JE06

Emailed the president...

136 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-5 Country: Romania
Timeline

Agreed!

There are major delays at CSC as well. There are CSC cases that have been waiting since November\December last year. Some of them from November started getting approved in the beginning of August therefore the 5 months’ time line doesn’t apply. I applied for my parents in February and I am at the 7 months mark right now – a process that should have not been longer than 2-3 months (the average time line on the USCIS website is 5 months). H1B, OPT extensions are being delayed as well. Let’s not forget that it is an election year.

Good luck everyone!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

A suggestion... you could apply to take this up at the quarterly stakeholders meeting. If I am understanding correctly, you would not need to be in person at the meeting but could attend over the phone. To submit an agenda item, it would need to be drafted and sent by Sept. 10th.

More details: http://www.aila.org/content/default.aspx?bc=26284|41144

There are major delays at CSC as well. There are CSC cases that have been waiting since November\December last year. Some of them from November started getting approved in the beginning of August therefore the 5 months’ time line doesn’t apply. I applied for my parents in February and I am at the 7 months mark right now – a process that should have not been longer than 2-3 months (the average time line on the USCIS website is 5 months). H1B, OPT extensions are being delayed as well. Let’s not forget that it is an election year.

Good luck everyone!

Yes, this is very true. I wrote a lovely post elsewhere that you just have to suck it up!!! Basically. I was at CSC for 9 months. Swallow that pill!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

When, in the course of history, has a government agency ever been efficient?

If you want change, change the people in Washington DC.

What appears as logic to most of us simply eludes the policy makers.

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

K1 Guides and Info

K1 AOS Guide

Link for Rio de Janeiro Consulate's instructions for K1 Visas. They give you this link instead of a packet 3. Everything you need for interview in Rio is here. Boa Sorte

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

A suggestion... you could apply to take this up at the quarterly stakeholders meeting. If I am understanding correctly, you would not need to be in person at the meeting but could attend over the phone. To submit an agenda item, it would need to be drafted and sent by Sept. 10th.

More details: http://www.aila.org/content/default.aspx?bc=26284|41144

Interesting....

K1
VSC NOA1 --- March 8, 2012
NOA2 --- October 11, 2012
Visa Approved --- December 17, 2012
POE --- December 22, 2012

AOS
AOS/EAD/AP NOA1 --- March 4, 2013
Biometrics --- April 3, 2013

EAD/AP received --- May 16, 2013

AOS Interview --- August 9, 2013

GC in production --- August 9, 2013

GC received --- August 17, 2013

N400

Approved May, 2018

Oath May, 2018

I130 - Nebraska SC

NOA1 - August 30, 2018

Case approved - August 28, 2019

NVC -

Interview -

I am the USC who brought my fiancé here on a K1,  who's now a USC and is now filing for his mother - whose case just got approved :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I don't feel bad for anyone who feels the best way to get ahead themselves, is by putting down others. Why the need to constantly point out that other people at CSC are being approved faster? Why must the success of others (june filers at CSC getting approved) bring you misery? Why not focus on the real problem, which is VSC processing petitions slower than their 5 month announced timeline? Why must you rain in on the parade of others? Or worse yet, call for other CSC filers' petitions to be held up so that yours gets processed ahead of theirs?

I wish all these "petitions" and "Letters" that people are sending to whichever official figure they're sending it to would just stop sticking to this awful suggestion that the only solution to this problem is that petitions be shared across CSC and VSC, so that EVERYONE gets screwed. Here's a thought, how bout suggesting that more adjudicators be assigned to I-129F's and CR-1's, so that EVERYONE will benefit? Heck, I'd venture a guess that's more likely to be implemented than the "sharing across CSC/VSC" suggestion, and yet that's not good enough for you guys? You need to feel that everyone needs to suffer the pain that you're suffering to feel justified?

Unbelievable!

/end rant.

You're clearly a very selfish human being. It's no surprise to see that you filed at CSC in June, thusly your attitude. Yes, CSC should share the work load if VSC is over burdened. The wait times should be pretty even across the board. Ugh, your attitude is really horrid.

event.png

I-129F Sent: 1-23-12

NOA1: 2-6-2012

RFE: 8-16-2012

RFE Received by USCIS: 8-28-2012

NOA2: 10-17-2012

Packet 3 Sent: 11-14-2012

Medical: 11-19-2012

Interview: 1-24-2013 - Approved!

Filed: Timeline

You're clearly a very selfish human being. It's no surprise to see that you filed at CSC in June, thusly your attitude. Yes, CSC should share the work load if VSC is over burdened. The wait times should be pretty even across the board. Ugh, your attitude is really horrid.

Interestingly enough, it's you that I find selfish and your attitude absolutely horrid.

VSC should be able to raise their performance without dragging others down.

