hakunamatata

just found out that AOS got denied..

90 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Cyprus
Timeline

Have your USC husband insist he be transferred to an ISO and let him handle it on the phone if you can't.

Don't rattle down the whole story. Keep it short and to the point. After 1 minute they tune out.

Simply ask the ISO exactly what Darnell said.

About the impatience, it depends on how bad you want to know. If it was me I would hang on for as long as it takes.

Put the phone on speaker and multitask.

Do a load of laundry, wash the dishes, whatever....while waiting.

Spoiler

I-129F Sent : 3-31-2014, NOA2: 4-6-2014

NVC Received : some dinkelsberry yehoo in the house of clingons send our petition to the wrong consulate.

Consulate Received : July 30,2014 Transfer to right embassy complete.

Interview Date : Oct 22, 2014

Interview Result : AP , requesting another PC (not expired) and certified divorce decree (was submitted)Stokes interview via phone for petitioner 4 hrs after interview.

Oct 23 email notification visa approved.
Visa Received : Nov. 3 , 2014 VISA IN HAND.

US Entry : Nov. 21, 2014

Marriage : Dec 27, 2014

AOS send : May 12, 2015, received May 14, 2015 USPS priority

Email &text : May 18, 2015, check cashed May 19,2015, return receipt May 21, 2015 stamped USCIS Lockbox, NOA1 (3x) May 22,2015

Biometrics : June 1, 2015 letter received for appointment June 8, 2015, successful walk-in June 1, 2015

RFE : June 12, 2015 for income not meeting guideline. Income does ( ! ) exceed guideline.

RFE response : June 26, 2015 returned with a boat load full of financial evidence.

UPDATE: July 5, 2015 updated on all 3 cases, RFE received June 30, 2015.

Service request : Aug 12, 2015, letter received that it will be processed within 90 days from receipt of RFE.

UPDATE: Aug 24, 2015, EAD card being produced/ordered. ( 102 days from AOS receipt day and 55 days from RFE response received.) Thank you Jesus !

Emails : Aug 24, 2015, EAD approved, EAD card ordered.

I-797 EAD/AP approval notice received : Aug 27, 2015

EAD/AP combo card mailed : Aug 27, 2015, EAD/AP combo card received: Aug 31, 2015

Renewal application send for EAD/AP : May 31,2016 (AOS pending over 1 year). Received June 2, 2016,Notice date June7, 2016, emails,texts, NOA1 hard copy

Service request for pending AOS April 21, 2016, case not assigned yet.
Service request for pending AOS June 14, 2016, tier 2 said performing background checks.
Expedite request for EAD/AP Aug 3, 2016, Aug10 notification >request was received, assigned, completed. RFE letter requesting evidence for expedite, docs faxed Aug18

*Service request for I-485 Aug 3, 2016, Aug11 notification> request was assigned. Service request Dec 2, 2016.
AOS Interview letter received Aug 12, 2016

AOS Interview September 21, 2016.

Second Biometrics appointment letters received for EAD and AOS on Aug 15, 2016 for Aug 17 ( 2 day notice).

Second Biometrics completed Aug 17, 2016

Third Biometrics appointment letter received Aug 19, 2016 for Sept. 1, 2016. WTH ?!

EAD/AP (renewal) approval Aug 22, 2016, NOA2 received Aug 25, 2016

Renewal EAD in production notification text and online, expedite successful 4 days after RFE request response was faxed, Aug25mailed,Aug29received.

Sept. 21 Interview, 2 hour interview, we were separated and asked about 50 questions each for an hour each. IO was firm but professional, some smiles.
Several service requests made, contacted Senator and Ombudsman. Background checks still pending.
July 21, 2017 HOME VISIT.  Went well. Topic thread in AOS forum.
Waiting to skip ROC and get 10 yr GC due to over 2 year while pending AOS
AOS APPROVED Oct. 4, 2017 * Green card in hand Oct 13, 2017 !!!!!

