Danno

Danno went to Chick-Fil-A

262 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline

I am watching the late news here and they are covering our chik fil-a day. People must have heard there were news cameras and wanted their 15min :lol:

Incidentally....why a same sex kiss day??? Heteros don't get a special day????? My rights are infringed upon :bonk:

I ate at Chik Fil-A before this ####### and I'll eat if I choose to after this #######.

I don't care who's eating a chicken sandwich or kissing their gay lover. But at least it takes our minds off the economy right? :yes:

Read through the commentary and you'll see all the different things that Obama said through the years. Even in 1996.

Even if I were to go with your premise, I can't see the harm in someone's opinion changing. That's what happens to us as we grow older and experience life. When I was young, there was no "acceptance" of homosexuality. People hid it like crazy. And we made jokes of people who acted "#######". My perspective of homosexuality has certainly changed through the years.

I'm not saying any of that as some "excuse" for a politician saying something different than what they did 8 years ago. I'm just saying that people's opinions and views do change.

I have no problem with his opinion changing either. My point is that he held, or at least said he held, the exact same views as Dan Cathy for over 8 years and there was no outrage by anybody. Mayors in Boston, Chicago, and San Francisco are condemning Dan Cathy and Chick-fil-A. Why didn't they feel the same way when it was Barack Obama?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

I have no problem with his opinion changing either. My point is that he held, or at least said he held, the exact same views as Dan Cathy for over 8 years and there was no outrage by anybody. Mayors in Boston, Chicago, and San Francisco are condemning Dan Cathy and Chick-fil-A. Why didn't they feel the same way when it was Barack Obama?

Election Year?

You can click on the 'X' to the right to ignore this signature.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

And as far as I know Hillary has not repented yet from her "bigoted" views, if Chick-fil-a is not fit to serve sandwiches how is she Sec. of State?

--------------------

"I do not support gay marriage. Marriage has religious and social connotations, and I consider marriage to be between a man and a woman." – Barack Obama

"Marriage has got historic, religious and moral content that goes back to the beginning of time, and I think a marriage is as a marriage always has been, between a man and a woman." – Hillary Clinton

type2homophobia_zpsf8eddc83.jpg

"Those people who will not be governed by God

will be ruled by tyrants."

William Penn

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

That's not accurate. The gay activists were not happy when Obama said that, and they let him know. However, this CEO is not running for public office. He's representing a fast food chain. So, while ordinary citizens can't vote him out, they can send a message by choosing not to patronize the restaurant. While I don't think a boycott is the right way to address his political statement, those who made a point to support CFA because of his opinion are being no less political.

Timeline

That's not accurate. The gay activists were not happy when Obama said that, and they let him know. However, this CEO is not running for public office. He's representing a fast food chain. So, while ordinary citizens can't vote him out, they can send a message by choosing not to patronize the restaurant. While I don't think a boycott is the right way to address his political statement, those who made a point to support CFA because of his opinion are being no less political.

Hang on, let me get this straight.

The anti-marriage crowd holds a private citizen to a higher level of accountability than an elected official? huh?

William Penn

Timeline

The anti-marriage crowd holds a private citizen to a higher level of accountability than an elected official? huh?

You don't have it straight, Danno. I don't think you ever do which in of itself is ironic.

Timeline

You don't have it straight, Danno. I don't think you ever do which in of itself is ironic.

Well help me out here... why is it when those on their political team share the same veiws as the CHick-fil-a guys they get the pass?

How come Those mayors welcome Muslim businesses .... it's only when a Christian asnswers the question that they suddenly get outraged..... that he doesn't support illegal activity?

William Penn

Timeline

Well help me out here... why is it when those on their political team share the same veiws as the CHick-fil-a guys they get the pass?

How come Those mayors welcome Muslim businesses .... it's only when a Christian asnswers the question that they suddenly get outraged..... that he doesn't support illegal activity?

I can't help you out with your lack of comprehension skills.

Timeline

I can't help you out with your lack of comprehension skills.

You're duckin again..... come'on you have an opinion thats cool now "articulate" it and for once you might convince someone.

William Penn

Timeline

People from all angles are trying to make a political statement and its reached a.level of nonsense. However, the CEO or COO should have known that he was making a political statement by making his views public, and there would be ramifications to his business. He in effect, drew the first line in the sand. Do I really care if he's anti-gay or believes in the Tooth Fairy? No. Does it bother me that gay activists are boycotting CFA? Nope. Do I find it ironic that those who came out to support him for having an opinion don't think they are being political? Yep.

The boycotts pro or con are not the biggest issue to most. To most it is elected Govt officials trying use their power as elected officials to shut down the restaurants. There are many like me, who generally support gay rights, who are fervently supporting Chick-fil-A, because of free speech issues.

Yet another Liberal Politico uses their influence to call for a ban on Chick-Fil-A

mash here

People from all angles are trying to make a political statement and its reached a.level of nonsense. However, the CEO or COO should have known that he was making a political statement by making his views public, and there would be ramifications to his business. He in effect, drew the first line in the sand. Do I really care if he's anti-gay or believes in the Tooth Fairy? No. Does it bother me that gay activists are boycotting CFA? Nope. Do I find it ironic that those who came out to support him for having an opinion don't think they are being political? Yep.

Does it bother you that elected Gov't officials are trying to use the power of the office to have Chick-Fil_a banned from their areas ? Also I am supporting Chick-fil-A and I know it's a political statement. What makes you think we think it is not ?

This is about freedom of speech without fear of Govt reprisal.

I was about to say.. Someone has it backwards.