/12 - Case finally entered into NVC system
05/25/12 - Received case #, IIN, and BIN, gave e-mail addresses, sent optin e-mail
05/25/12 - Received info package and AOS bill e-mails from NVC
05/25/12 - AOS bill invoiced & paid ($88)
05/29/12 - AOS bill appears as PAID
06/01/12 - IV Bill Invoiced & PAID ($230 x2)
06/04/12 - IV Bill Shows PAID
06/15/12 - AOS & IV Packages sent
07/02/12 - RFE email received
07/06/12 - Sent NSO copy of MC and BC
07/16/12 - Case Complete (2nd Wedding Anniversary)
08/01/12 - Interview Date Assigned -->>>>(Sept.5, 2012@ 6:15am)

Medical/CFO / Consulate / POE:
08/29/2012-------- Medical Exam: PASSED
08/30/2012 ---------Advance CFO @SMEF-COW
09/05/2012-------- Interview: VISA APPROVED!!!!

09/11/2012 ------- VISA RECEIVED!
10/02/2012 -------- POE = Honolulu, Hawaii
Welcome to Hawaii

10/18/2012 - received 10yr. GC & SSN#

Where are you located sister? You need to register first the divorce decree with the Local Civil Registrar of Manila. All divorce decree should be registered first in the LCR of Manila before filing a judicial recognition of divorce decree in court. You can file the recognition where you reside.

Excellent advice and information. The USEM is only concerned with official documentation and, in this case, the CENOMAR. Having copies of your divorce papers is nice, but they are like having a copy of the "National Enquirer" magazine. They both make good reading but hold not official value to the USCIS or USEM. Just my educated opinion.

Sid

Excellent advice and information. The USEM is only concerned with official documentation and, in this case, the CENOMAR. Having copies of your divorce papers is nice, but they are like having a copy of the "National Enquirer" magazine. They both make good reading but hold not official value to the USCIS or USEM. Just my educated opinion.

Sid

Without her submitting her divorce papers to the USCIS, the OP's petitioner would not get the petition approved. Without submitting the divorce papers at her Embassy interview, she will not get a visa. Without submitting her divorce papers to the CFO, it's unlikely she'll receive a CFO stamp that allows her to board a flight to the U.S. St. Lukes may even ask her for her divorce papers.

It doesn't get more "official" than that!

Timeline

yeah coz i read someone here who goes through the same process and got visa approved so we gave it a try and the USCIS approved the I-129f petition where we submitted my japan divorce cert,

but as the interview dates get nearer were having to much worry about it. so im still hoping and praying that they will accept my divorce cert and be satisfied for all the documents i have, but if not we dont have any choice but filing it for petition for recognition which maybe will take lots of time..

thanks for response..

I'm surprised that you didn't get it annotated 1st before you filed the petition. Anyways, good luck!

there is no change name in the MC and YES my maiden name is listed on the divorce cert but shows also my name using the surname of the ex husband

Was there name change with MC? If so, is the maiden name listed on divorce record? In this case you should not need MC. But if your name was change on MC and divorce shows divorce to new name, you would need MC to show name change. In this case, get on internet to find lawyer near your marriage and have them get you public record.

i am located here in manila, do i have to file for petition for recognition even if i dont have plan of re marrying here in philippines. as i read filipinos who got divorced by foreign spouse can re marry (philippine law). and need to file it for recognition for divorce decree if i have plan of getting married here in phil. but i am still looking and finding lawyer to answer all my questions and to start the process even tho my interview is on oct 4 at USEM.. but still hoping to pass for the interview.

thank u soo much for the details..

i got married here in Pinas but got divorced in japan

the japanese filed the divorce

im still using my maiden name to all my documents and ID'S but as in my passport is the surname of the japanese ex which is i am still using now. yes my case is really confusing haha..

i have my recent CEMAR and im still married to my ex coz i havent filed for petiton for recognition to have an annotated MC.

MY QUESTION IS, why the USCIS approved the I-129f petition if i will going to have a problem in the USEM for that annotated MC or the divorce will be enough for them to approved my visa

my thinking was maybe ur right i might not have a problem in my interview, but in the CFO.. (problem again) hehe

well thank u for ur response, keep om commenting.. all the help will be highly appreciated..

Interesting case...

1. Where did you get married? Was it in 'Pinas, or was it in Japan?

2. Who filed for divorce? Was it you, or was it your ex?

3. Is your current legal name different from your maiden name? Did you ever use your husband's last name?

4. Do you have a recent CENOMAR/CEMAR? If so, what does it say?

My opinion is that you won't have a problem with your Embassy interview because you have your papers showing that you are divorced.

However, you potentially could run into a problem with the CFO. If you can't get a CFO sticker, you won't be allowed to board a flight from 'Pinas to the U.S.

i got married here in pilippines but divorce in japan.. didn't file for petition for recognition to have my divorce recognize in phil yet but my K1 is in the process now and interview date is on Oct 4.. and thats what im worried for

Where did you get married? Japan or Philippines? If your married in Japan did you register your marriage here in the PI?

please elaborate or give us more info so we can understand and can help.

my Fiance submitted my divorce cert to the USCIS and the petition got approved. i got my NOA2 and interview date will be on Oct 4.

i have my divorce cert in me from japan translated into english and divorce cert from japanese emabassy manila...

St, Lukes didnt asked for my divorce cert when i had my medical.. Yeah im also worried for the CFO

Without her submitting her divorce papers to the USCIS, the OP's petitioner would not get the petition approved. Without submitting the divorce papers at her Embassy interview, she will not get a visa. Without submitting her divorce papers to the CFO, it's unlikely she'll receive a CFO stamp that allows her to board a flight to the U.S. St. Lukes may even ask her for her divorce papers.

It doesn't get more "official" than that!

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

thanks for all your response.. i had my interview today and i passed. thanks GOD. the FO and CO just asked for my divorce papers from japan and japan embassy manila. interview just took me less than 5mins. i did filed for petition for divorce here in philippines but they didnt even asked to look for it or for a copy.. thank you all sooo much

• 5 months later...
1349355374[/url]' post='5734606']

thanks for all your response.. i had my interview today and i passed. thanks GOD. the FO and CO just asked for my divorce papers from japan and japan embassy manila. interview just took me less than 5mins. i did filed for petition for divorce here in philippines but they didnt even asked to look for it or for a copy.. thank you all sooo much

Just wanna ask bout ur cfo sticker.. How did it go?I am of the same situation like you... But i was divorced in the US

Just wanna ask bout ur cfo sticker.. How did it go?I am of the same situation like you... But i was divorced in the US

I'm also wondering what happened at the CFO. However, the original poster hasn't logged into VJ for almost a year and a half.

...half a year.

Thanks for the correction, Hank. :thumbs:

I wonder if the OP is still working on getting her foreign divorce judicially recognized.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.