Saylin

NVC Filers - August 2012

982 posts in this topic

Timeline

I have been following the threads, timelines and information on this websites, I want to say thanks to everyone for their contributions. I learnt alot. To saylin, thank you for all your inputs and knowledge. I got a Case complete at NVC 8/8/12 and I give all glory to God for his mercies. I am so excited, and cant wait to be reunited with my husband. Thank you all.

Congratulations!

yes, after reading into the instuctions I guess you are right. but they could of made the instructions more clear that if you are self-employed and provide a tax transcript you do NOT send in a copy of the 1099 or 1040 schedules. You have to be a detective and figure it out for youself.

glad to help! And yes, I wish they were more clear too, it would save us all a lot of headaches!

I had prepared the AOS today. I am self employed and have included tax transcripts as I see it includes schedule C and D etc. Now I am confused. Do we need to submit tax returns or not?

just submit the tax transcripts and proof of current income. :)

Me and My Mexican Hubby...

2009 Met in Mexico and got engaged

2010 I moved to Mexico and got married

2012 I moved back to U.S. by myself to work and send i-130 petition for him.

June 25th, 2012 - our 2-year wedding anniversary!

USCIS - I-130

24 FEB 2012 - NOA1

11 JUN 2012 - NOA2

NVC - MEP

2 JUL 2012 - Case Received at NVC

19 JUL 2012 - Case number, IIN and Beneficiary ID received, gave e-mail addresses!

23 JUL 2012 - Was able to log in and fill out the DS-261 and I made myself the agent! I also stated that I was assisting the beneficiary ( since I signed in as him )

24 JUL 2012 AOS fee available and paid through the payment portal - direct deposit

25 JUL 2012 AOS fee shown as paid!! I-864 package e-mailed to NVCelectronic@state.gov

01 AUG 2012 IV Bill Invoiced and paid

02 AUG 2012 IV Bill shown as paid and DS-260 completed and documents sent!

08 AUG 2012 RFE! :crying: sent passport photos wrong, so re-sent!

15 AUG 2012 case COMPLETE!!! Yay!!

13 SEP 2012 Received Interview Date! OCT. 5th!

20 SEP 2012 Scheduled ASC appointment by calling 7034392313. Two days earlier I logged into the website but it said there were no appointments available. But when I called, they scheduled an appointment for me. :)

Thanks for all of your help! You are wonderful!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Ok will submit tax transcripts. If they need additional proof of current income, will the NVC issue some kind of a RFE or at the time of interview my spouse will be rejected?

current income never, ever, is reflected in tax transcripts.

what are you smoking? can share ?

seriously - you've skipped a year.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

I have been following the threads, timelines and information on this websites, I want to say thanks to everyone for their contributions. I learnt alot. To saylin, thank you for all your inputs and knowledge. I got a Case complete at NVC 8/8/12 and I give all glory to God for his mercies. I am so excited, and cant wait to be reunited with my husband. Thank you all.

Grats on your recent case complete! kicking.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

current income never, ever, is reflected in tax transcripts.

what are you smoking? can share ?

seriously - you've skipped a year.

You see I am self employed so I don't have pay stub etc. I am including my business checking account statements for the last 6 months, to prove income. I am wondering if this is not acceptable proof, what will happen?

Submitted my police check today (Sydney). I will have the AOS/IV packet fully completed at the end of the week..

..though what use is that until the NVC has received/allocated a case number :P

[NVC]

08/AUG/2012 : Case arrived at NVC.

24/AUG/2012 : NVC Case Number received.

24/AUG/2012 : DS-3032 Emailed.

05/SEP/2012 : AOS Invoiced, DS-3032 received.

05/SEP/2012 : DS-3032 accepted.

06/SEP/2012 : IV Invoiced.

07/SEP/2012 : AOS and IV appear PAID.

10/SEP/2012 : AOS and IV packets mailed via UPS.

12/SEP/2012 : NVC received AOS and IV packets via UPS.

21/SEP/2012 : RFE (Birth Certificate. Notarized copy not accepted).

24/SEP/2012 : NVC received Birth Certificate (provided by Registry Office).

03/OCT/2012 : Case complete.

