Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
SteelFaithU2

Good or bad idea?

54 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

I'm considering booking my flight and heading back to PHI before I receive my NOA2. I'm expecting to get it sometime this month, maybe even this week, but I don't want to wait any longer and want to just be with my fiance. What is the possible problems I could face by doing so? I figured if we did get a RFE for some reason, I can just leave any or all information USCIS might need with my family member, and they would send it to them or fix any forms that the RFE requests. I can only imagine getting an RFE for something minor, so I don't see why we should suffer any longer and wait.

Any suggestions?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you are towards the end of your petition getting approved (of course we never know for sure when), I would suggest you to stay. In case you get a RFE or get approved, you can response immediately and this might shorten the process in a way.

If you are just at the beginning of the journey, it won't hurt to visit your fiance! :star:

Good luck! :thumbs:


OUR JourneyK103/19/2012 I129F sent (CSC)03/27/2012 NOA 107/24/2012 NOA 2 (123 Days from NOA 1)08/02/2012 NVC (5 days)08/14/2012 Received Packet 3 (22 Days from NOA 2)08/29/2012 Interview & APPROVED!! (159 Days from NOA 1)08/31/2012 K1 visa in Hand!!!!11/07/2012 POE via Chicago11/09/2012 MarriageAOS (Green Card in hand after 4 months and 4 days)11/30/2012 AOS package sent12/07/2012 NOA hard copies received for AOS, EAD & AP12/28/2012 Biometrics appointment02/04/2013 EAD & AP combo card received (approved after 57 days)03/26/2013 Interview04/03/2013 Conditional Green Card received (8 days after interview)*Green Card in hand 12 months 15 days after I129 was sent* ROC01/20/2015 ROC package sent01/21/2015 NOA (Received in mail on 01/26/2015) 02/17/2015 Biometrics appointment 06/18/2015 Approved 06/26/2015 Card received ________________________________________________________________________9hft6b514xjptqer.png[url="http://www.magicalkingdoms.com/timers/"?5v4diae5bqndljpg.png[/url]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like you are near the end, check out similar time lines. It is tough waiting, hang in there. There are no rules on visiting, I would wait so if their is an issue you can respond. Purely personal at this point.


In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i would suggest waiting. one cant be too sure :thumbs:


AOS

10/16/2012 Mailed I-485, I-765, I-131
10/19/2012 NOA1
11/09/2012 Biometrics Apt @ 3pm
12/25/2012 EAD/AP Approval
01/05/2013 Received EAD/AP in mail

06/20/2013 AOS APPROVED!!!!!

LIFTING OF CONDITIONS

3/23/15 Mailed I-751

3/25/15 NOA1

3/28/15 NOA1 Received in the Mail

4/28/15 Biometrics Apt.

11/13/15 ROC Approved

11/18/15 Approval Letter Received

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In a few words...bad idea! We all know it's hard waiting as we have all been there. But waiting is your best course of action. Stick it out, its almost over :)


I-751 file: 11/07/11

NOA1 date: 11/10/11

Biometrics: 11/30/11

Approval: 08/17/12

Hold what you got and maintain.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would go personally. Bring all the information with you. Most people I'm sure would have a good friend or family member who could do anything needed information wise I would imagine. You can set up a Fedex account and then you just give the person your number and it bills to your CC. I'd be over there if I could, I don't feel there's anything of benefit with me being in the US. I shipped my original documents though so I don't know what they would ask for, it's like $20 per document and simple to replace so it didn't make sense for me to copy something that they may request to see later. I almost sent my passport cuz it's about to expire but I do too many last second trips.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would go personally. Bring all the information with you. Most people I'm sure would have a good friend or family member who could do anything needed information wise I would imagine. You can set up a Fedex account and then you just give the person your number and it bills to your CC. I'd be over there if I could, I don't feel there's anything of benefit with me being in the US. I shipped my original documents though so I don't know what they would ask for, it's like $20 per document and simple to replace so it didn't make sense for me to copy something that they may request to see later. I almost sent my passport cuz it's about to expire but I do too many last second trips.

I would go, as well. good.gif What's the worst that can happen? That you receive an RFE and take a few days before you can reply to it... Gather the things she'll need from you at the interview, hop on that plane, create more on going relationship evidence and come back home?