First K1 denied after 16 month of AP. Refiled. We are a couple since 2009. Not a sprint but a matter of endurance.

i read something from other forums:

his i485 application was denied and he was also under k1 visa..he said the denial was because they said their marriage was fraud... and in the letter it said he cant appeal. but what he did was he filed again though he had the option of reopening the case. after 4 months he received his green card.

that somehow relieved me. :D mine i guess would be just problem in some documents. :D like missing docu or something. :D

*God is good.*

Edited by hakunamatata

Have your USC husband insist he be transferred to an ISO and let him handle it on the phone if you can't.

Don't rattle down the whole story. Keep it short and to the point. After 1 minute they tune out.

Simply ask the ISO exactly what Darnell said.

About the impatience, it depends on how bad you want to know. If it was me I would hang on for as long as it takes.

Put the phone on speaker and multitask.

Do a load of laundry, wash the dishes, whatever....while waiting.

I did not rattle or something.. i was direct to the point.. maybe the supervisor was just like oh my im the supervisor and this girl wont believe me.. ill call again later.:D my husband is still at work.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Just an FYI, maybe you are aware already, but you say he sent them 2011 tax returns and not yet 2012. NOBODY has sent in 2012 as the year is not yet over! If he really did send in the complete 2011 return you can stop worrying about that. If it was the 2010 return which was due April 15, 2011 then they still want the 2011 return which was due April 2012. :)

I have heard of the wrong letter getting sent out by mistake. Is it possible that they sent you a 2nd biometrics letter by mistake when you were supposed to get an interview appt letter?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

ya, i read about her tax stuff and discounted it, thinking it's all ONE YEAR OFF regardless.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

what an ISO can do for you:

ISO - http://www.dhs.gov/files/publications/gc_1305658440339.shtm

I truly not wish to be argumentative,

but if you not get an ISO, you'll not learn of the returned mail pieces.

I'm betting one of the returned mail pieces is the RFE letter.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

They wouldn't deny you for the taxes without an RFE. No way to know until you get the letter but my bet would be you were mailed an RFE and never received it for whatever reason and were denied for not responding.

OUR TIMELINE

I am the USC, husband is adjusting from B2.

ADJUSTMENT OF STATUS

08.06.2010 - Sent off I-485
08.25.2010 - NOA hard copies received (x4), case status available online: 765, 131, 130.
10.15.2010 - RFE received: need 2 additional photos for AP.
10.18.2010 - RFE response sent certified mail
10.21.2010 - Service request placed for biometrics
10.25.2010 - RFE received per USCIS
10.26.2010 - Text/email received - AP approved!
10.28.2010 - Biometrics appointment received, dated 10/22 - set for 11/19 @ 3:00 PM
11.01.2010 - Successful biometrics walk-in @ 9:45 AM; EAD card sent for production text/email @ 2:47 PM! I-485 case status now available online.
11.04.2010 - Text/Email (2nd) - EAD card sent for production
11.08.2010 - Text/Email (3rd) - EAD approved
11.10.2010 - EAD received
12.11.2010 - Interview letter received - 01.13.11
01.13.2011 - Interview - no decision on the spot
01.24.2011 - Approved! Card production ordered!

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

11.02.2012 - Mailed I-751 packet to VSC
11.08.2012 - Checks cashed
11.10.2012 - NOA1 received, dated 11.06.2012
11.17.2012 - Biometrics letter received for 12.05.2012
11.23.2012 - Successful early biometrics walk-in

05.03.2013 - Approved! Card production ordered!

CITIZENSHIP

Filing in November 2013

Just an FYI, maybe you are aware already, but you say he sent them 2011 tax returns and not yet 2012. NOBODY has sent in 2012 as the year is not yet over! If he really did send in the complete 2011 return you can stop worrying about that. If it was the 2010 return which was due April 15, 2011 then they still want the 2011 return which was due April 2012. :)

I have heard of the wrong letter getting sent out by mistake. Is it possible that they sent you a 2nd biometrics letter by mistake when you were supposed to get an interview appt letter?

