girlwithquestions

Is it mandatory to submit I-134 form and supporting document?

21 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I am going to attend the interview in about a month. I don't why but he's keeping giving a hard time...first of all, he told me there's no way he can get any employment letter but something he printed out from theworknumber website. And then he said he can print his bank statements online from his banks so it all works out. I am just so pissed. His banks are in another city where he's traveling to right now....

What is this guy thinking?!!1

My question is that is it necessary to submit a I-134? Even though I have a full time job here in Canada and stuff?

Jan,2008 we met each other for the first time
March 11,2010, I flew to Dallas to visit him. We started dating.
September, 2011, we made the most stupid mistake we could have, sending out packet I-129 application without putting in a single page of supporting document.
January 12,2012, we received our declined petition letter after 5 months :-(
January 20, 2012, I flew to Dallas to prepare the packet and sent out the fiance petition
January 23, 2012, we received our noa1
May 30,2012, we received our noa2
June 13,2012, Our case was forwarded to Montreal
July 4,2012, I received RFE
July 5, 2012, I sent out RFE
July 9,2012, Montreal received my RFE
July 16,2012, I sent out my Packet 3 (I did not call Montreal to confirm if they have sent out my Packet 3)
July 25,2012, I received my Packet 4 in email
September 4,2012 at 9:10 am, visa approved !!!
September 6,2012, Visa in hand
November 17,2012, POE in Chicago
February 09,2013, Wedding

March 16,2013, AOS package sent out

March 22,2013,NOA received.

January 31, 2014, Card production

Filed: IR-2 Country: Philippines
Timeline

I am going to attend the interview in about a month. I don't why but he's keeping giving a hard time...first of all, he told me there's no way he can get any employment letter but something he printed out from theworknumber website. And then he said he can print his bank statements online from his banks so it all works out. I am just so pissed. His banks are in another city where he's traveling to right now....

My question is that is it necessary to submit a I-134? Even though I have a full time job here in Canada and stuff?

Yes, the I-134 is required from the petitioner to be able to apply for a K-1 visa.

Timeline

And the bank statement also needs to be stamped right?

September, 2011, we made the most stupid mistake we could have, sending out packet I-129 application without putting in a single page of supporting document.
January 20, 2012, I flew to Dallas to prepare the packet and sent out the fiance petition
July 16,2012, I sent out my Packet 3 (I did not call Montreal to confirm if they have sent out my Packet 3)

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

The I-134 is required for a K-1 visa. The US consulate will not issue a k-1 visa if the petitioner fails to submit a I-134.

Your job is in Canada most likely will not count unless you plan on keeping it after you move to the US.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

And the bank statement also needs to be stamped right?

I had my bank print out my current account balance and the guy signed and dated it there. He also put how long my account has been active. But, at the consulate in Rio, they never asked me for my employment letter nor the bank information. I had my last 3 years tax return, but they only wanted the previous years one. :blink:

But yes, you must submit the I-134 with his information as he (petitioner) is the one that will be providing support for you once you arrive. You will not be able to work until you either get an Employment Authorization Document (EAD card) or your GC. You will be abandoning your work in Canada, it does not count.

He needs to realize that these "rules/instructions" for filling out these forms are NOT to be taken lightly. Some people learn that the hard way.

Edited by Que Saudade

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

K1 Guides and Info

K1 AOS Guide

Link for Rio de Janeiro Consulate's instructions for K1 Visas. They give you this link instead of a packet 3. Everything you need for interview in Rio is here. Boa Sorte

Timeline

Of course he can get an employer letter - he just needs to ask his HR department. All it needs to say is that he is currently employed and how much his salary is. Why is he being so difficult? That's a red falg to me, is he hiding something?

He should also be sending you pay stubs, bank statements, tax returns.

This is important stuff and he should be able to get all of it.

Removing Conditions

Sent package to VSC - 8/12/11

NOA1 - 8/16/11

Biometrics - 9/14/11

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline

yes that is very important..... i would question him why is he giving u a hard time.... does he still wanna do this before u uproot ur entire life to the US...

url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

event.png

as1cJOU-M240000MDAwMDA4fDAwMDEzOThsfGJlY2FtZSBhIGNvdXBsZQ.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

yes that is very important..... i would question him why is he giving u a hard time.... does he still wanna do this before u uproot ur entire life to the US...

I defently agree with habib ... why is he giving you a hard time?

Some men don't take paperwork seriously.

England.gif England!

And in this crazy life, and through these crazy times

It's you, it's you, You make me sing.

You're every line, you're every word, you're everything.

b0cb1a39c4.png

ROC Timeline

Sent: 7/21/12

NOA1: 7/23/12

Touch: 7/24/2012

Biometrics: 8/24/2012

Card Production Ordered: 3/6/2013

*Eligible for Naturalization: October 13, 2013*

Timeline

Some men don't take paperwork seriously.

:thumbs: agree with that. But, he has to fulfill the requirements set forth if he plans to have this process go smoothly for him.

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

K1 Guides and Info

K1 AOS Guide

Link for Rio de Janeiro Consulate's instructions for K1 Visas. They give you this link instead of a packet 3. Everything you need for interview in Rio is here. Boa Sorte

Timeline

He thinks he's smart and does not follow the rules or listen to others. That really bothers me to be honest. Plus, I am the ONLY one who's so proactively involved in the application and handle all the pressure and stuff. It starts getting into my mind that if he's the guy I can really dependent on....

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

He thinks he's smart and does not follow the rules or listen to others. That really bothers me to be honest. Plus, I am the ONLY one who's so proactively involved in the application and handle all the pressure and stuff. It starts getting into my mind that if he's the guy I can really dependent on....

More VJ members are only able to get the employment letter through "theworknumber" and it hasn't seemed to be a problem. Also, you would want to have some recent paystubs to support the current income claim. If the income is sufficient then the bank/asset information will not be needed.

FWIW: you get to do this all over again after marriage with the I-864 affidavit of support and adjustment of status. Tell Mr. Hard Head that he doesn't get to change the rules to suit his needs. And in the interest of domestic tranquility he needs to step up.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Timeline

FWIW: you get to do this all over again after marriage with the I-864 affidavit of support and adjustment of status. Tell Mr. Hard Head that he doesn't get to change the rules to suit his needs. And in the interest of domestic tranquility he needs to step up.

:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

My Brazilian wife would have slaughtered me if I chose a Golf Tournament over her :bonk: :bonk: :bonk: :bonk:

Love the Brazilian passion... :devil:

K1 Guides and Info

K1 AOS Guide

Timeline

:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

My Brazilian wife would have slaughtered me if I chose a Golf Tournament over her :bonk: :bonk: :bonk: :bonk:

Love the Brazilian passion... :devil:

He did book up his tournament way before my interview. On my side I just book up the interview and then tell him the date. I don't really blame on him for that. And he did ask me to change the date so that he can be my company...I just found it too hassle to change and want it to be over with asap.

Timeline

He did book up his tournament way before my interview. On my side I just book up the interview and then tell him the date. I don't really blame on him for that. And he did ask me to change the date so that he can be my company...I just found it too hassle to change and want it to be over with asap.

I understand the wanting it to be over ASAP

K1 Guides and Info

K1 AOS Guide

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.