nmsmith

Immigrant illegal mother....American child

71 posts in this topic

Whatever she does, the best thing for her to do is to be near the child's father. Where is he?

2011-05-21: Matched on eharmony (clearly not in my 60 mile radius preference!)

2011-07-30: Met in Ottawa

2011-08-28: Day I knew I wanted to spend my life with her

2012-01-21: I proposed, outside in the freezing cold!

2012-02-06: Mailed out K-1 via FedEX

2012-02-10: NOA1

2012-08-01: NOA2

2012-08-17: Packet 3 received (email)

2012-09-10: Packet 3 sent

2012-09-12: Packet 4 received (email) with request for 2 photos

2012-10-29: Medical in Toronto

2012-11-06: Interview - Approved!

2013-04-05: POE Thousand Islands

2013-04-20: Wedding

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Million, possibly tens of millions work without documentation.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Why don't you spend some money on an immigration attorney, probably more than DIY.

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

Filed: Other Country: Russia
Timeline

Why don't you spend some money on an immigration attorney, probably more than DIY.

An immigration attorney would gladly take the money, but won't be able to give any more information than has already been provided here. The options are straight forward and limited.

QCjgyJZ.jpg

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline

Is there ANY possible way outside of marrying an American she can get documents to at the very least allow her to work in this Country? She is able bodied and more than ready to do so but cannot be employed illegally in most positions.

Unfortunately she doesn't have any options that she can exercise at this point. Short of marrying a US citizen, waiting for her sister's application to come through is her best option, although she might have trouble sorting that out if her sister no longer lives in the US, but that is a bridge yet in the distance, which to be crossed. As a last resort, her son can apply for her residence once he turns 21.

Although this was not part of the original question, it might behoove her to apply for a new passport at the Italian consulate, and here is a link to the Consulate in LA, although I believe all consulates follow the same procedure. http://www.italianazvc.org/passport.php that would ensure she is not without ID.

I wish her well and hope everything works out for her and son!

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Timeline

Her sister does not count as an immediate relative.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline

I never understand why ppl think its rude when they ask ppl who entered the country illegally to return back to their country?

IMHO, because it sounds like a dismissive and obvious blanket answer to any question related to issues with immigration.

I agree with you that, in most cases, that might seem the most appropriate answer, even, but the intent of the question and the manner in which it was formulated did not warrant the answer.

If you think of it, that answer is true for anyone and everyone experiencing any issues with immigration.

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Filed: Other Timeline

Wow sorry about your friend, U indicated her son is USC so she has to wait until he is 21 where is

the childs dad, in the US? It must be hard living in the shadow with this child, the child is entitled

benifits not her,and maybe house-work is the only thing she may get as no one wants to get in trouble by

hiring undocumented aliens.

Cant she go to her consulate to apply for her Italian passport, if and when she leaves the US I dont think

she will et a tourist visa to re-enter after this long over-stay,going back to Italy is not her desire but

as a mother sometimes sacrifices ought to be made.She will have a 10 yrs ban........wishing her the best

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

IMHO, because it sounds like a dismissive and obvious blanket answer to any question related to issues with immigration.

I agree with you that, in most cases, that might seem the most appropriate answer, even, but the intent of the question and the manner in which it was formulated did not warrant the answer.

If you think of it, that answer is true for anyone and everyone experiencing any issues with immigration.

I don’t think it is a blanket statement.

What would the most appropriate answer be? Find a USC and get married to USC and you will be able to adjust your status.

Most regular VJers know that can be done and do you think that should be the answer provided to OP?

Not really ppl experiencing problem can vary, like not sending the right documentation, what to send back for RFE or how long certain process takes or can one change from one status to another etc. these kinda question don’t warrant a answer return back to your home country.

Timeline

Not exactly an uncommon situation.

And there is no shortage of resources for people in this situation.

Edited by Boiler

That question is best anwered by an immigration solicitor.

K1 Visa - Dates in UK format

02/05/2012 I-129F Sent
07/05/2012 I-129F NOA1
02/11/2012 I-129F NOA2
14/11/2012 NVC Left
29/11/2012 Packet 3 Received
07/12/2012 Medical
12/12/2012 Packet 3 Sent
30/01/2013 Packet 4 Received
20/02/2013 Interview Date - Approved!
28/02/2013 Visa Received
03/06/2013 US Entry smile.png

22/06/2013 Marriage (Beautiful day) heart.gifrose.gif

AOS & EAD - Dates in US format

07/29/2013 Filing date

08/06/2013 NOA1

08/28/2013 Biometrics Apt

06/23/2014 Green Card

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.