Oh.. my bad! i meant we sent the 2010 income tax return. omg.. so that surely is the problem?...

what an ISO can do for you:

ISO - http://www.dhs.gov/files/publications/gc_1305658440339.shtm

I truly not wish to be argumentative,

but if you not get an ISO, you'll not learn of the returned mail pieces.

I'm betting one of the returned mail pieces is the RFE letter.

well a male csr i guess is nicer to talk to... he said he could transfer me to the ISO but usually at this time the ISO could no longer be reached coz the offices would be closed in few minutes. but he said i could leave a voicemail instead. he also gave me an email address to send my inquiries to and expect for the reply within 10-24hrs.

thanks btw :)

Edited by hakunamatata

They wouldn't deny you for the taxes without an RFE. No way to know until you get the letter but my bet would be you were mailed an RFE and never received it for whatever reason and were denied for not responding.

im already thinking about the lost letter too.. coz the first biometrics was supposedly earlier.. when we called the uscis for a follow up of the case coz we did not receive any letter after 30 days of filing, they said they've already sent a mail 2 weeks ago but we had not received any so we requested for another copy and we were rescheduled. maybe the RFE was together with the first letter for biometrics that i supposedly should have received.

i wish i'd receive the letter tomorrow. cant sleep and eat because of this. lol

Filed: Other Country: Russia
Timeline

hi has anybody here had experienced the denial of I485 together with the EAD? I had been waiting for my green card and EAD to be in my hands anytime this month or next month coz i never thought they'd be denied. i dont know the reason yet for the denial but i've called the USCIS but the three people ive talked to said they did not have an access to the letter so i just have to wait for the letter which im expecting to receive anytime this week. I havent told my husband yet about this and i know he will be so frustrated about this. i was gonna freak out and couldnt believe at first when i read the status check online...but oh my.. what can i do.. i was thinking that was just a dream.. that i havent checked it yet and my green card and EAD is soon to come. lol..

i have not had interview..didnt receive any letter for that though. i had my 2 biometrics since they sent me another appointment letter after the first biometrics i had. i had my biometrics june 19 and july 16,2012.

what shall i do?.. i dont wanna be deported.. will i be?.. is the denial of AOS always have a second chance?like to appeal or send another or new I485 application?... i dont know what to do. ill just keep on praying everything will be fine soon.

another thing is if we file for another I485 would the processing time which supposedly should be 3-6mos to receive the permanent residency would take longer?since it's second filing?

i am convincing myself.. this is nothing and can be solved.. everything will be fine. hakuna matata. :D

and by the way.. i came to the US under k1 visa.

thanks in advance for the response.

May I ask how long did it take for you to file the documents and get the result?

I just wonder how long I will have to wait

And I am soooooo sorry for your denial :(

I am so trembling because I entered the States on B1 visa and got married in 4 months. And now I am working on the forms for green card and I am soooo scared that I might be denied because I didn't have the right visa type when I got married :((((((

Is there any chance for your husband to move to your country with you if you dont find an opportunity to apply for green card again?

Timeline

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

May I ask how long did it take for you to file the documents and get the result?

I just wonder how long I will have to wait

And I am soooooo sorry for your denial :(

I am so trembling because I entered the States on B1 visa and got married in 4 months. And now I am working on the forms for green card and I am soooo scared that I might be denied because I didn't have the right visa type when I got married :((((((

Is there any chance for your husband to move to your country with you if you dont find an opportunity to apply for green card again?

after 5 mos.. we gonna do everything we can.. we talked to a lawyer and he said there's always a way for approval on a previously denied case so long as u dont have any criminal case. so thinking about my husband moving to my country is not an option. im gonna stay here and file again.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.