timetotakeaction

Immigrant wife entered marriage in bad faith

142 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I opened this new registration to keep my true identity hidden, but I am not new to VJ.

It is almost time for my LPR wife to apply for ROC. I have decided I would like to do what I can to prevent her ROC approved, as I discovered that she married me for fraudulent reasons, and have quite substantial proof of this.

We met online in 2010, and things went very well, and I visited her after a few months in her native Philippines. It seemed like everything was great, and upon returning to the USA and spending more time chatting, I decided to file a 129f petition., and everything went through without a hitch. She arrived in the USA in Sept 2010, and we married in Oct 2010.

After a few months, I discovered a secret Facebook profile she had opened. I discovered photos she posted of a boyfriend from her native country. The first photo, with them sitting next to each other, cheek to cheek, has the phrase “My one true love forever and ever,” This photo was posted by her the same day of our marriage.

There are other numerous photos such as this, posted from our wedding day to a couple of months later, when I discovered them. Her alias profile uses a fake first name for her, and the boyfriends last name. There are also numerous comments by both of them stating how much they love and miss each other, written in mostly their native language. At one point they joke about her having a husband as they share words of love.

This discovery made me look deeper, and I was able to recover yahoo chat logs as well, and had them translated. Those begin the day she arrived here in the USA, and continue to our wedding date, and beyond. These also include love expressions----jokes about me as the husband, and even a cybersex episode between them. She also states, in a chat the day after we were married, that she cannot wait to get back in his arms again.

Additional chat sessions with her family are also incriminating against her, as she expresses just wanting to leave, and her family reassuring her to wait 2 or 3 years to get permanent status, so she can no longer have to remain with me.

I have all this printed out, stored away safely where she cannot access it. Now, I wanted to see if things would work out, and I now see they did not, and will not. She has no idea of my intent to try to stop her ROC from going forward, and I intent to keep that hidden as long as possible.

We are still married, and will be when the ROC is to be filed. In fact, for now I have no plans to initiate separation or divorce. Rather, my thought is to submit my proof of the marriage not being entered in good faith (fraudulent) to the proper entities before the 90 day window opens, and refuse to file a joint petition for removal of conditions after she is allowed to file.

My understanding is that if I am not co-filing, she must submit a divorce decree by the end of the Temporary Green Card Expiration. She will not have such a decree, as no divorce will be filed. The other way to apply would be to claim a VAWA case, and I would hope my ample evidence of her fraudulent intent in marrying me would prevent such a claim from being successful, and with her file being tagged with the evidence, an abuse claim would be read as a desperate attempt on her part. We have had no abusive situations, and I am not one that could be provoked to that level.

I do love my wife, but see that she does not have any love for me. I do not want to be on the hook for potential 864 support, sharing of assets that were never earned by her, and knowing she has obtained permanent status through me.

The question is, is the evidence I have of marital fraud the kind that ICE and USCIS will also recognize as such? And am I likely to prevail in forcing her departure from the USA for Visa fraud. My understanding is the threshold applied is, at the actual time of the marriage, was it entered in good faith. Clearly I think I can show it was not.

The input of the VJ members is appreciated.

Filed: IR-2 Country: Philippines
Timeline

im sorry to hear your story.. i am from Philippines as well and i am so much deeply and truly inlove with my husband and i dont tolerate this kind of an attitude of a filipina..i guess you need to do some action about this. i dont want people use people for there success.. that's not good. But im just wondering how did you manage to stay with her for almost 2 years? and do nothing after seeing her love story of the filipino guy? i know how it hurts for you but i guess you both need to talk and confront her about what is really her intention.

585nbjc5r.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

im sorry to hear your story.. i am from Philippines as well and i am so much deeply and truly inlove with my husband and i dont tolerate this kind of an attitude of a filipina..i guess you need to do some action about this. i dont want people use people for there success.. that's not good. But im just wondering how did you manage to stay with her for almost 2 years? and do nothing after seeing her love story of the filipino guy? i know how it hurts for you but i guess you both need to talk and confront her about what is really her intention.