But once they do you can fly through NVC, just double check your papers for now to avoid any silly RFE's

When you are in love life becomes an adventure... Chase it live it dream it and follow it where ever it takes you
s8Com4.png
08/02/2011 - Married in Merida.....................................................07/19/2012 - ASC Merida, Yucatan (DONE!)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
11/28/2011 - I-130 Sent...............................................................08/07/2012 - Medical (DONE!)0
11/29/2011 - I-130 NOA-1...........................................................08/09/2012 - Interview Approved!! (253 Days)

04/27/2012 - I-130 NOA-2 (149 Days)........................................08/14/2012 - Visa On Hand (4 Days)
05/11/2012 - NVC Received.......................................................08/17/2012 - POE MIA (260 Days TOTAL)

05/11/2012 - NVC Received.......................................................05/28/2014 - Sent I-751 ROC Package

05/29/2012 - Case Number and IIN Assigned............................05/30/2014 - I-751Reciept Notice

05/30/2012 - Gave Email Addreses to the NVC.........................06/27/2014 - Biometrics
06/04/2012 - Sent DS-261
06/05/2012 - Paid AOS Bill
06/12/2012 - Sent AOS Package
06/13/2012 - Paid IV Bill
06/15/2012 - AOS Checklist (OUCH!)
06/16/2012 - Completed DS-260 and Submitted IV Package
06/19/2012 - Checklist Response
06/21/2012 - Case Complete (42 Days)
06/22/2012 - Interview Set
----------------------------------

Submitted my police check today (Sydney). I will have the AOS/IV packet fully completed at the end of the week..

..though what use is that until the NVC has received/allocated a case number :P

It's very useful cause once you can submit the packages, you can right away as you prepared ahead of time (in which you get star_smile.gifstar_smile.gifstar_smile.gifstar_smile.gifstar_smile.gif). While you're waiting for that case number, go over those packages every single day to make sure everything is filled out (and correctly) and there. Have others go over it to make sure everything is filled out (and as correct as they know). Having a fresh set of eyes look at your paperwork will help a lot.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Thanks to everyone here! The NVC operator told us Friday our case has been completed on Thursday . We never received email though saying that! We are happy though yet so nervous now! Can,t wait for an interview date! But thanks to everyone here

Filed: Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I have been reading and came up with a few question. Are tax transcripts better then copies of my taxes?

I am self employed What do I need to send for my I-864?

Just Sayin you can update your spread sheet for me...NVC got my packet on July 30. Thanks, Phil :thumbs:

USCIS:

03/29/2012 - I-130 Sent

04/1/2012 - NOA1 Received

06/25/2012 - NOA2 Received (88 Days)

NVC:

07/31/2012 - Case arrived at NVC (36 Days from USCIS to NVC)

08/16/2012 - Received case #, IIN, gave e-mail addresses

08/18/2012 - E-mailed DS-3032

08/23/2012 - AOS bill invoiced & PAID

08/27/2012 - AOS bill appears as PAID

08/24/2012 - AOS Package sent

08/XX/2012 - AOS/I-864 accepted

08/23/2012 - DS-3032 accepted

08/28/2012 - IV bill invoiced & PAID

08/30/2012 - IV bill appears as PAID

08/28/2012 - IV Package sent

09/07/2012 - REF Forgot bar code cover sheet in AOS packet

09/08/2012 - Mailed REF will be there Monday Sept.10th

09/25/2012 - Case Complete

10/30/2012 - Medical in Kyiv....All good

11/27/2012 - Interview date

In AP.

01/15/2013- Call from Emb####

02/20/2013 -Denied

04/18/2013- Application sent to State Department.

08/23/2013- Talked to USCIS the application is back at USCIS and "might" review it by December.....

08/23/2013- Pissed off.

03/14/2014- Recivied notice from USCIS. Reply due 04/16/14

04/12/2014- Reply mailed 300+ pages.

04/23/2014- Reply from USCIS they received the packet.

07/07/2014- Called my Congressman to check on progress.

07/08/2014- Got a call back from Congressman aid "USCIS is working on it".

