22 posts in this topic

Im currently receive foodstamps is that going to be a problem with the NVC? Also i checked the poverty line and i am ok for the year 2011 and 2010. however the 2009 is a bit short is that a problem as well or can i just send in a letter from my bank with the amount of $$ i have will that help?

thanks in advance

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Im currently receive foodstamps is that going to be a problem with the NVC? Also i checked the poverty line and i am ok for the year 2011 and 2010. however the 2009 is a bit short is that a problem as well or can i just send in a letter from my bank with the amount of $ i have will that help?

thanks in advance

You can accept government benefits you are a US Citizen. If you're currently employed include check stubs and a lettter from your employer for this year. If you feel you don't have enough income then you might want to consider looking for a Co Sponsor. Good Luck to you :)

event.png

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Im currently receive foodstamps is that going to be a problem with the NVC? Also i checked the poverty line and i am ok for the year 2011 and 2010. however the 2009 is a bit short is that a problem as well or can i just send in a letter from my bank with the amount of $$ i have will that help?

thanks in advance

What they will be looking at is current income. Do you meet the poverty guideline presently? Also you can receive food stams but your spouse can not. Thats a means tested benefit.

No bank statements won't help. If you don't currently meet the guidelines you can use a co-sponsor.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

thanks in advance

okk. Let me make it more clear. I make enough money. I have a good job i just have foodstamps cause of my son (i dont know how i qualified cuase my annual income is 32,000) and i read on the website that if i had foodstamps i would have to repay all of it back before it can be approve. Iam over the poverty level but for 2009 my annual income was $21,000. that falls a bit under the poverty level. are they going to look at the past years or just look at the current one 2012 and 2011? and aslo a read that my assets are counted towards my income so if i send in a bank letter maybe the 2009 under the poverty line wont matter.. :/

The question is how are you going to support your spouse when you can't even support yourself?

This is a stereotypical comment..... Just cause she rec'd food stamp doesn't mean she can't take care of herself.

On other note if SHE is the USC that hasn't nothing to do with NVC she is not a PUBLIC CHARGE to this country. the issue can arise if and when she adds her SO, who is the immigrant in the case and will be consider a public charge.

~* GodsGift225*~

okk. Let me make it more clear. I make enough money. I have a good job i just have foodstamps cause of my son (i dont know how i qualified cuase my annual income is 32,000) and i read on the website that if i had foodstamps i would have to repay all of it back before it can be approve. Iam over the poverty level but for 2009 my annual income was $21,000. that falls a bit under the poverty level. are they going to look at the past years or just look at the current one 2012 and 2011? and aslo a read that my assets are counted towards my income so if i send in a bank letter maybe the 2009 under the poverty line wont matter.. :/

Just make sure to include a CURRENT pay stub for this year, and your employment letter stating your current income. And as the prior member state if you feel like you don't make enough find a cosponsor.

Good Luck!

Edited by GodsGift225

~* GodsGift225*~

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

This is a stereotypical comment..... Just cause she rec'd food stamp doesn't mean she can't take care of herself.

On other note if SHE is the USC that hasn't nothing to do with NVC she is not a PUBLIC CHARGE to this country. the issue can arise if and when she adds her SO, who is the immigrant in the case and will be consider a public charge.

It is still an issue... if one is getting Foodstamps means they are not making enough money to support themself hence tax payers (govt) is helping them.

Which means they cannot support their spouse when he enters the country.

If they are making enough money in a legit way than they would not qualify for the Foodstamp.

Filed: IR-2 Country: Philippines
Timeline

Why must we sugarcoat everything here in VJ...???

I am stating fact. I am NOT judging. If the OP requires government assistance now...How is it gonna be when he/she adds another dependent to the list?

I live in the real world (not fantasyland).

Edited by David&Goliath

Why must we sugarcoat everything here in VJ...???

I am stating fact. I am NOT judging. If the OP requires government assistance now...How is it gonna be when he/she adds another dependent to the list?

I live in the real world (not fantasyland).<~~~~ NO ONE IS LIVING IN THIS. EVENTUALLY HER SO WILL WORK TO ALSO HELP AND "SUPPORT" EACH OTHER!

i sure don't need to "sugarcoat" anything. But things happen in life. POINT BLANK. if whatever reason she needs food stamp or help from the "government" that is on her. Now if she feel like she has an issue with her income the only solution for her at this point is to get the cosponsor and call it a day. She will find a way to make it about her business to support her dependent.

Sometime one must put themselves in other shoes to understand the reason why situation come about. Especially if you have a FAMILY to take care of.

~* GodsGift225*~

Timeline

i sure don't need to "sugarcoat" anything. But things happen in life. POINT BLANK. if whatever reason she needs food stamp or help from the "government" that is on her. Now if she feel like she has an issue with her income the only solution for her at this point is to get the cosponsor and call it a day. She will find a way to make it about her business to support her dependent.

Sometime one must put themselves in other shoes to understand the reason why situation come about. Especially if you have a FAMILY to take care of.

I AM IN HER SHOES....MY INCOME IS LESS THAN HERS...!!!!!!!

thanks in advance

No les hagas caso. Im on food stamp and i was ok at NVC

I AM IN HER SHOES....MY INCOME IS LESS THAN HERS...!!!!!!!

Well some of us are hoping to have our husbands here to work and help the family. So in the meantime USC can get all the help they need from the government. You need a chill pill.

Timeline

Well some of us are hoping to have our husbands here to work and help the family. So in the meantime USC can get all the help they need from the government. You need a chill pill.

Nope, I don't need to take a chill pill. I am putting food on her table. I will say whatever I feel.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Nope, I don't need to take a chill pill. I am putting food on her table. I will say whatever I feel.

and you say you aren't passing judgement? *eyeroll* the OP asked a question, a simple answer would have sufficed. She didn't ask for you to put in your 2 cents. I am sure she is well aware that she has to support her SO until he finds a job and help with finances. headbonk.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.