I did confront her, and she agreed to put things behind her, and move forward with me as the focus of her life. Now, evaluating it all again, and reading all the logs and photos again, I recognize she has not really changed at all. She shows me no love still, showing more love for our dog than me, and has another facebook account now. She never states that she is married, and never will post a photo of me with her. When I added her to my profile in FB as my wife, she declined the link, and blocked me from her profile.

I thought I would give her time to 'come around' to reality, and she had promised to, but now time is running out, and she has not made any efforts, and her behaviors are regressing backwards. I love her dearly, but will not stay with a woman that does not love me. When questioned about any of her behaviors, she just clams up, and will say 'because I want' or 'because I don't want'. She refuses to discuss any issues, which tells me, she is just trying to push to the 10 year card.

Filed: Timeline

I'm sorry to hear about your situation. But I think you let yourself suffer long enough. I can't even fathom the fact that you still gave her chances. You have a good heart but as your moniker says, it's time to take action. I might sound a little too harsh but she DOES NOT deserve anything good. BANISH her to her "world". Users should be treated as such. There's plenty of good women out there that deserve your kind. More power to you and do whatever you can for her to be deported back to her true love. An eye for an eye my friend!

Darnell, hit the nail on the head, make an appointment with your USCIS office and ask for an Ice Supervisor, submit you paperwork, but make sure you keep copies just in case your first submission is lost. Make sure you get the name of the person you talk to about your wife, make sure you get a contact number as well.

It seems you have given her every chance to work on the marriage, but she seems either unable or unwilling to.

You can only flog a dead horse for so long, and honestly it seems your marriage is dead in the water and was a non starter from before you married and brought her to the US.

Now you have told her how you feel you are going to have to be careful she can't find ways to accuse you in order to file VAWA, protect yourself and good luck :thumbs:

I think you have a case for ICE, but

Get to yer local USCIS Office via infopass, and talk with the ICE Shift Supervisor. Bring yer file, ask for input.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Romania
Timeline

Chat logs, FB pages can easily be faked.

USCIS [*] 22 Nov. 2011 - I-129 package sent; [*] 25 Nov. 2011 - Package delivered; [*] 25 Nov. 2011 - NOA1/petition received and routed to the California Service Center; [*] 30 Nov. 2011 - Touched/confirmation though text message and email; [*] 03 Dec. 2011 - Hard copy received; [*]24 April 2012 - NOA2 (no RFEs)/text message/email/USCIS account updated; [*] 27 April 2012 - NOA2 hard copy received.

NVC [*] 14 May 2012 - Petition received by NVC ; [*] 16 May 2012 - Petition left NVC.

EMBASSY [*] 18 May 2012 - Petition arrived at the US Embassy in Bucharest; [*] 22 May 2012 - Package 3 received; [*] 24 May 2012 - Package sent to the consulate, interview date set; [*] 14 June 2012 - Interview date, approved.

POE [*] 04 July 2012 - Minneapolis/St.Paul. [*] 16 September 2012 - Wedding Day!

AOS/EAD/AP [*] 04 February 2013 - AOS/EAD/AP package sent; [*] 07 February 2013 - AOS/EAD/AP package delivered; [*] 12 February 2013 - NOA1 text messages/emails; [*] 16 February 2013 - NOA1 received in the regular mail; [*] 28 February 2013 - Biometrics letter received (appointment date, March 8th); [*] 04 March 2013 - Biometrics walk-in completed (9 out of 10 fingerprints taken, pinky would not give in); [*] 04 April 2013 - EAD/AP card approved; [*] 11 April 2013 - Combo card sent/tracking number obtained; [*] 15 April 2013 - Card delivered.

[*] 15 May 2013 - Moved from MN to LA; [*] 17 May 2013 - Applied for a new SS card/filed an AR-11 online (unsuccessfully), therefore called and spoke to a Tier 2 and changed the address; [*] 22 May 2013 - Address updated on My Case Status (finally can see the case numbers online); [*] 28 May 2013 - Letter received in the mail confirming the change of address; [*] 31 July 2013 - Went to Romania; [*] 12 September 2013 - returned to the US using the AP, POE Houston, everything went smoothly; [*] 20 September 2013 - Spoke to a Tier2 and put in a service request; [*] 23 September 2013 - Got "Possible Interview Waiver" letter (originally sent on August, 29th to my old address, returned and re-routed to my current address); [*] 1 October 2013 - Started a new job.

event.png

Trying to get the word out about our struggles:

http://voices.yahoo.com/almost-legal-citizen-but-not-quite-12155565.html?cat=9

So what do you suggest he do, you says the things he has can be easily faked, what in your opinion can he give to ICE to show his wifes fraud, or do you think he is the fraud?