I mean, how long are you planning on staying? Your Timeline estimated that you'd be receiving NOA 2 between Aug 4 and Aug 9... so you should be receiving it soon; but we know VSC is running behind ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like you are near the end, check out similar time lines. It is tough waiting, hang in there. There are no rules on visiting, I would wait so if their is an issue you can respond. Purely personal at this point.

:thumbs: There is no problem in doing it as far as USCIS is concerned, but I agree with waiting since you are close to an approval any day now. Why not wait for NOA2 and be there with her for the interview? This would have more of a benefit anyway. If you can afford it, I say go to the interview. Manila allows for the petitioner to be present.

Edited by ToddnJessa

Our K-1 and AOS Journey

05/12-05/22/10-met my sweetheart and family(had lots of fun!)
12/13-12/26/11-met again for engagement/Christmas
04/10/12-I-129F petition sent
04/13/12-USPS delivery confirmation
04/18/12-NOA1 text/email
04/21/12-NOA1(receipt 04/17/12)
10/10/12-NOA2 text
10/15/12-NOA2 letter received
10/27/12-NVC letter received
11/28/12-Medical Exam-PASSED
12/07/12-K-1 Interview-APPROVED

02/12/13-POE-Atlanta
03/04/13-Wedding
03/27/13-AOS,EAD,AP delivered
04/03/13-NOAs text/email
04/08/13-NOAs received
04/26/13-Biometrics appointment(walk-in done 04/17)

06/03/13-EAD card production/AP post decision approval

06/10/13-EAD/AP combo card received

04/04/14-AOS card production/decision

04/11/14-NOA2 welcome to the USA

04/12/14-Received GC

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Head to the Phils, be with your fiancee....another visit is always good. :thumbs: The weather, well, it will be the Phils in August weather. :devil: It sounds like you have a back-up plan for possible RFE contingencies.

Good luck on your visa journey.


Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

> Almost 2 years of our lives involved with the USCIS/DOS "shuffle" & worth every second of it ! <

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

_______________________

:idea: Read more, post less.... Google can be your friend ! :idea:

Prior apologies if I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Keep your timeline current: http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would go, as well. good.gif What's the worst that can happen? That you receive an RFE and take a few days before you can reply to it... Gather the things she'll need from you at the interview, hop on that plane, create more on going relationship evidence and come back home?

I mean, how long are you planning on staying? Your Timeline estimated that you'd be receiving NOA 2 between Aug 4 and Aug 9... so you should be receiving it soon; but we know VSC is running behind ...

I agree with these folks and go if you can afford. I would. Just leave all your information with a relative that has a scanner etc. While I lived in the RP I took care of many legal and personal items from 8000 miles away.. And............ when I hit the 305mm Powerball tomorrow night I intend on waiting our NOA2 out in Bohol with my fiancee :rofl:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for all the replies everyone, I really appreciate the different opinions because it's a tough choice.

:thumbs: There is no problem in doing it as far as USCIS is concerned, but I agree with waiting since you are close to an approval any day now. Why not wait for NOA2 and be there with her for the interview? This would have more of a benefit anyway. If you can afford it, I say go to the interview. Manila allows for the petitioner to be present.

Well, I'm not planning to come back to the US again unless I'm with her. So my plan was to go there, and wait for an NOA2 or RFE and respond to USCIS from the PHI or have my family member respond for me. My main question is, why couldn't I respond to USCIS from the PHI if I have everything they require? I think the only possible piece of evidence they might request is a "long form" birth certificate, but in my state, the kind of birth certificate I have (laminated card birth card, with a seal on the back) is the only kind of birth certificate anyone has. So other than that, I can't imagine what else they would request from me that I don't have.

So I wanted to just wait for a response from VSC, but I'm not really seeing how waiting here in the US is beneficial anymore compared to being with my love.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm considering booking my flight and heading back to PHI before I receive my NOA2. I'm expecting to get it sometime this month, maybe even this week, but I don't want to wait any longer and want to just be with my fiance. What is the possible problems I could face by doing so? I figured if we did get a RFE for some reason, I can just leave any or all information USCIS might need with my family member, and they would send it to them or fix any forms that the RFE requests. I can only imagine getting an RFE for something minor, so I don't see why we should suffer any longer and wait.

