GandK

Do I need to get any more vaccines for AOS?

13 posts in this topic

Hi,

I just got a copy of the form DS-3025 vaccination worksheet and I am not sure how to interpret it.

Most of the boxes are checked "Not age in appropriate", I have got MMR, so that is checked "completed series"

Then I had a TD shot back in december 2008, the doctor who conducted my medical examination told me that I need to get a TD booster first 10 years from that date. Then he ticked the box "Insufficient time interval"

Though, the result is checked "Vaccine history incomplete": Applicant may be eligible for blanket waiver(s) because vaccination(s) not medically inappropriate (As indicated above)

Does it mean I am good for filing for AOS with this?

Also, do I need to get DS-3025 translated to I-693?

Thanks a lot

Here is the worksheet

http://oi46.tinypic.com/29w331z.jpg

Edited by GandK

That is fine. You do not need more vaccines at this time.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

In response to your second question of getting someone to transfer it over to the I-693, I just printed out a new one, filled out the top portion and then attached the DS-3025 to it and the fancy unopened envelope from the Civil Surgeon that we received with the K-1 and sent it on it's way.

It seemed to work okay with us.

Total elapsed time between filing I-129F to GC in hand 569 days or 1 Year, 6 months, 22 days.

In response to your second question of getting someone to transfer it over to the I-693, I just printed out a new one, filled out the top portion and then attached the DS-3025 to it and the fancy unopened envelope from the Civil Surgeon that we received with the K-1 and sent it on it's way.

It seemed to work okay with us.

Ooh, I would NOT do this. I-693 is only to be filled out by a civil surgeon. I have seen people do what you did only to result in an RFE. If they hadn't tried to fill the form out themselves, the adjudicator could have checked that their DS was complete, end of story, but sending in a wrongly-filled out I-693 resulted in a RFE for a proper one.

I-693 is NOT a form you fill out. It is ONLY for a Civil Surgeon. No touch.

AOS for my husband

ROC:

Ooh, I would NOT do this. I-693 is only to be filled out by a civil surgeon. I have seen people do what you did only to result in an RFE. If they hadn't tried to fill the form out themselves, the adjudicator could have checked that their DS was complete, end of story, but sending in a wrongly-filled out I-693 resulted in a RFE for a proper one.

I-693 is NOT a form you fill out. It is ONLY for a Civil Surgeon. No touch.

I'm looking forward to my RFE, lol. I didn't fill it completely out...just my husband's name and A number. That's what I get for not finding this forum until months after filing.

I did happen upon the post sticked to the top of this forum about the DS-3025 and how to handle that if you want to take a look. It has some good information in there.

Total elapsed time between filing I-129F to GC in hand 569 days or 1 Year, 6 months, 22 days.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

You needed to get TDap not TD for immigration. They didn't vaccinate you for TDap because you'd had TD very recently (the difference between TD and TDap is that it's tetanus-diptheria vs tetanus-diptheria-pertussis.

That said, I am not sure what they will make you do for AOS.

Thanks for all the answers.

Hmm, I think will consult a civl surgeon when I arrive in the US. I don't mind getting a TDap shot if needed but i don't know if it is medically appropriate/recommended or not.

I don't think you need another tetanus shot. Anyway, transcribing the results should only cost $25-$50, but you may have to call around to find someone that won't try to give you a new full medical (costing $200 ish).

Here is a very good post on the topic, which says, among other things, you need to have had some version of the tetanus, which you have had. http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/8321-london-medical-knightsbridge-doctors/page__st__555__p__4568414#entry4568414

Your sheet says "Eligible for blanket waiver" which means you do not need any more immunizations.

I'm looking forward to my RFE, lol. I didn't fill it completely out...just my husband's name and A number. That's what I get for not finding this forum until months after filing.

I did happen upon the post sticked to the top of this forum about the DS-3025 and how to handle that if you want to take a look. It has some good information in there.

Hopefully you won't get an RFE. :) Edited by Harpa Timsah

AOS for my husband

ROC:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

You needed to get TDap not TD for immigration. They didn't vaccinate you for TDap because you'd had TD very recently (the difference between TD and TDap is that it's tetanus-diptheria vs tetanus-diptheria-pertussis.

That said, I am not sure what they will make you do for AOS.

Tdap or TD works for AOS.

Thanks for all the answers.

Hmm, I think will consult a civl surgeon when I arrive in the US. I don't mind getting a TDap shot if needed but i don't know if it is medically appropriate/recommended or not.

You don't need the Tdap. You said you had TD in 2008, then you will need a booster in 2018. You are good to go for the AOS requirements.

