53 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Wow, never heard of Viber before...I would be ashamed to confess how much I spend each month on long distance calls....

I hear you my friend. I tallied up that number about a week ago and lost all blood flow going to my brain lol. It becomes and ungodly amount.

Also if you purchase or the other party has a Magic Jack ...google it.. it costs 26.99 per year,

and then I can call my wife USA/Philippines, just like it is in my own area code here...a (904) xxx-xxxx

It works thru the internet, so it must be up and working, which in the south PH sometimes it isn't !!

But its one of the lowest cost ways to keep in touch. I can dial it from any phone, not just my home phone.

On their web site, it say one way calling, but that just means party to party...only to her house, but I can be

anywhere calling.

Filed: Country: Belarus
Timeline

Good Evening Everyone,

I was feeling a little down today and I thought I could express my self a little on here. Seeing as most of you have found yourselves in similar situations, I thought I could write a little bit here to remind other people (and myself) that we are not alone. I am really missing my wife these days. We were married on 12/9/2011 and I have only seen her a total of 32 days since we first met in June of last year. We are in the final stages of the visa process as I just sent the actual Visa application on 8/2. I guess I'm just feeling very lonely today and missing my wife terribly. I hope anyone else out there who finds themselves in same circumstances that the process goes quickly and well for you. Wishing you all the best of luck. Goodnight and Good Luck.

Joe Kwa

I got married in may to my gal from Belarus. She's also having our first child perhaps next week. I can not make it because of my work, but I'm going to fly out there in September for 15 days (not long enough to spend time with the wife and a new born baby girl to be). I seen my (now wife) altogether since we met up in Paris 56 days (but dating since Febuary of 20011). Although we know we're a team and we have a very strong emotional connection, nothing can take the place of being around them physically. It's hard at times, but we both look at the end of this journey rather than worrying about what happens day to day. The most important thing is stay emotionally connected through the times your talk to her. Sometimes y'all might not have nothing to talk about, or your minds blank, but try to stay emotional with each other. Yes, we all going through this and VJ is a good place for support group. YOUR NOT ALONE BROTHA !!!!

Filed: Country: Belarus
Timeline

Thank you and best of luck and many blessings for you too...

And Viber is what we use on our iphones to call internationally without FEES!!!! NO LONG DISTANCE... we can talk, send texts and pictures!!!! :D:dance:

Is viber like Skype on IPhone? Because I'm looking at it right now and it looks exactly the same. How this viber works on IPhone? Like skype does? Internet??

I understand you completely Joe. I have been holding off and haven't seen my wife since February. I have been trying to get things ready for when the process starts to wrap up and have been holding off traveling in order to save money but I'm about to take a quick trip soon I think. At least you are far ahead in the process. I sent my i130 around same time as you and still don't have a response. They have been sitting on my case it seems but were real quick about cashing the checks sent with the i130. INCREDIBLE>.

USCIS

02-08-2012 -- Married

02-22-2012 -- I-130 sent(separately for wife and stepdaughters)

02-27-2012 -- Received NOA1 email for all 3 i130s

02-29-2012 -- Touched

03-05-2012 -- I-130 NOA1 physically received in the mail

09-17-2012 -- I-130 NOA2 approved

NVC

09-24-2012 -- NVC received

09-25-2012 -- Case # received; Exchanged emails; IIN # received

09-27-2012 -- DS-3032 sent via email

09-27-2012 -- Received DS-3032 and AOS bill via emails

09-29-2012 -- AOS fee paid online

10-08-2012 -- DS-3032 accepted; AOS status: PAID

10-24-2012 -- AOS mailed

10-15-2012 -- Received IV bill via email

11-30-2012 -- IV fee paid online

12-03-2012 -- IV status: PAID

12-05-2012 -- IV mailed

11-13-2012 -- AOS reviewed

12-19-2012 -- Case completed

03-01-2013 -- Interview date assigned

U.S. Embassy

02-15-2013 -- Medical checkup

03-01-2013 -- Interview; Result:APPROVED

03-07-2013 -- Visa received

06-13-2013 -- $165 Immigrant Visa Fee PAID

06-15-2013 -- POE

i751 Removal of Conditions

Vermont Service Center

03-17-2015 -- Received

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

My husband and I will celebrate our 3rd wedding anniversary on August 7th and we still don't have our visa after almost 3 years of trying. I miss him so much. Due to extreme power outages in his area of Pakistan, this summer, I'm only seeing him on skype for 30 minutes a day. What we have been through with immigration is both a sin and a shame but we love each other so we will continue to be together and fight for our visa. The last time I visited him was June 2011 and I stayed for almost 3 months. Every time he had to leave to go somewhere it was like a knife was stuck in my heart. I pray that the next time I see him I never have to be apart from him again.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

We use 'Whats App', its like viber but not, we can't call through it, but we can record 3 minute voice messages to send, its almost like having a conversation (I got 5 x 3 minutes messages in a row on Friday night about what my cat was doing :huh::lol: ) , and so much easier to keep in touch when we are both busy.

