Phil & Alla

Is 1.76 Million applications going to have an effect on AOS?

52 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I guess I am lucky I got through the AOS process; I have copied in part a local news paper article. I have no idea how this may affect the visa process such as a K1, but without additional staffing it would have to slow USCIS down

“Up to 1.76 million illegal immigrants could be eligible for a two-year reprieve from deportation under an Obama administration program that begins accepting applications today.

The program is funded through an application fee of $465, although exemptions will be made for minors, homeless youth and youth with chronic disabilities whose income is below 150 percent of the poverty level, among other exceptions.

Individuals who apply will be scheduled for a biometrics appointment and subject to background checks against several databases. They will be asked to provide financial, medical, school, military, employment and other records to prove that they have met the requirements.

He could not predict how long it might take to process an application, saying that will depend on the volume and pace of applications.”

Good luck to all awaiting an AOS after today :( Thank you MR. President!!!!

Phil,

You are the lucky one!!! I am still waiting on my AOS :( Yeah there is definitely will be an impact and could be quite siginificant.

event.png

event.png

"Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will direct your paths." (Proverbs 3, 5-6)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Well i am sure everything is switching to this. I would thing it needs to be done by election time. Look at what all the applications for Syria did to poor Vermont. They still trying to catch up.

Here's praying they have some extra folk tucked away and just adjudicated applications for spouces and fiance'/fioancee' quickly for ll my peeps here.

Now if NVC would just do the same and get the move on. Goodness.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

This is bad news for those of us looking forward to AOS for our loved ones ....

Sent I-129 Application to VSC 2/1/12
NOA1 2/8/12
RFE 8/2/12
RFE reply 8/3/12
NOA2 8/16/12
NVC received 8/27/12
NVC left 8/29/12
Manila Embassy received 9/5/12
Visa appointment & approval 9/7/12
Arrived in US 10/5/2012
Married 11/24/2012
AOS application sent 12/19/12

AOS approved 8/24/13

Timeline

The Department of Homeland Security starts taking applications Wednesday for Deferred Action. It's estimated that 80,000 people in Arizona could apply if they want to. <BR orgfontsize="14px"><BR orgfontsize="14px">Hundreds of people showed up at meetings in both Tucson and Phoenix eager to apply and wanting to know more. <BR orgfontsize="14px"><BR orgfontsize="14px">For many illegal immigrants, this is the opportunity of a lifetime: the chance to apply for a permit that would let them legally live and work in the U.S. temporarily. <BR orgfontsize="14px"><BR orgfontsize="14px">"This is one of the most amazing breakthroughs we have been able to make but I do realize this is a fight and we have a lot of work ahead of us," said Dulce Vazquez of the Arizona Dream Act Coalition. <BR orgfontsize="14px"><BR orgfontsize="14px">The requirements to apply are, they had to come to the U.S. as a child, have to show they are currently enrolled in school or have a degree and the work permit only lasts two years. <BR orgfontsize="14px"><BR orgfontsize="14px">It's easy to apply. Applicants have to fill out a form on a website and send it in with a money order for $450. <BR orgfontsize="14px"><BR orgfontsize="14px">There is no in person interview and some analysts say fraud could be a major problem. <BR orgfontsize="14px"><BR orgfontsize="14px">U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services are hiring on more people to process the applications. There are more than a million applications expected to come in from across the country. <BR orgfontsize="14px"><BR orgfontsize="14px">The group "No Dream Deferred" is expected to release a plan of action today to ensure the process is organized and complete. They're also offering free help and informational sessions to those who

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

ROC I-751

N-400

I want to clarify, it makes no difference if these applications are approved before election time. Thier approved application would have zero impact on the election. Why? They can't vote. They are conditional residents (2 year) on a deferred status, not citizens. The mere action of him providing this avenue however is an attempt to gain the approval (and votes of course) of the millions of hispanic citizens who may have family members or friends that will likely be affected by this.

Check out the Politics and Religion as I beleive there are a number of these threads already in existence.

Total elapsed time between filing I-129F to GC in hand 569 days or 1 Year, 6 months, 22 days.

Sure it will impact speed,and most likely raise costs, but remember how important to politicians cheap unskilled labor for lawn keeping, house keeping, and odd jobs, these workers are!

