mrsGORE

Militray uniform on the day of interview:-)

45 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

do you think its a good idea if my husband will be in his army uniform on the day of our interview??? :unsure:

Adjusting from B2,married to my U.S army husband:-)

March 17-married in Las Vegas
June 11-AOS sent
June 13-touched
June 15-NOA1
June 26-Notice for Biometric
June 29-RFE notice(2011 tax)
July 09-Biometric 1:00 pm at Buena Park,CA
July 11-RFE sent
July 12-Notice I-30 transferred from CSC to NBC
July 16-Response Review
July 20-email saying I-30 transferred to USCIS office
Aug 07-recieved email for interview (Sept 10,2012)
Au9 09-interview letter in the mail at Santa Ana@10:30am
Aug 15-EAD card production
Aug 23-EAD card in hand
Sept 10-Interview Day-APPROVED ON THE SPOT..thank You God:-)
Nov 6-After info pass and Service request finally it updated to DECISION.....
Nov 9-Card Production
Nov 15-Green card in hand:-)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Finland
Timeline

The interviewer will have the information available that he is active duty, so in that sense I don't know how much more emphasis you want to put on that fact by having him wear the uniform. I guess it can't hurt your case, but I might advise my husband against it... Unless I was worried for some reason. If him wearing it will give you a better peace of mind, go for it. Good luck!

I-130 filed September 20th, 2011

NOA-1 September 26th, 2011

NOA-2 March 20th, 2012

NVC Case # April 12th, 2012

Mailed DS-3032 April 14th, 2012

AOS fee shown as PAID April 18th, 2012

Mailed DS-3032 AGAIN April 20th, 2012 (no word on the previous one...)

Expedite request sent May 2nd, 2012

Expedite approved May 8th, case transferred to Helsinki Embassy!

Medical June 5th, 2012

Interview July 2nd, 2012 - APPROVED!

Visa in hand July 10th, 2012

POE August 23rd, Chicago O'Hare

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

There ae rules about the "use" of your military uniform. It is best if he doesn't try wearing it to influence an interview at a government office. It might be seen as the misuse of his uniform and get him into trouble.

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Filed: Timeline

There ae rules about the "use" of your military uniform. It is best if he doesn't try wearing it to influence an interview at a government office. It might be seen as the misuse of his uniform and get him into trouble.

Not true! You can wear it to the interview if he wants. It won't be a 'misuse' (never heard of that b/c people even go out in theirs on weekends!) It's a government official agengcy!

I personally would not want anymore attention than I already have on me when in the PI. It makes him a target and sticks out. Is he stationed in the PI or just visiting?

For our Full timeline

event.png

Removal of conditions Journey

16 March 2012 Sent I-751 package from Aviano AB, Italy.

29 March 2012 Received everything back...wrong fee. thought we didn't have to pay biometrics since we were sending fingerprint cards and passport photos.

30 March 2012 Sent everything out again from Aviano AB, Italy.

10 April 2012 Check cashed

17 April 2012 Received NOA1 dated 6 April.

06 Dec 2012 Received 10 yr green card. Letter said it was approved 28 November 2012.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

If it's his duty at such time and in Manila base station then its okay but without duty then he will just let himself be a target of hatred for some people who are against American influence, those people you see in the news holding such protest streamers against Balikatan infront of US Embassy.Well, it depends upon you which you prefer, I think having as well your beloved in uniform boost up confidence in You during the Interview.

01/09/2012 - Sent to TSC

01/10/2012 - Received by TSC, transferred to VSC

01/13/2012 - check cleared bank and email from USCIS

01/17/2012 - NOA from VSC Receipt # notice no case #

do you think its a good idea if my husband will be in his army uniform on the day of our interview??? :unsure:

Soldiers traveling on Air Mobility Command (AMC) and non-AMC flights on permanent change of station (PCS) orders, temporary duty (TDY), emergency leave, or space-available flights, are authorized to wear civilian clothes. Soldiers must ensure clothing worn is appropriate for the occasion and reflects positively on the Army. Travel to certain countries requires wear of civilian clothing.

Wearing Army uniforms is prohibited in the following situations:

(1) In connection with the furtherance of any political or commercial interests, or when engaged in off-duty civilian employment.

(2) When participating in public speeches, interviews, picket lines, marches, rallies, or public demonstrations, except as authorized by competent authority.

(3) When attending any meeting or event that is a function of, or is sponsored by, an extremist organization.

(4) When wearing the uniform would bring discredit upon the Army.

(5) When specifically prohibited by Army regulations.

Our Time Line
---------------------------
CR-1/CR-2

USCIS Stage: (13 DAYS)
Apr 15, 2012 - Filed I-130 ($420 x2)
Apr 19, 2012 - NOA-1
May 2, 2012 - NOA-2

NVC STAGE: (56 DAYS)
05/21/12 - Case finally entered into NVC system
05/25/12 - Received case #, IIN, and BIN, gave e-mail addresses, sent optin e-mail
05/25/12 - Received info package and AOS bill e-mails from NVC
05/25/12 - AOS bill invoiced & paid ($88)
05/29/12 - AOS bill appears as PAID
06/01/12 - IV Bill Invoiced & PAID ($230 x2)
06/04/12 - IV Bill Shows PAID
06/15/12 - AOS & IV Packages sent
07/02/12 - RFE email received
07/06/12 - Sent NSO copy of MC and BC
07/16/12 - Case Complete (2nd Wedding Anniversary)
08/01/12 - Interview Date Assigned -->>>>(Sept.5, 2012@ 6:15am)

Medical/CFO / Consulate / POE:
08/29/2012-------- Medical Exam: PASSED
08/30/2012 ---------Advance CFO @SMEF-COW
09/05/2012-------- Interview: VISA APPROVED!!!!