Timeline

Interestingly enough, it's you that I find selfish and your attitude absolutely horrid.

VSC should be able to raise their performance without dragging others down.

This person isn't concerned with VSC's performance, they're interested in not having 'their' date delayed at all no matter what the cost to everyone else waiting at the other service center. The suggestion of hiring more people over at VSC is ridiculous and I think we all know that's not going to happen. Having the work load shared between the two centers is much more feasible and is something that would help everyone to have an even playing field straight away. Nothing horrid about that. We all paid the same amount, and we should be getting the same quality of service. Not to mention that it has been said that all of the protective status requests from Syria were going through VSC only, so yes, they are temporarily over loaded and then why shouldn't the work load be split to make this machine work at the best possible efficiency at both location.

And, yeah, I'm "selfish" because I, after waiting 7 months, feel that we should all be receiving the same kind of service. That certainly makes me selfish. Or wait, maybe bitching and moaning because I applied in June and don't want anything threatening MY date, even though there are people that have waited twice as long without hearing a single word would make me selfish, yeah that sounds more like it.

event.png

This person isn't concerned with VSC's performance, they're interested in not having 'their' date delayed at all no matter what the cost to everyone else waiting at the other service center. The suggestion of hiring more people over at VSC is ridiculous and I think we all know that's not going to happen. Having the work load shared between the two centers is much more feasible and is something that would help everyone to have an even playing field straight away. Nothing horrid about that. We all paid the same amount, and we should be getting the same quality of service. Not to mention that it has been said that all of the protective status requests from Syria were going through VSC only, so yes, they are temporarily over loaded and then why shouldn't the work load be split to make this machine work at the best possible efficiency at both location.

And, yeah, I'm "selfish" because I, after waiting 7 months, feel that we should all be receiving the same kind of service. That certainly makes me selfish. Or wait, maybe bitching and moaning because I applied in June and don't want anything threatening MY date, even though there are people that have waited twice as long without hearing a single word would make me selfish, yeah that sounds more like it.

So when you say... "we should all be receiving the same kind of service"... does it means that you will be happy if everyone, including us at CSC, were to wait for seven months (like you)?...

Timeline

So when you say... "we should all be receiving the same kind of service"... does it means that you will be happy if everyone, including us at CSC, were to wait for seven months (like you)?...

I'd be happy if the work load were shared between both service centers so that instead of some people waiting 2 months and some people waiting 7 months we were all waiting 4 or 5 months. Does that not seem fair to you?

Edited by Nick + Elizabeth

event.png

I'd be happy if the work load were shared between both service centers so that instead of some people waiting 2 months and some people waiting 7 months we were all waiting 4 or 5 months. Does that not seem fair to you?

BTW... I have been waiting for six months already and there are some of us that have waited for eight and nine months ... As I have said, the CSC is not that efficient...

Timeline

BTW... I have been waiting for six months already and there are some of us that have waited for eight and nine months ... As I have said, the CSC is not that efficient...

It's hard to tell as your profile isn't filled out. However, while I'm sorry to hear that, the fact is that it's not the norm for CSC. Most petitions at CSC are getting approved in under 100 days. That makes CSC a lot more efficient right now that VSC. It's not surprising that people from CSC don't like the idea, but I'm sure the vast majority of people at the other service center would share my opinions on this matter.

Edited by Nick + Elizabeth

event.png

Filed: IR-2 Country: Philippines
Timeline

Seriously...why would the OP send an email to the President of the United States...???

I guess it was just to vent and NOT trying to make any kind of change in processing.

If you were trying to make a change you would have a better chance of getting somewhere if you were to send an e-mail to Janet Napolitano, as she is the head of CIS.

Even then, you should probably start lower as their is a chain-of-command in the government.

You have every right to speak your mind as a US citizen, but sending an email to the president will get you NOTHING.

Timeline

Seriously...why would the OP send an email to the President of the United States...???

I guess it was just to vent and NOT trying to make any kind of change in processing.

If you were trying to make a change you would have a better chance of getting somewhere if you were to send an e-mail to Janet Napolitano, as she is the head of CIS.

Even then, you should probably start lower as their is a chain-of-command in the government.

You have every right to speak your mind as a US citizen, but sending an email to the president will get you NOTHING.

I wish I could one up this. True.

event.png

Its sad to see people with the same goal going against each other,it shows the frustration of this entire process.

I think to any logical mind when you have people paying for the exact same service you all expect and rightly so the same treatment.....clearly both California and Vermont have phases were one seems to perform better than the other. Its normal for the people at the poorly functioning centre to feel a bit frustrated and angry. We all want so badly to be back with our loved ones,I think its human nature to expect fairness.

The system needs an overhaul but we all know the chances of that happening!!!

event.png"]My link[/url]

[/url]"]My link[/url]ur[l=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

event.png

[/url]

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.