N400

08 Mar 20: N400 filed online

14 Mar 20: Biometrics scheduled for 31 March - cancelled due to Covid19 shutdown.  

16 Dec 20: Biometrics

12 Feb 21: Interview (approved)

24 Feb 21: Oath Ceremony

ROC

31 Jul 15: ROC (I-751) sent

19 Jan 16: Greencard received

AOS

26 Feb 13: AOS (I-485, I-131, I-765) sent

06 Mar 13: NOA1's received

03 Apr 13: Biometrics completed

12 Sept 13: Interview - Memphis, approved!

Sept 13: Greencard received.

California Service Centre

17 May 12: I-129f sent

23 May 12: NOA1

20 Aug 12: NOA2 (89 days)

20 Nov 12: Interview in Sydney

29 Nov 12: Visa Issued

05 Dec 12: POE Honolulu

20 Dec 12: Wedding day

Filed: Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline

I too can relate....soooo missing my sweet Faisal! With the time difference and work schedules it makes it very difficult at times to Skype. And then the battles with phone reception and expensive international calling rates, ugh! For the most part we have good reception but today was horrible, I called him 4 times and could not get a good connection nor could he. So definately gonna check out Viber & Whats App (thank you fellow vj'ers!) It does help to have the support of this website. I pray God speed and favor for your wife & you to be together SOON! Know that she is missing you as well. Peace & strength be with you both and remember the end results will be wonderful and beautiful of being together....stay stong!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Is viber like Skype on IPhone? Because I'm looking at it right now and it looks exactly the same. How this viber works on IPhone? Like skype does? Internet??

you dont have to log into it, and you cant do face to face chat its like a regular phone but you can use the app to call free internationally and instant message and send pics

10/02/2010 Nikah/Marriage in Karachi
USCIS JOURNEY
11/10/2010 -Sent
03/24/2011 i 130 approved!!!
NVC JOURNEY
03/30/2011 NVC received case-04/07/2011 NVC Case Number Assigned
05/03/2011 CASE COMPLETE- In Que for INTERVIEW!!-05/17/2011 Received interview letter and info via email
EMBASSY JOURNEY
05/20/2011 Medical Appt/passed
06/15/2011 Interview result AP
06/21/2011 Submitted requested docs..under review
07/25/2011 CO called did phone interview result: PENDING MANDATORY AP/CO told us they have to do namechecks

03/07/2013 Case returned to USCIS waiting for NOIR/reaffirmation

04/18/2013 USCIS received case for review

08/19/2013 Received NOIR to respond by 9/18/2013

9/9/2013 Responded to NOIR/USCIS received documents awaiting response

9/20/2013 USCIS reaffirmed sent to embassy

1/04/14 Case opened for review

8/31/15 Interview- no questions visa approved on the spot

9/8/15 visa status issued

9/10/15 visa received

9/19/15 POE Charlotte

p9WGm4.png

hey Joe,

I miss my husband alot too..he was with me two and a half months back and then returened back to US. I have my first wedding anniversary next month and I am just hoping to get my visa this month end so that we can celebrate our first anniversary together.....otherwise I will be sad alot..skype and other days are gud but those cant fillout the missing big days that should hav celebrated with your beloved...stay blessed..:)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

Hi Everyone,

I have a couple of suggestions but first Viber and Skype are both available for Iphone and Android phones BUT your significant other has to have the same phone like phone and services in their country to use it. Also heads up on Frontier if you call a landline phone you can have 500 minutes for 24.99 to most countries also I have Tmobile and added for 15.00 unlimited international texting and and minutes to landline phones to Jordan but again this will apply to most countries. The operative word being LANDLINE phones!

Joe, my heart goes out to and the rest who have posted here it is heartbreaking to be away from loved ones and I truly believe all those hours we skype, viber, text, email, and phone calls gives us the time to truly know each other and building strong relationship to build on a future together. So be strong in the scheme of things this is just a short time in what will be a long and happy life for all of us, insha'Allah. HUGS!!!

I was feeling the exact same way yesterday, so disheartened by this entire situation :crying: . I know there are couples who have been at this waiting game longer than we have (4 months now) but it definitely is not easy. Especially when you dont know whats going on with your case, is it being worked on, is it just sitting on someones desk gathering dust, anything! Hubby and I email, text, call, and whatsapp as much as we can, both of us have quite hectic jobs so we dont have time on our sides but do what we can. I know the US government have their reasons for the length of time it takes with these petitions but it just isnt right for husband and wife to be seperated like this for so long. We're not all sitting with wadds of cash in the bank to fly thousands and thousands of miles to see our loved one every 2 weeks. I truly truly pray all of us are with our families soon.

Stay strong, know youre not alone, and this isnt forever.

God Bless

Happy Monday :star:

Edited by Mrs Sterling

guyne8c.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.