07/09/2014- Got email from USCIS that my address change had gone through. I never requested an address change. Call Congressman and USCIS. Was an error an no address change...

07/10/2014- Received email from USCIS. We are approved again. I think the call to my Congressman helped.

08/04/2014- Application received from USCIS and forwarded to Kyiv.

08/19/2014- Interview Sept.19,2014

09/19/2014- Interview Approved.

Timeline

yes

all pages of transcript

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

You see I am self employed so I don't have pay stub etc. I am including my business checking account statements for the last 6 months, to prove income. I am wondering if this is not acceptable proof, what will happen?

ok. so, you didn't 'catch' the difference.

prior years are recorded on tax returns.

current annual income IS NOT, as a tax year has not occurred.

what's up ?

While you're waiting for that case number, go over those packages every single day to make sure everything is filled out (and correctly) and there.

Will do. Speaking of the case number.. does it HAVE to be the petitioner who does the calling? Since my wife and I are both in AU, it's not easy to call with the time difference. I have the ability to call each morning from work whereas it will be very difficult for my wife to do so..

My wife and I also handed in notice to finish work on November 16th :) While we know we can't be sure exactly when we are going to have the Visa in hand, we can afford to be without work for the overlap if it occurs.

We can spend some time at my parents before we move. They live at the beach, and it will be the start of summer. My employer was happy I gave him so much notice.. might be able to get a transfer out of all this which would make life easier..!

[NVC]

08/AUG/2012 : Case arrived at NVC.

24/AUG/2012 : NVC Case Number received.

24/AUG/2012 : DS-3032 Emailed.

05/SEP/2012 : AOS Invoiced, DS-3032 received.

05/SEP/2012 : DS-3032 accepted.

06/SEP/2012 : IV Invoiced.

07/SEP/2012 : AOS and IV appear PAID.

10/SEP/2012 : AOS and IV packets mailed via UPS.

12/SEP/2012 : NVC received AOS and IV packets via UPS.

21/SEP/2012 : RFE (Birth Certificate. Notarized copy not accepted).

24/SEP/2012 : NVC received Birth Certificate (provided by Registry Office).

03/OCT/2012 : Case complete.

Timeline

Ok, for the i-864 package, you need:

i-864 cover letter - the NVC will e-mail this to you

I-864 form signed by sponsor (petitioner)

Proof of citizenship of sponsor - birth certificate (go ahead and order certified copies from your state because you'll want to keep extra copies handy. Go to your birth state's webpage for more info about ordering certified copies.

Tax return transcript from 2011 - you can submit tax transcripts for 2011, 2010, and 2009 IF YOU WISH

Proof of current income - in the i-864 it asks your expected income for 2012. So provide proof of this estimate. I provided copies of my checks (I was paid monthly so there were only 7) and an employment letter from my boss. Since your self-employed, you should write a letter declaring that you are self-employed, and I think adding the checking account bank statements will be good too. Good luck!

Will do. Speaking of the case number.. does it HAVE to be the petitioner who does the calling? Since my wife and I are both in AU, it's not easy to call with the time difference. I have the ability to call each morning from work whereas it will be very difficult for my wife to do so..

My wife and I also handed in notice to finish work on November 16th :) While we know we can't be sure exactly when we are going to have the Visa in hand, we can afford to be without work for the overlap if it occurs.

We can spend some time at my parents before we move. They live at the beach, and it will be the start of summer. My employer was happy I gave him so much notice.. might be able to get a transfer out of all this which would make life easier..!

Of course the beneficiary can call. :)

Me and My Mexican Hubby...

2009 Met in Mexico and got engaged

2010 I moved to Mexico and got married

2012 I moved back to U.S. by myself to work and send i-130 petition for him.

June 25th, 2012 - our 2-year wedding anniversary!