Any suggestions?

Will this have an impact on your continuing income / affidavit of support?


I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Will this have an impact on your continuing income / affidavit of support?

Well, my job approved for me to take a leave of absence and take the time I need to be away to settle our visa affairs and getting my fiance moved here. They also gave me an employment letter I need to show immigration and I have recent pay stubs and a good saving in my account. I've been with this particular job for 3 months, so I don't have any vacation time accumulated yet, so when I take time to go to PHI I wouldn't be getting paid for it, but I still have my full-time position to come back to when we head back to the States. So do you think it would impact my income/affidavit of support?

I called my Congessman's assistant today, and called VSC directly and she told me our case is being worked on by an officer and we should be hearing back from them anytime within 30 days. Does this mean we should be hearing back from VSC within the next couple weeks most likely if it's already in the hands of an officer working on it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, my job approved for me to take a leave of absence and take the time I need to be away to settle our visa affairs and getting my fiance moved here. They also gave me an employment letter I need to show immigration and I have recent pay stubs and a good saving in my account. I've been with this particular job for 3 months, so I don't have any vacation time accumulated yet, so when I take time to go to PHI I wouldn't be getting paid for it, but I still have my full-time position to come back to when we head back to the States. So do you think it would impact my income/affidavit of support?

I called my Congessman's assistant today, and called VSC directly and she told me our case is being worked on by an officer and we should be hearing back from them anytime within 30 days. Does this mean we should be hearing back from VSC within the next couple weeks most likely if it's already in the hands of an officer working on it?

The interviewing officer is the one that has to see your employment / finances as meeting the requirement. The rest of us can only speculate. If it's a new position that fits into an established career history then the LOA may be seen as inconsequential.

The Congressman's office got the standard reply regarding processing. Compare your timeline with that of other members and draw your own conclusions.


I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for all the replies everyone, I really appreciate the different opinions because it's a tough choice.

Well, I'm not planning to come back to the US again unless I'm with her. So my plan was to go there, and wait for an NOA2 or RFE and respond to USCIS from the PHI or have my family member respond for me. My main question is, why couldn't I respond to USCIS from the PHI if I have everything they require? I think the only possible piece of evidence they might request is a "long form" birth certificate, but in my state, the kind of birth certificate I have (laminated card birth card, with a seal on the back) is the only kind of birth certificate anyone has. So other than that, I can't imagine what else they would request from me that I don't have.

So I wanted to just wait for a response from VSC, but I'm not really seeing how waiting here in the US is beneficial anymore compared to being with my love.

Because the interview is more important than NOA2. Being that you have no plans to return here unless you are with her, this adds even more to the perspective. From the original post, I was thinking you were going for a visit. I guess it doesn't really matter WHEN you go if you have no plans of returning without her. If you can afford to leave now, stay as long as it takes to be at the interview, and return with her without problems, I'd say, "go for it!" If you were just planning to visit her for a short period of time simply because you wanted to, and you are just too anxious to wait any longer, I would encourage to be there for the interview. Either way, it would be more beneficial to be there for her interview than not in most cases.


Our K-1 and AOS Journey

05/12-05/22/10-met my sweetheart and family(had lots of fun!)
12/13-12/26/11-met again for engagement/Christmas
04/10/12-I-129F petition sent
04/13/12-USPS delivery confirmation
04/18/12-NOA1 text/email
04/21/12-NOA1(receipt 04/17/12)
10/10/12-NOA2 text
10/15/12-NOA2 letter received
10/27/12-NVC letter received
11/28/12-Medical Exam-PASSED
12/07/12-K-1 Interview-APPROVED

02/12/13-POE-Atlanta
03/04/13-Wedding
03/27/13-AOS,EAD,AP delivered
04/03/13-NOAs text/email
04/08/13-NOAs received
04/26/13-Biometrics appointment(walk-in done 04/17)

06/03/13-EAD card production/AP post decision approval

06/10/13-EAD/AP combo card received

04/04/14-AOS card production/decision

04/11/14-NOA2 welcome to the USA

04/12/14-Received GC

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×