Will and Mike

using powerpoint

31 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline

I recently submitted my I-129F. I scanned all my "proof" documents, i.e. boarding passes, tickets, etc., and put then into powerpoint so I could arrange them easily and used text to describe what it was, where from, etc.

Has anyone else used powerpoint and scanned their "proof"? Were there any issues for RFE if you did it?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

LMAO You didn't send any paperwork in?

Personally, I thought about mine and sent it via telekinesis...

Edited by Que Saudade

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

K1 Guides and Info

K1 AOS Guide

Link for Rio de Janeiro Consulate's instructions for K1 Visas. They give you this link instead of a packet 3. Everything you need for interview in Rio is here. Boa Sorte

Timeline

OK I have to get serious. Just out of sheer curiosity (the cat is already dead), where did you read anything about sending in a powerpoint.??

If you only sent in a powerpoint, I bet you haven't received a NOA1 yet. You probably will be getting something in the mail very soon... Like the entire package back with instructions asking you to "follow the instructions".

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

K1 Guides and Info

K1 AOS Guide

Link for Rio de Janeiro Consulate's instructions for K1 Visas. They give you this link instead of a packet 3. Everything you need for interview in Rio is here. Boa Sorte

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I recently submitted my I-129F. I scanned all my "proof" documents, i.e. boarding passes, tickets, etc., and put then into powerpoint so I could arrange them easily and used text to describe what it was, where from, etc.

Has anyone else used powerpoint and scanned their "proof"? Were there any issues for RFE if you did it?

No electronics accepted.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Timeline

No electronics accepted.

All of you who agree with Anh map... raise my thumb.......good.gif (See telekinesis is real)

K1 Guides and Info

K1 AOS Guide

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

perhaps what the person meant was he arranged everything in PowerPoint nicely and then printed it out and sent in. That makes sense.

This is exactly what I was thinking.

If this is the case, I don't think you will have any issues. I arranged our photos and such in Picasa creating collages with references of who was who, and when & where they were taken. They accepted all that plus the actual copies of other things we sent like, for example, the passport copies with the stamps.

Timeline

Apparently I was unclear. I submitted all documentation, forms, etc., in paper format. However I have lots of proof of having met. In order to better organize this, I scanned all my hard copies, imported them onto a power point, then PRINTED OUT THE SLIDES. My concern, which is only slight, is that they may think I doctored these documents when importing them into powerpoint.

As an aside, my powerpoint looked awesome electronically. It lost some pizazz on paper.

Has anyone used this idea to better organize all their documentation?

Timeline
If this is the case, I don't think you will have any issues. I arranged our photos and such in Picasa creating collages with references of who was who, and when & where they were taken. They accepted all that plus the actual copies of other things we sent like, for example, the passport copies with the stamps.

Thanks, this is quite simlar to what I did.

Timeline

Apparently I was unclear. I submitted all documentation, forms, etc., in paper format. However I have lots of proof of having met. In order to better organize this, I scanned all my hard copies, imported them onto a power point, then PRINTED OUT THE SLIDES. My concern, which is only slight, is that they may think I doctored these documents when importing them into powerpoint.

As an aside, my powerpoint looked awesome electronically. It lost some pizazz on paper.

I guess it will all depend on which documents you added. Pictures, boarding passes, receipts.. and such, would be ok; but you scanned (for example) a divorce decree and they can't see it very well... that may be a problem.

Makes sense?

Timeline
I guess it will all depend on which documents you added. Pictures, boarding passes, receipts.. and such, would be ok; but you scanned (for example) a divorce decree and they can't see it very well... that may be a problem.

Makes sense?

Yes it does. I only scanned the "proof" stuff. Other documents, Birth Certificate, etc. are straight copies. Thanks again.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

I think you should be OK :) we scanned a lot of our documents too. Similarly, I knew someone who sent in a CD of all their "evidence" and was approved (though I think that's rare).

Either way... there is no way to tell, the only way you will know is if you get a RFE (request for further evidence) if you do, it will tell you what to resubmit!

Congratulations on your engagement and goodluck :)

Edited by Xanax

We became a couple : 2011-05-29
I visited him : 2011-10-28 - 2011-11-17
He visited me (and my crazy family) : 2012-02-05 - 2012-02-17
I-129F Sent : 2012-02-05
I-129F NOA1 : 2012-02-14
I entered on VWP to stay 3 months: 2012-04-11 - 2012-07-03
---
Went to get my medical done for interview in Australia (much cheaper in the US and I was already here):2012-05-20
Medical issue diagnosed
K-1 petition cancellation request sent to CSC : 2012-06-01
Married: 2012-06-21
Filed for AOS : 2012-08-08
NOA1 : 2012-08-10
Biometrics : 2012-09-14
EAD approved : 2012-10-16
Applied for SSN : 2012-11-01
Received SSN : 2012-11-13
Received interview notice :2012-12-27
Interview- APPROVED :2013-01-28
Green card received :2013-02-04
Baby girl born :2013-03-09

Filed for ROC :2014-12-05
NOA :2014-12-11
Biometrics : 2015-01-15

ROC Approval : 2015-05-14

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

I agree with you (and please do not pay attention to Que Saudade, who should be somewhat ashamed now). I arranged my photos and screenshots of certain things, like chat room logs (I was very creative with ideas for my proof of relationship), bills, etc.; added notes on a side and printed it out. Everything was accepted just fine. I brought the messier originals to the interview later, just in case, but they were not claimed.

Timeline

Yes it does. I only scanned the "proof" stuff. Other documents, Birth Certificate, etc. are straight copies. Thanks again.

No problem good.gif Grats on the engagement and good luck with the journey cool.gif

Timeline

(and please do not pay attention to Que Saudade, who should be somewhat ashamed now).

Please..... I am not ashamed. The post was funny and I was not disrespectful. I am glad the OP cleared up the fact that he did not send in an electronic version.

In today's technological age, I do not doubt someone trying to be clever and try just that. SO, by no means was his post just unbelievable.

Furthermore, I wouldn't be surprised if USCIS doesn't go totally electronic within the next 5-10 years.

OP, I hope you do not ever have to go through the disappointment of a RFE and that everything goes smoothly for you.

K1 Guides and Info

K1 AOS Guide

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.