Chat logs, FB pages can easily be faked.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I'm sorry you are going through this. Sounds like a recent post about a guy who found skype chat logs and e-mails of his Filipina wife expressing love to another guy in the Phils. I don;t know much about this sort of thing but maybe instead of holding out and trying to get everything perfect to expose her for fraud, maybe you should take action now and at a minimum get seperated and get away from her (again I don;t know how that works, i.e - can you put her out?) I don;t know if you can put your wife out and if that was your home already I'm sure youi don't want to leave. But I guess I'm kind of concerned about that thing I hear/read about where these foreign wives can claim physical abuse (real or imagined). If this is all true and she knoes that you know about it and is really in this just to get green card, she may try and pull this on you. From what I hear/read even if you are innocent and never touched her, this can mean big trouble for you innocent or not.

I have no good advice for you and feel for you in this situation. but it seems really risky if all this is true that you are in the same house with her.

Maybe contact a lawyer of some kind that is knowledgable in this sort of thing or maybe like mentioned above get to the USCIS or however you get to ICE and get instruction on your best action and protect yourself ASAP!

Take care of yourself and God bless!

10/17/2008 - First Contact via message in CB

03/15/2009 - Engaged

05/15/2009 - First meeting in person (I traveled to Philippines)

10/05/2010 - Sent I-129F package to Fiancee VISA service for review and forwarding

12/08/2011 - Interview - Approved!

12/20/2011 - VISA in hand! (Never showed up in 2go online tracking!)

01/04/2012 - POE San Francisco(SFO)I met her there.

01/05/2012 - We're Home!

02/14/2012 - Married Valentine's Day 2012!

05/04/2012 - Mailed AOS/EAD/AP packages via FedEx ground

07/26/2012 - EAD/AP Combo card received

"TeddyHoney and SqueezyBear"

(Derrick and Ritchie)

Filed: IR-2 Country: Philippines
Timeline

I'm sorry you are going through this. Sounds like a recent post about a guy who found skype chat logs and e-mails of his Filipina wife expressing love to another guy in the Phils. I don;t know much about this sort of thing but maybe instead of holding out and trying to get everything perfect to expose her for fraud, maybe you should take action now and at a minimum get seperated and get away from her (again I don;t know how that works, i.e - can you put her out?) I don;t know if you can put your wife out and if that was your home already I'm sure youi don't want to leave. But I guess I'm kind of concerned about that thing I hear/read about where these foreign wives can claim physical abuse (real or imagined). If this is all true and she knoes that you know about it and is really in this just to get green card, she may try and pull this on you. From what I hear/read even if you are innocent and never touched her, this can mean big trouble for you innocent or not.

I have no good advice for you and feel for you in this situation. but it seems really risky if all this is true that you are in the same house with her.

Maybe contact a lawyer of some kind that is knowledgable in this sort of thing or maybe like mentioned above get to the USCIS or however you get to ICE and get instruction on your best action and protect yourself ASAP!

Take care of yourself and God bless!

This is a very good point, I never thought about that. If they stay together she could attempt to put together some false abuse evidence against him.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

So what do you suggest he do, you says the things he has can be easily faked, what in your opinion can he give to ICE to show his wifes fraud, or do you think he is the fraud?

I am not sure if the ICE will accept evidences that wasn't acquired in legal way. I am not in favor of what the OP's wife did, but the OP should also be aware of legal issues before these evidences be turned around and used against the OP by itself because he got the evidences in an illegal way.

To the OP, I hope everything goes well sooner and not later and hopefully your wife pays for whatever wrong she had done.

Edited by Dean_De

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.