If you had all the required vaccinations at the time of your medical and they were marked off on your DS-3025(even if it says incomplete, may be eligible for blanket waiver), then no need to see a civil surgeon for the I-693. See this post: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/335754-ds-3025-complete-or-not/page__p__4971318#entry4971318

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Pertussis is listed in the requirements for immigrant visas. I was required to have TDap for my medical exam. Not TD, but TDap.

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_1331.html

https://www.securewebexchange.com/wokingmedical.com/Vaccinations.html

I know K1 is technically not an immigrant visa, but you do need these for AOS.

My DS-3025 had "Insufficient Time Interval" for my Varicella vaccination (I had only 1 shot of a 2 shot series). When I applied for AOS I sent the DS-3025 and an original copy of my immunization record which showed I received my second shot after my medical. Not sure if I will get an RFE to go get it transcribed, but VJ members recommended doing this over paying for an *expensive* transcription of my vaccinations by a civil surgeon.

I think the "Insufficient Time Interval" means you haven't waited the 10 years so they can't give you TDap. I would try to see if you can get a Pertussis vaccination on its own (not sure if it's possible) and then send proof of the Pertussis along with the DS-3025.

Edit: That said, I'm not sure how other countries do it - but worst case scenario you'd get an RFE and have to get the vaccination transcribed by the civil surgeon. I'm just going off my own experience from what I was told at my medical/what I needed for my medical in Canada. May not be the same for other countries I guess.

Edited by dukeandduchess

If you get any new vaccines, you cannot just send the receipt, you need to have it transcribed to a I-693 by a Civil Surgeon. The whole point of this is for public health, and only Civil Surgeons and panel Physicians abroad are qualified to make a determination of what vaccines you need. It's either complete vaccines and a medical abroad, or a medical abroad and a transcribed I-693. Not a mixture of both.

AOS for my husband

ROC:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Pertussis is listed in the requirements for immigrant visas. I was required to have TDap for my medical exam. Not TD, but TDap.

My DS-3025 had "Insufficient Time Interval" for my Varicella vaccination (I had only 1 shot of a 2 shot series). When I applied for AOS I sent the DS-3025 and an original copy of my immunization record which showed I received my second shot after my medical. Not sure if I will get an RFE to go get it transcribed, but VJ members recommended doing this over paying for an *expensive* transcription of my vaccinations by a civil surgeon.

I think the "Insufficient Time Interval" means you haven't waited the 10 years so they can't give you TDap. I would try to see if you can get a Pertussis vaccination on its own (not sure if it's possible) and then send proof of the Pertussis along with the DS-3025.

Edit: That said, I'm not sure how other countries do it - but worst case scenario you'd get an RFE and have to get the vaccination transcribed by the civil surgeon. I'm just going off my own experience from what I was told at my medical/what I needed for my medical in Canada. May not be the same for other countries I guess.

Please see the link I posted above(http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/335754-ds-3025-complete-or-not/page__p__4971318#entry4971318). It tells what it is needed for AOS and Nich-Nick has done a lot of research into the vaccination requirements. Also, here is the chart from the CDC that shows what is needed for AOS: http://www.cdc.gov/immigrantrefugeehealth/exams/ti/civil/vaccination-civil-technical-instructions.html#tbl1

It does not have to be the Tdap, and you do not need to go out and get the Pertussis if you only got the TD. Either the Tdap or TD works for the AOS requirement. Pertussis is not one that is required. Only the first in a series is required to file for AOS, and the ones needed are MMR, Tdap/TD, varicella(unless you had chickenpox) and the flu shot(only required during flu season).

Edited by Jay-Kay

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

• 4 years later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 7/25/2012 at 3:25 PM, dukeandduchess said:

I know this was years ago, but did you end up getting an RFE for this? I'm in the exact same situation and trying to figure out what to do. 

K1

I-129F Sent :                                       2017-01-03

I-129F NOA1 :                                     2017-01-12

I-129F NOA2 :                                     2017-04-12

NVC Received :                                   2017-05-08

Consulate Received :                          2017-05-12

Packet 3 Received :                             2017-05-15

Interview (Approved) :                        2017-06-06

Visa Received:                                    2017 06-15

US Entry (POE: Houston):                   2017 06-26

AOS

I-485 Combo Sent:                              2017-08-01

I-485 NOA1:                                        2017 08-07

Biometrics:                                         2017 08-23

I-131 Approval:                                   2017 10-16

I-765 Approval:                                   2017 10-16

Interview (No Decision)                      2017 10-25

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.