I-751 Vermont
Mailed 4/03/2012
Check Cashed 4/10/2012
Noa1 4/12/2012 receipt date 4/6/2012
Biometrics 4/19/2012 letter recieved
Biometrics 5/01/2012 done
Tic Toc, Tic Toc, Tic Toc, Tic toc..................................................

5/10/2013 Info pass for another year stamp

Tic Toc, Tic Toc.....................................

Second biometrics letter received 7/6/2013

Tic toc tic toc..........................................................................................

4/10/14 info pass for another year

Tic Toc, Tic toc

3/30/2015 info pass for another year stamp

9/10/2015 Notice for I-751 interview 9/22/2015 Our gov is so efficient just gotta love em in charge of health care!!

I want to clarify, it makes no difference if these applications are approved before election time. Thier approved application would have zero impact on the election. Why? They can't vote. They are conditional residents (2 year) on a deferred status, not citizens. The mere action of him providing this avenue however is an attempt to gain the approval (and votes of course) of the millions of hispanic citizens who may have family members or friends that will likely be affected by this.

Check out the Politics and Religion as I beleive there are a number of these threads already in existence.

Good point on the voting, but these people are not conditional residents at all. They have no legal status, just a "no deport" order and an EAD. These people are NOT getting permanent residence. I think this is an important distinction, because people here are getting all angry saying "we did things the legal way and these people get rewarded" but I think it's important to note they aren't getting too much. Giving them an EAD also allows the US to collect their taxes more easily, instead of them working under-the-table jobs, so it's good for the economy.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

You must not be near illegals, I stood at polling place last election and watched them come and point say NO ID get ballot be back in line in 30 minutes, speaking not a word of english. Pointed it out to officials they said sorry we can not require ID or proof of citizenship. But did say ballot was special ones not always counted??

I-751 Vermont
Mailed 4/03/2012
Check Cashed 4/10/2012
Noa1 4/12/2012 receipt date 4/6/2012
Biometrics 4/19/2012 letter recieved
Biometrics 5/01/2012 done
Tic Toc, Tic Toc, Tic Toc, Tic toc..................................................

5/10/2013 Info pass for another year stamp

Tic Toc, Tic Toc.....................................

Second biometrics letter received 7/6/2013

Tic toc tic toc..........................................................................................

4/10/14 info pass for another year

Tic Toc, Tic toc

3/30/2015 info pass for another year stamp

9/10/2015 Notice for I-751 interview 9/22/2015 Our gov is so efficient just gotta love em in charge of health care!!

You must not be near illegals, I stood at polling place last election and watched them come and point say NO ID get ballot be back in line in 30 minutes, speaking not a word of english. Pointed it out to officials they said sorry we can not require ID or proof of citizenship. But did say ballot was special ones not always counted??

Those people have to be registered to vote beforehand, and their register is checked. There was a recent study out that counted .75 cases of voter fraud per state per year. Yeah, not a lot, less than a person per state on average.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Sure it will impact speed,and most likely raise costs, but remember how important to politicians cheap unskilled labor for lawn keeping, house keeping, and odd jobs, these workers are!

That was a pretty messed up thing to say. How do you know the education and skill levels of those that are eligible? Or that they can only work at mowing lawns, being a maid or working 'odd' jobs?

Just because they did not speak English did not mean they were illegal. Like Harpa said, it is not true that voter fraud is a rampant, large problem. You must be registered to vote before going to the polling booth, at least that is the case for most states.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

That's funny about not being near illegals. We have tons here. Whole plants were shut down due to it all being run by illegal workers. But I digress...I know voting laws here in my state changed. No photo ID and voter registration that matches that ID, no vote. Simple as that. I suspect this election will be ugly.

The point of my post was to clarify these people are not getting voting rights. No one but a Citizen has the right to vote. The government trying to get their applications pushed through before the election is a moot point because of that.

Total elapsed time between filing I-129F to GC in hand 569 days or 1 Year, 6 months, 22 days.

Timeline

I only mentioned the applications getting done before election wasn't for voting but getting it done. Just in case the republicans win and kill this bill. Heck I don't know. I don't get what 2 years will do. Than what do all these 1.76 million do.

And really that sure is a low low number. I think they will be mighty shocked when this is all over.

ROC I-751

N-400

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

A lot of people are missing the point. Unemployment is still near record highs and a LOT of citizens cannot find work. This is a slap in the faces of millions of un-and-under employed Americans. It's just too bad that as a nation, we're lazy and won't take that to the polls.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.