girlwithquestions

Is it mandatory to submit I-134 form and supporting document?

21 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Another quick question. Do you have copy of NOA2? You will need that also.

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

K1 Guides and Info

K1 AOS Guide

Link for Rio de Janeiro Consulate's instructions for K1 Visas. They give you this link instead of a packet 3. Everything you need for interview in Rio is here. Boa Sorte

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Yes, I have that copy. Thanks for reminding me :-)

Jan,2008 we met each other for the first time
March 11,2010, I flew to Dallas to visit him. We started dating.
September, 2011, we made the most stupid mistake we could have, sending out packet I-129 application without putting in a single page of supporting document.
January 12,2012, we received our declined petition letter after 5 months :-(
January 20, 2012, I flew to Dallas to prepare the packet and sent out the fiance petition
January 23, 2012, we received our noa1
May 30,2012, we received our noa2
June 13,2012, Our case was forwarded to Montreal
July 4,2012, I received RFE
July 5, 2012, I sent out RFE
July 9,2012, Montreal received my RFE
July 16,2012, I sent out my Packet 3 (I did not call Montreal to confirm if they have sent out my Packet 3)
July 25,2012, I received my Packet 4 in email
September 4,2012 at 9:10 am, visa approved !!!
September 6,2012, Visa in hand
November 17,2012, POE in Chicago
February 09,2013, Wedding

March 16,2013, AOS package sent out

March 22,2013,NOA received.

January 31, 2014, Card production

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

He thinks he's smart and does not follow the rules or listen to others. That really bothers me to be honest. Plus, I am the ONLY one who's so proactively involved in the application and handle all the pressure and stuff. It starts getting into my mind that if he's the guy I can really dependent on....

I am sorry you are dealing with a difficult fiance. Mine was the same. I asked him weekly, then daily, for four months to prepare the I-134. He didn't until two days before my interview and fed exed it to me. There was no reason for him to mail it so late because he had plenty of free time and nothing was going on in his life. As soon as I looked at it I found multiple errors, typoes, etc., of our names and important dates and the like, so he had to re-do it and spend money fed exing it again. He gave me an extremely hard time about the paperwork. No amount of pleading would put him in his place. Sorry if it sounds like I'm making it about me, I just thought I'd share for what it's worth. He wouldn't even look at the visa journey forums because "it's just a bunch of people on the internet, they don't know what you're talking about" yaddda, yaddda, yadda. It is truly maddening, and again I'm sorry you're in this position, my heart goes out to you.

Anyways, the I-134 is completely necessary, and of those supporting documents you at the very least need a copy or transcript of his most recent tax return. If you don't present at least this much you will either get an RFE which will extend the issuance of your visa by 2+ months or a denial.

Edited by pocheros

Timeline

I am sorry you are dealing with a difficult fiance. Mine was the same. I asked him weekly, then daily, for four months to prepare the I-134. He didn't until two days before my interview and fed exed it to me. There was no reason for him to mail it so late because he had plenty of free time and nothing was going on in his life. As soon as I looked at it I found multiple errors, typoes, etc., of our names and important dates and the like, so he had to re-do it and spend money fed exing it again. He gave me an extremely hard time about the paperwork. No amount of pleading would put him in his place. Sorry if it sounds like I'm making it about me, I just thought I'd share for what it's worth. He wouldn't even look at the visa journey forums because "it's just a bunch of people on the internet, they don't know what you're talking about" yaddda, yaddda, yadda. It is truly maddening, and again I'm sorry you're in this position, my heart goes out to you.

Anyways, the I-134 is completely necessary, and of those supporting documents you at the very least need a copy or transcript of his most recent tax return. If you don't present at least this much you will either get an RFE which will extend the issuance of your visa by 2+ months or a denial.

You know what i am worrying about now?!!! he might have no time to mail out the damn documents since he always uses his full-time job as excuses to delay all sorta things that need to be mailed out. If that is that case that I was not able to get the package before the interview, I would not go to the interview whatsoever and never.

Jan,2008 we met each other for the first time
March 11,2010, I flew to Dallas to visit him. We started dating.
September, 2011, we made the most stupid mistake we could have, sending out packet I-129 application without putting in a single page of supporting document.
January 12,2012, we received our declined petition letter after 5 months :-(
January 20, 2012, I flew to Dallas to prepare the packet and sent out the fiance petition
January 23, 2012, we received our noa1
May 30,2012, we received our noa2
June 13,2012, Our case was forwarded to Montreal
July 4,2012, I received RFE
July 5, 2012, I sent out RFE
July 9,2012, Montreal received my RFE
July 16,2012, I sent out my Packet 3 (I did not call Montreal to confirm if they have sent out my Packet 3)
July 25,2012, I received my Packet 4 in email
September 4,2012 at 9:10 am, visa approved !!!
September 6,2012, Visa in hand
November 17,2012, POE in Chicago
February 09,2013, Wedding

March 16,2013, AOS package sent out

March 22,2013,NOA received.

January 31, 2014, Card production

Timeline

People can be difficult sometimes. I felt bad for my fiance because he had to keep asking his boss for a letter of employment since she kept messing it up, until finally on the third try it was perfect. Even after the third time though I realized it was a scanned copy and I made him ask his employer for an original. He even had to re-do his I-134 for me a few times because I saw some mistakes. What I did for my Fiance was create a checklist of things I needed, and he printed it out and got them organized then checked off everything. It was a little nerve racking for him but he knew it was important.

You need to talk to your fiance about this seriously, because this isn't the time to be slacking. Set a date for him to have everything sent to you by, and give him a list of everything you need. Heck, even show him examples of how people got declined due to not having sufficient proof, maybe that'll scare him into sending you all the stuff :P

Our K-1 Visa Process

2011-12-12: I-129F Sent

2011-12-14: I-129F NOA1

2012-05-07: I-129F NOA2

2012-05-21: NVC Received

2012-06-14: Consulate Received

2012-07-03: Packet 3 Received

2012-07-04: Packet 3 Sent

2012-07-06: Packet 4 Received (Through e-mail only)

2012-07-10: Medical Date

2012-07-13: Medical Results in hand

2012-07-23: Interview Date APPROVED!

2012-07-31: Visa in hand!

2012-08-14: POE Toronto Airport - HOME!

2012-09-12: MARRIED!

2013-06-28: AOS approved! Waiting on the green card to be mailed!

pixel15.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.