09/11/2012 ------- VISA RECEIVED!
10/02/2012 -------- POE = Honolulu, Hawaii
Welcome to Hawaii

10/18/2012 - received 10yr. GC & SSN#

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

When we got married in Las Vegas he wore his uniform...were here in Los Angeles he's stationed her for recruiting till 2014....

thanks for all the reply

Adjusting from B2,married to my U.S army husband:-)

March 17-married in Las Vegas
June 11-AOS sent
June 13-touched
June 15-NOA1
June 26-Notice for Biometric
June 29-RFE notice(2011 tax)
July 09-Biometric 1:00 pm at Buena Park,CA
July 11-RFE sent
July 12-Notice I-30 transferred from CSC to NBC
July 16-Response Review
July 20-email saying I-30 transferred to USCIS office
Aug 07-recieved email for interview (Sept 10,2012)
Au9 09-interview letter in the mail at Santa Ana@10:30am
Aug 15-EAD card production
Aug 23-EAD card in hand
Sept 10-Interview Day-APPROVED ON THE SPOT..thank You God:-)
Nov 6-After info pass and Service request finally it updated to DECISION.....
Nov 9-Card Production
Nov 15-Green card in hand:-)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

at an AOS interview? I'd worry he'd be skiving,

as IN the uniform, he's on active duty.

What possible command presence is he having, at a USCIS office ?

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

stateside yea its possible to a point but not considered on duty so unauthorized according to AR-670-1 (ARMY) or similar branch of the military

Edited by LeRoY DrAgOn

Our Time Line

IR-1/IR-2

--------------

USCIS Stage: (13 days) Military Expedite

NVC Stage: (56 days) Normal Processing

Medical / Consulate / POE:(14 days)

08/29/2012-------- Medical Exam (She Passed)

09/05/2012-------- Wife's Interview: Approved

09/11/2012 ------- VISA RECEIVED!

10/02/2012 -------- POE = Honolulu, Hawaii

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

I don't know what branch he is in but there are regulations regarding wearing military uniforms.

By Army regulations,you are not permitted to wear it when not on official Army business, or when not on duty as per AR 670-1 and the accompanying memorandum regarding ACU's. He should address this with his Unit Commander.

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

K1 Guides and Info

K1 AOS Guide

Link for Rio de Janeiro Consulate's instructions for K1 Visas. They give you this link instead of a packet 3. Everything you need for interview in Rio is here. Boa Sorte

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Romania
Timeline

I would think it is in bad taste and I would react negatively to it. But then again, I am not American and into patriotism, nor am I an immigration officer.

USCIS [*] 22 Nov. 2011 - I-129 package sent; [*] 25 Nov. 2011 - Package delivered; [*] 25 Nov. 2011 - NOA1/petition received and routed to the California Service Center; [*] 30 Nov. 2011 - Touched/confirmation though text message and email; [*] 03 Dec. 2011 - Hard copy received; [*]24 April 2012 - NOA2 (no RFEs)/text message/email/USCIS account updated; [*] 27 April 2012 - NOA2 hard copy received.

NVC [*] 14 May 2012 - Petition received by NVC ; [*] 16 May 2012 - Petition left NVC.

EMBASSY [*] 18 May 2012 - Petition arrived at the US Embassy in Bucharest; [*] 22 May 2012 - Package 3 received; [*] 24 May 2012 - Package sent to the consulate, interview date set; [*] 14 June 2012 - Interview date, approved.

POE [*] 04 July 2012 - Minneapolis/St.Paul. [*] 16 September 2012 - Wedding Day!

AOS/EAD/AP [*] 04 February 2013 - AOS/EAD/AP package sent; [*] 07 February 2013 - AOS/EAD/AP package delivered; [*] 12 February 2013 - NOA1 text messages/emails; [*] 16 February 2013 - NOA1 received in the regular mail; [*] 28 February 2013 - Biometrics letter received (appointment date, March 8th); [*] 04 March 2013 - Biometrics walk-in completed (9 out of 10 fingerprints taken, pinky would not give in); [*] 04 April 2013 - EAD/AP card approved; [*] 11 April 2013 - Combo card sent/tracking number obtained; [*] 15 April 2013 - Card delivered.

[*] 15 May 2013 - Moved from MN to LA; [*] 17 May 2013 - Applied for a new SS card/filed an AR-11 online (unsuccessfully), therefore called and spoke to a Tier 2 and changed the address; [*] 22 May 2013 - Address updated on My Case Status (finally can see the case numbers online); [*] 28 May 2013 - Letter received in the mail confirming the change of address; [*] 31 July 2013 - Went to Romania; [*] 12 September 2013 - returned to the US using the AP, POE Houston, everything went smoothly; [*] 20 September 2013 - Spoke to a Tier2 and put in a service request; [*] 23 September 2013 - Got "Possible Interview Waiver" letter (originally sent on August, 29th to my old address, returned and re-routed to my current address); [*] 1 October 2013 - Started a new job.

event.png

Trying to get the word out about our struggles:

http://voices.yahoo.com/almost-legal-citizen-but-not-quite-12155565.html?cat=9

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.