goldamaire

filing for petition for recognition of divorce decree

36 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi everyone! Need some help please!

Im already divorced to my ex-Japanese husband..we vott married in Japan and after 2years, got divorced in Japan while im here in the Phil... now i have an American bf in the US and wanted to petition me as fiancee visa..do i need to file my judicial recognition for my divorced in Japan first before applying for fiancee visa?

Its a lot of money to take and cost a lot of time too and we dont have that right now.. and besides we plan to get married in the US and NOT here in the Phil..is it possible to get fiancee visa even if i didn't file for judicial recognition? And what are those things needed to show or pass to US embassy in Manila? And how long it will take the processing until you can have your fiancee visa..?

One more thing, i just found out that my ex-husband didn't bring our divorced to Philippine embassy in tokyo to be reported and have authentication...he send me our divorced certificate right away after he got from city hall in Japan where we got married and where our divorced filed.. is it a problem later on that our divorced certificate has no athentication of Phil embassy in tokyo? Is it required to file for judicial recognition later? And is it possible to get an authentication at the DFA in Manila or Japan embassy in Manila? I really dont know what to do..

Your reply will be very much appreciated...please help me! Thank you so much in advnce!

Im already divorced to my ex-Japanese husband..we vott married in Japan and after 2years, got divorced in Japan while im here in the Phil... now i have an American bf in the US and wanted to petition me as fiancee visa..do i need to file my judicial recognition for my divorced in Japan first before applying for fiancee visa?

Its a lot of money to take and cost a lot of time too and we dont have that right now.. and besides we plan to get married in the US and NOT here in the Phil..is it possible to get fiancee visa even if i didn't file for judicial recognition? And what are those things needed to show or pass to US embassy in Manila? And how long it will take the processing until you can have your fiancee visa..?

One more thing, i just found out that my ex-husband didn't bring our divorced to Philippine embassy in tokyo to be reported and have authentication...he send me our divorced certificate right away after he got from city hall in Japan where we got married and where our divorced filed.. is it a problem later on that our divorced certificate has no athentication of Phil embassy in tokyo? Is it required to file for judicial recognition later? And is it possible to get an authentication at the DFA in Manila or Japan embassy in Manila? I really dont know what to do..

Your reply will be very much appreciated...please help me! Thank you so much in advnce!

Filed: Country: Japan
Timeline

he send me our divorced certificate right away after he got from city hall in Japan where we got married and where our divorced filed..

One problem already:

It appears that you got a kyougi rikon (aka mutual-consent/ward-office divorce). AFAIK, those may not be registered for recognition in RP because they are administrative, not judicial.

Filed: Timeline

What does it mean AFAIK? Judicial recognition is only for what type of divorced obtained from abroad? And even if will file for judicial recognition, does it mean the court will not grant me to have my singleness back?

It really stressing me this thing... thanks for all your advice and comments... very helpful..

Filed: Country: Japan
Timeline

What does it mean AFAIK?

As Far As I Know

Judicial recognition is only for what type of divorced obtained from abroad? And even if will file for judicial recognition, does it mean the court will not grant me to have my singleness back?

There are 4 types of japanese divorce. Kyougi rikon is the simplest type, can be done in less than an hour and doesn't require both parties present as long as both consent and have signed the application. It is purely an administrative matter and does not involve a judicial decree, which is why RP does not recognize it.

The other three types are choutei rikon (mine was choutei, mediated with judicial approval), shinpan rikon and saiban rikon. These will all result in a judicial decree, signed off on by a judge and hence eligible for RP recognition if initiated by the foreigner.

If you indeed had a kyougi rikon you will probably have to pursue a RP annullment.

Edited by dvc

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.