USCIS - I-130

24 FEB 2012 - NOA1

11 JUN 2012 - NOA2

NVC - MEP

2 JUL 2012 - Case Received at NVC

19 JUL 2012 - Case number, IIN and Beneficiary ID received, gave e-mail addresses!

23 JUL 2012 - Was able to log in and fill out the DS-261 and I made myself the agent! I also stated that I was assisting the beneficiary ( since I signed in as him )

24 JUL 2012 AOS fee available and paid through the payment portal - direct deposit

25 JUL 2012 AOS fee shown as paid!! I-864 package e-mailed to NVCelectronic@state.gov

01 AUG 2012 IV Bill Invoiced and paid

02 AUG 2012 IV Bill shown as paid and DS-260 completed and documents sent!

08 AUG 2012 RFE! :crying: sent passport photos wrong, so re-sent!

15 AUG 2012 case COMPLETE!!! Yay!!

13 SEP 2012 Received Interview Date! OCT. 5th!

20 SEP 2012 Scheduled ASC appointment by calling 7034392313. Two days earlier I logged into the website but it said there were no appointments available. But when I called, they scheduled an appointment for me. :)

Thanks for all of your help! You are wonderful!

Thanks to everyone here! The NVC operator told us Friday our case has been completed on Thursday . We never received email though saying that! We are happy though yet so nervous now! Can,t wait for an interview date! But thanks to everyone here

Grats on the case complete! kicking.gif Only those who did EP receive a case complete email. The next (and last) piece of correspondence you're going to get is the interview letter).

I have been reading and came up with a few question. Are tax transcripts better then copies of my taxes?

I am self employed What do I need to send for my I-864?

Just Sayin you can update your spread sheet for me...NVC got my packet on July 30. Thanks, Phil :thumbs:

Yes, tax transcripts are a thousand times better than tax returns. It's more concise and it's actual proof that you filed your taxes with the IRS.

And the next thing on your line on the spreadsheet is for your case number.

Nope, it can definitely be the petitioner. I, as the beneficiary, was the only one that called NVC during our process. My husband, the petitioner, NEVER called them.

Ok, for the i-864 package, you need:

i-864 cover letter - the NVC will e-mail this to you

I-864 form signed by sponsor (petitioner)

Proof of citizenship of sponsor - birth certificate (go ahead and order certified copies from your state because you'll want to keep extra copies handy. Go to your birth state's webpage for more info about ordering certified copies.

Tax return transcript from 2011 - you can submit tax transcripts for 2011, 2010, and 2009 IF YOU WISH

Proof of current income - in the i-864 it asks your expected income for 2012. So provide proof of this estimate. I provided copies of my checks (I was paid monthly so there were only 7) and an employment letter from my boss. Since your self-employed, you should write a letter declaring that you are self-employed, and I think adding the checking account bank statements will be good too. Good luck!

[...]

Proof of citizenship/residency is ONLY needed with joint sponsors. The petitioner does NOT need to include this.

When my wife went to the ASC in Merida, they didnt give her anything and then after the interview they did not give her anything either for DHL, now I did register a DHL location when I set up a ASC appointment

Is this normal

When you are in love life becomes an adventure... Chase it live it dream it and follow it where ever it takes you
s8Com4.png
08/02/2011 - Married in Merida.....................................................07/19/2012 - ASC Merida, Yucatan (DONE!)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
11/28/2011 - I-130 Sent...............................................................08/07/2012 - Medical (DONE!)0
11/29/2011 - I-130 NOA-1...........................................................08/09/2012 - Interview Approved!! (253 Days)

04/27/2012 - I-130 NOA-2 (149 Days)........................................08/14/2012 - Visa On Hand (4 Days)
05/11/2012 - NVC Received.......................................................08/17/2012 - POE MIA (260 Days TOTAL)

05/11/2012 - NVC Received.......................................................05/28/2014 - Sent I-751 ROC Package

05/29/2012 - Case Number and IIN Assigned............................05/30/2014 - I-751Reciept Notice

05/30/2012 - Gave Email Addreses to the NVC.........................06/27/2014 - Biometrics
06/04/2012 - Sent DS-261
06/05/2012 - Paid AOS Bill
06/12/2012 - Sent AOS Package
06/13/2012 - Paid IV Bill
06/15/2012 - AOS Checklist (OUCH!)
06/16/2012 - Completed DS-260 and Submitted IV Package
06/19/2012 - Checklist Response
06/21/2012 - Case Complete (42 Days)
06/22/2012 - Interview Set
----------------------------------

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.