Wakey86

COULDA,SHOULDA,WOULDA

36 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline

Who here feels like they could have done things differently if they knew all about the Visa Journey earlier? My husband and I got married in Feb 2012 & filed the I-130 in July...then we got to learn that there was something like a K1 visa which could have been less of a hustle!!!! But oh well,we're already married. It's not like we can be unmarried then file for a K1 then re-marry,you know? Anyway, I guess there's a reason for everything. But if we knew about the K1 visa...... Meanwhile we're waiting for the NOA2.

04EPel7.jpg04EPp3.png

xU4Op3.png

Timeline

The fortunate ones discover Visajourney.com website before they start the process. I am glad I found out before I applied. Hang in there. Because there are advantages to getting married and filing too.

Thanks for the encouragement Mr Smiley...it gives my hubby and I hope because we know a lot of people here have gone through what we're experiencing... and so we continue to play the waiting game :whistle:

04EPel7.jpg04EPp3.png

xU4Op3.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Welcome to VJ. Hang in there...regardless of what visa you chose, you'd still be 'waiting'. I wish you a speedy and smooth process! Stay blessed.

Men are like stars ~ there are a million of them, but only ONE can make your dreams come true. I found my STAR...

event.png

~K E N Y A~

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Who here feels like they could have done things differently if they knew all about the Visa Journey earlier? My husband and I got married in Feb 2012 & filed the I-130 in July...then we got to learn that there was something like a K1 visa which could have been less of a hustle!!!! But oh well,we're already married. It's not like we can be unmarried then file for a K1 then re-marry,you know? Anyway, I guess there's a reason for everything. But if we knew about the K1 visa...... Meanwhile we're waiting for the NOA2.

Since you're coming from Kenya, the spouse visa path was a far better choice than trying a K1.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Welcome to the world of VJ. And still lots to learn before you r journey is over you can be gearing up fpr the NVC process thats next.

But Hmmm thats interesting. Most come back and say the married path. I mean cheaper, less paperwork when you get here, Instant work, school. And well you are married which.

Curious though why you would think K1 would be less a hassle?

I know you may think faster but look at timelines K1 may buy you an good 1 to 2 month lead maybe. You will be fine and won;t regret iit one bit. Stop looking at others timelines it will make you nuts. I am tellin you.:blink:

Edited by dwheels76

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Timeline

Welcome to VJ. Hang in there...regardless of what visa you chose, you'd still be 'waiting'. I wish you a speedy and smooth process! Stay blessed.

Thanks Ben&Jill for your encouraging words! You should have seen my smile when I saw a fellow Kenyan :D

Please keep us in your prayers,thanks.

Since you're coming from Kenya, the spouse visa path was a far better choice than trying a K1.

Interesting....why do you say so?

04EPel7.jpg04EPp3.png

xU4Op3.png

Timeline

Welcome to the world of VJ. And still lots to learn before you r journey is over you can be gearing up fpr the NVC process thats next.

But Hmmm thats interesting. Most come back and say the married path. I mean cheaper, less paperwork when you get here, Instant work, school. And well you are married which.

Curious though why you would think K1 would be less a hassle?

I know you may think faster but look at timelines K1 may buy you an good 1 to 2 month lead maybe. You will be fine and won;t regret iit one bit. Stop looking at others timelines it will make you nuts. I am tellin you.:blink:

Thanks for the warm welcome. I guess getting to the US on a K1 visa seems less of a hassle to the husband & I because it seems much more straight-forward in terms of the paperwork needed. I guess on the down side it takes more effort to adjust your status once you're in the US though. Waiting for the NOA2 takes a lot of patience though,huh? It's driving us crazy wondering when,when,when???

04EPel7.jpg04EPp3.png

xU4Op3.png

Timeline

Moving from IR-1/CR-1 Process to General Immigration-Related Discussion.

And I, too, agree that the spousal visa is much better choice than the fiance(e) visa. Welcome to VJ. :)

Cool,thanks for the welcome :star:

04EPel7.jpg04EPp3.png

xU4Op3.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Thanks Ben&Jill for your encouraging words! You should have seen my smile when I saw a fellow Kenyan :D

Please keep us in your prayers,thanks.

Nairobi can be a really difficult and tough Embassy...I strongly urge you to read through the entire Nairobi Embassy Thread which you can find here: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/160251-nairobi-embassy-thread/ and also read through all of the reviews for the Nairobi Embassy which you can find here: http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/index.php?cnty=Kenya&cty=&dfilter=5. You need to be prepared :star: and Karibu for the encouraging words. Stay blessed.

Men are like stars ~ there are a million of them, but only ONE can make your dreams come true. I found my STAR...

event.png

~K E N Y A~

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Many reasons you can read about but with respect to Kenya specifically, spouse visas are generally more successful than fiancee visas from high fraud countries.

Edited by pushbrk

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.