Rachel~C

August 2012 filers!

444 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

This is my first post here. I am just incredibly tensed up about this whole process now. I have got my NOA1 on August 22nd, so to this day it's been 113 days and still waiting for my NOA2. My case is with Vermont. I am just wondering is this par for course or should I be worried about the length of time that has elapsed so far in getting my NOA2?

Also I would like to know and forgive me for being naive--is getting the NOA2 the most important phase/part of the whole process. I know every phase of this process is important but getting NOA2 basically means the petition is actually approved, right?

Anyway I am just keeping my fingers crossed.

Cheers.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

This is my first post here. I am just incredibly tensed up about this whole process now. I have got my NOA1 on August 22nd, so to this day it's been 113 days and still waiting for my NOA2. My case is with Vermont. I am just wondering is this par for course or should I be worried about the length of time that has elapsed so far in getting my NOA2?

Also I would like to know and forgive me for being naive--is getting the NOA2 the most important phase/part of the whole process. I know every phase of this process is important but getting NOA2 basically means the petition is actually approved, right?

Anyway I am just keeping my fingers crossed.

Cheers.

This is par for the course as they are now looking at June cases. Getting the NOA2 isn't necessarily the most important part of the process, but it is the most time consuming; once you receive it, you're past the biggest hurdle. Getting your NOA2 means your petition was approved but there is still the interview process to actually receive the K1 Visa.

Keep reading and researching the forums. There is a wealth of information here!

July 09, 2012 - Sent in application for I-129f petition for K1 Visa
Dec. 31, 2012 - NOA2
Feb. 23, 2013 - Visa received
March 31, 2013 - POE
April 12, 2013 - Wedding! (41213 prime!)

May 02, 2013 - Sent off AOS, EAD, AP package

May 04, 2013 - Package arrived at Chicago lockbox

May 22, 2013 - Early walk in Biometrics, Alexandria VA

June 03, 2013 - RFE for AOS

June 17, 2013 - RFE response received

July 05, 2013 - EAD and AP approved

July 10, 2013 - EAD card production

Timeline

This is par for the course as they are now looking at June cases. Getting the NOA2 isn't necessarily the most important part of the process, but it is the most time consuming; once you receive it, you're past the biggest hurdle. Getting your NOA2 means your petition was approved but there is still the interview process to actually receive the K1 Visa.

Keep reading and researching the forums. There is a wealth of information here!

Thank you very much for your reply. I really appreciate that. By the way you mentioned that VSC is now looking at June cases. Is there anyway that I can know which month cases are they looking at now? Or is it just based on the approvals some of the other members have got there who filed their petitions in June?

Yes this forum is a veritable treasure trove of information. Thank you once again for your reply.

Cheers.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Is our time coming soon for us August filers? I sure hope so.

I hope so too... There is even one November filer who got approved just recently even without expediting their petition... Guess they are lucky...

When TWO HEARTS are meant for each other, NO DISTANCE is TOO FAR... NO TIME is TOO LONG... and NO OTHER LOVE can BREAK THEM APART...

Timeline

I hope so too... There is even one November filer who got approved just recently even without expediting their petition... Guess they are lucky...

November filer got approved in December you mean and that too without an expedite request? Oh wow, I mean make no mistake I am happy for that couple but its incredibly distressing this waiting time. I read somewhere a couple have been waiting for more than 250 days for their NOA2. There's really it seems no discernible pattern.

I know everybody is in the same boat. I hope at least one August filer is approved this month and I selfishly hope its me :).

I wish everybody all the very best.

Cheers.

Edited by leonidas_alexan

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

November filer got approved in December you mean and that too without an expedite request? Oh wow, I mean make no mistake I am happy for that couple but its incredibly distressing this waiting time. I read somewhere a couple have been waiting for more than 250 days for their NOA2. There's really it seems no discernible pattern.

I know everybody is in the same boat. I hope at least one August filer is approved this month and I selfishly hope its me :).

I wish everybody all the very best.

Cheers.

yup A November filer just got approve within a month from CSC and A VSC filer got approved within just 14 days without expediting their petition...

When TWO HEARTS are meant for each other, NO DISTANCE is TOO FAR... NO TIME is TOO LONG... and NO OTHER LOVE can BREAK THEM APART...

What? a november or december filler approved without expediting and we've been waiting for over 4 months now??

Am i the only one here who finds this unacceptable?? there is no way it hasen't been expedited or the end of the world is really coming today....

Apparently CSC is now working on august petitions...

I hate USCIS....

K1 Journey:

NOA1: 08/21/2012 (CSC)

NOA2: 04/24/2013 (8 months ClockWatch2.gif )

NVC received: 05/02/2013

NVC sent to Embassy: 05/06/2013 (only took 4 days !!)

Packet 3 received: 06/01/2013 (our son's 2nd birthday !!).Packet 3 response leaving in the mail on the next business day (06/04)

Medical: 06/11/2013

Interview: 06/18/2013. No packet 4 received, interview notice given on the phone the day before.

APPROVED !!

POE Chicago: 07/05/2013

AOS (EAD/AP) Journey:

NOA1: 07/30/2013

Biometrics: 09/09/2013

EAD/AP: 10/09/2013

Received a "potential interview waiver case" letter on 11/23/13.

