georgeramsaran

US Citizen Wants Divorce From Conditional Permanent Residence

125 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

The more I think about it, the more I think you probably should go to the authorities on the blackmail issue.

Emails can be edited. A printout of an email isn't very good evidence of anything, should you ever need it. A police report, on the other hand, is taken very seriously. (Sometimes more seriously than it should be.)

It's probably a question for an attorney. But please don't worry about protecting her. She's certainly not worried about protecting you.

As for whether the divorce can be final without everyone signing the papers, it probably varies by state. You can divorce someone who just fails to respond to the petition. If she responds by contesting then you will get into the legal hassle of it all.

AOS

5/16/2012 - Package delivered to Chicago Lockbox at 1:33pm

5/21/2012 - Email/text notifications received at 4:50 p.m.

5/26/2012 - NOA hard copies received for I-130, I-485 and I-765

6/19/2012 - Biometrics completed.

7/02/2012 - Text/email/hard copy notification of interview.

7/30/2012 - EAD card production ordered.

8/02/2012 - Interview @ 2:00

8/02/2012 - Email notification of GC production at 5:30pm

8/07/2012 - Second GC production email

8/07/2012 - EAD received.

8/08/2012 - GC mailed.

8/09/2012 - Welcome letter and I-130 approval letter received.

8/10/2012 - Green card received. :)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

this is really messed up. seems like your wife is definitely up to no good. save all the evidence you can and wait for the divorce proceedings.

AOS

10/16/2012 Mailed I-485, I-765, I-131
10/19/2012 NOA1
11/09/2012 Biometrics Apt @ 3pm
12/25/2012 EAD/AP Approval
01/05/2013 Received EAD/AP in mail

06/20/2013 AOS APPROVED!!!!!

LIFTING OF CONDITIONS

3/23/15 Mailed I-751

3/25/15 NOA1

3/28/15 NOA1 Received in the Mail

4/28/15 Biometrics Apt.

11/13/15 ROC Approved

11/18/15 Approval Letter Received

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Guyana
Timeline

Okay after research and a few calls to some attorney, I was told the divorce can be done without her and takes 3 months

Cost price for such filing is 1500

Timeline

come on man represent the guyanese ppl well, go and tek bak yuh wife and make sure that ex bf knows his limitations. don't hesitate to make yourself clear.

Is that a joke?

Why would he want her back at this point?

Okay after research and a few calls to some attorney, I was told the divorce can be done without her and takes 3 months

Cost price for such filing is 1500

Good, well worth it to be rid of her, in my opinion. Have you given any more thought to pursuing the blackmail thing?

AOS

8/08/2012 - GC mailed.

Timeline

DT its a matter of principle man. From cultural aspect in Guyana no man can mess with another wife and go unpunished. Its a law. OP knows this. To do nothing is unacceptable.

If he wants divorce thats fine but he need to represent his ppl and his heritage. Might sound foolish to you but I tell you its no joking matter.

4027-dil-ko-choo-jaye-gi-shayari-collection-heart_91.gif?d=1205939495

Timeline

DT its a matter of principle man. From cultural aspect in Guyana no man can mess with another wife and go unpunished. Its a law. OP knows this. To do nothing is unacceptable.

If he wants divorce thats fine but he need to represent his ppl and his heritage. Might sound foolish to you but I tell you its no joking matter.

It's true, but if she can do this to me know, no telling if we make up what else she will do,,, I'm not a fighting person but if he crosses my path I will sure put him to

Place ...

Timeline

He'll be punished...he's hooked up with her.

Seriously, how do you suggest he "punish" this other man? Keep in mind that he's subject to US laws now, not Guyana laws. Not cultural laws. United States laws.

It's true, but if she can do this to me know, no telling if we make up what else she will do,,, I'm not a fighting person but if he crosses my path I will sure put him to

Place ...

Don't do anything stupid. You don't have your permanent greencard yet.

Edited by DandT14

AOS

8/08/2012 - GC mailed.

Timeline

Place ...

yea man. thats true. I just don't understand why she will marry you just for short time and change her mind its very crazy. Anyways seems like she is wid her ex so time for you move on wid your life as well. Get the divorce done and keep the proofs of her blackmails. you will find someone better than her.

4027-dil-ko-choo-jaye-gi-shayari-collection-heart_91.gif?d=1205939495

Filed: Timeline

Is that a joke?

Why would he want her back at this point?

Good, well worth it to be rid of her, in my opinion. Have you given any more thought to pursuing the blackmail thing?

Seriously.

He'll be punished...he's hooked up with her.

Seriously, how do you suggest he "punish" this other man? Keep in mind that he's subject to US laws now, not Guyana laws. Not cultural laws. United States laws.

Don't do anything stupid. You don't have your permanent greencard yet.

That's what I say. Misery loves company after all.

Timeline

He's been in this country since he was 12, if I remember his previous posts correctly.

Anyway, I think he could better represent his "heritage" and "his people" by behaving like an intelligent, law-abiding human being.

Thank u DandT14

Timeline

I'm not going to do anything stupid .., I'm more intelligent than that... But it just hurts but it's part of life ... I'll get over it I never ask for it but graciously she said and push for me to do it, but I guess she had her intentions... I have no family and came a very VERY LONG way.. I've been working since 16 and going to middles school high school and some college and I never depended on anyone... And I'm not about to stoop or lower my level of class for her.. If that's what make her happy by all means its Kool ... KARMA IS A ######.... I stop her from working .. She was a bartender and I did any and everything thing to the maxx but I guess NICE GUYS FINISH LAST!!! And THAT'S ME!!! It hurts but tomorrow is another day... I'm in a bar having me a nice cold beer and some shots,, for that's something's she Stop me from doing but.NO LONGER CAN

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.