GREEN CARD APPROVED AND IN PRODUCTION ON 03/17/2014

ROC I-751:

Sent: 01/09/16

NOA1: 01/11/16

Approval and Production Notice: 07/29/16

Timeline

What? a november or december filler approved without expediting and we've been waiting for over 4 months now??

Am i the only one here who finds this unacceptable?? there is no way it hasen't been expedited or the end of the world is really coming today....

Apparently CSC is now working on august petitions...

I hate USCIS....

Our NOA1 receipt dates are the same. Just going by the trend, my guess is since your case is being dealt by CSC I think you will receive your approval first. Mine is the good old VSC. So, unless VSC wants to surprise me and one up on CSC you should be receiving your approval first :).

Wish you all the very best.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Singapore
Timeline

All I want for Christmas is NOA2! :crying:

Timeline for Adjustment of Status from K1 visa

08/12/2013 -> Send off AOS, EAD and AP package via USPS

08/13/2013 -> Check were cashed

08/14/2013 -> USCIS received package

08/20/2013 -> Receipt confirmation via text and email

08/24/2013 -> Received NOA1 hard copies via mail

08/29/2013 -> Received biometrics appointment schedule for 9/16 @ 11am

09/16/2013 -> Walk-in for biometrics

10/01/2013 -> Received text that I-485 is now under Testing and Interview

10/11/2013 -> Received text/email notification of EAD+AP in production and to allow 30 days for my combo card to be mailed to me.

10/22/2013 -> Received text/email notification that EAD+AP card has been mailed out.

10/24/2013 -> Received EAD+AP in the mail

02/12/2014 -> AOS interview at the Denver office -> Approved

02/20/2014 -> Received GC in the mail

123 days and counting at Torment Service Center,err Vermont Service Center. :( .

143 days here and still waiting , waiting , waiting and waiting! :unsure:

"All my life, without a doubt i give you, all my life, now and forever till the day i die, you and i will share" By: America
                                                               == I am the beneficiary==
AOS - K1 & K2
03-04-2014 ( Day 01) - Mailed
03-06-2014 ( Day 02) - Received
03-17-2014 ( Day 13) - Text and E-mail Notification at 12:50 am
03-21-2014 ( Day 17) - Received I-797C NOA (AOS, AP & EAD) hard copies - 6 mails
03-24-2014 ( Day 20) - Received I-797C NOA (ASC Appointment Notice/ Biometrics schedule) - 2 mails
04-09-2014 ( Day 36) - Biometrics Schedule @ 10&11am
05-30-2014 ( Day 87) - Received EAD combo card (K2 only)
06-09-2014 ( Day 97) - I 485 ( both k1 & k2 ) - Card / Document Production (no interview)
06-12-2014 ( Day 100)- I 485 ( both k1 & k2 ) - Mailed the new card
06-14-2014 ( Day 102)- GC ( both K1 & k2) - Received

Done.

ROC - K1 & K2

03-17-2016 ( Day 01) - Mailed

03-22-2016 ( Day 05) - NOA1

04-19-2016 ( Day 27) - Biometrics Appt. ( only K1 admitted, no K2 Bio Appt. letter received)

03-13-2017 ( Day 328) - Received Biometrics Appt. letter for K2 ( yes, almost a year of waiting!) Scheduled for March 22, 2017

03-22-2017 ( Day 337) - Biometrics Appt. (K2)

04-19-2017 ( Day 364)- USCIS status changed from "Case Was Received" to "Name Updated" (Only the K1 case)

04-26-2017 ( Day 371)-  USCIS status changed from " Name Updated" to "New Card Is Being Produced" ( both K1 and K2 app)

05-01-2017 ( Day 376)-   USCIS status changed from "New Card Is Being Produced" to "Card Was Mailed To Me" ( K2 case)

05-02-2017 ( Day 377)-   USCIS status changed from "New Card Is Being Produced" to "Card Was Mailed To Me" ( K1 case)

05-04-2017 ( Day 379)-  Received GC in the mail ( K2)

05-05-2017 ( Day 380)-  Received GC in the mail ( K1)

Done.

Naturalization

03-10-2017 ( Day 01) - Mailed

03-21-2017 ( Day 11) - Received Text and Email Notification

03-25-2017 ( Day 15) - Received NOA hardcopy

03-27-2017 ( Day 17) - USCIS website status changed " Fingerprint Appointment Was Scheduled"

04-12-2017 ( Day 33) - Biometrics/ Fingerprints & stamped passports for another 1 yr extension.

05-15-2017 ( Day 66) - "In Line for Interview" updated website status

05-17-2017 ( Day 68) - " Interview Was Scheduled" updated website status

05-25-2017 ( Day 76) - Received  the interview letter

06-26-2017 ( Day 108) - Interview Schedule

08-03-2017 ( Day 147)- Received notification online "Oath Ceremony Notice Was Mailed"

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

USCIS received our application 2nd Aug 2012. We are hoping to get approved on January. Good luck to everyone!

USCIS received our application 2nd Aug 2012. We are hoping to get approved on January. Good luck to everyone!

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline

Hello,

I'm only new to this site right now, but have you still not heard on your NOA2?

ours was aug 22nd too and we havent seen any change yet....!!!

pleaseeeee, uscis, hurry!!!!

Filed: I-1 Visa Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

Hi everyone,

Received my NOA 1 on August 10, 2012.. Hoping to recieve my NOA 2 by mid January and good luck to everyone. Please keep us all posted on your progress.

Just Married

NOVEMBER 8, 2013

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.