Thomas&Cleofe

Starting to get pissed at NVC!!!

297 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Ditto here. I checked yesterday, hasn't arrived at NVC yet.

We are the poster children for chain migration!

K-1 Visa

10/13/06 - NOA1

01/25/07 - NOA2

02/12/07 - NVC sent petition to Guangzhou consulate

04/27/07 - Packet 3 received

06/17/07 - Packet 4 received

07/05/07 - Interview - Passed!

07/07/07 - Received K-1 visa

03/20/08 - Received 2 year Green Card

02/21/10 - Received 10 Year Green Card

10/18/11 - Sent N-400

03/22/12 - Sworn in as USC

IR-5 for parents

03/23/12 - Sent I-130

03/29/12 - NOA1

06/29/12 - NOA2

07/23/12 - NVC Received

08/10/12 - Received NVC Case No. and IIN

08/21/12 - AOS Fee Bill Received

08/27/12 - AOS Fee Bill Paid

09/04/12 - GZO numbers received

09/04/12 - AOS E-Mailed

09/06/12 - IV Fee Paid

09/06/12 - DS-230 E-Mailed

09/18/12 - Case Complete

11/01/12 - Interview - Passed

11/08/12 - Received IR-5 visa

F2-B for Brother & Sister

08/28/13 - NOA1

12/24/13 - NOA2

01/15/19 - Welcome letter

02/28/19 - Case Complete

06/20/19 - Interview letter

07/17-18/19 - Interview - Passed

07/31/19 - Received F2-B visa

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Ditto here. I checked yesterday, hasn't arrived at NVC yet.

Mike and Lily we have same NOA2 they say we should hear something middle to end of next week. Of course I will call twice daily. innocent.gif

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

For sure...I accept your wager. You will definately receive NOA2 before I finish at NVC. I'm watching you close now...

LOL - I hope I lose the bet! At the end of the day, it just sucks, sucks, sucks, no matter where you're stuck. :(

M

event.png

event.png

NOA1 2/5/13 for AOS from K1

Biometrics 3/1/13

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

I have been through the process three times in the last 6 years. First for my wife, then her father, and now her mother. NOA2 approval Jun 08 at CSC. Got the case number over a week ago and just got the invoice number yesterday. So this time, we are about in the middle, some faster, some slower. The one thing that hasn't changed in the entire 6 years is that there is not really any logical order of things. There will always be fast/medium/slow. We all want perfection, but shoot, we forget how lucky we really are that we can do what we are doing. The goal is to get our loved ones over here, why do we all want to turn it into a race. We all want to complain about how slow the gov't works here, but it took my mother in law over 8 months just to get a corrected birth certificate in the Philippines. Do we really have it that bad with the service centers or NVC. I for one think not, and my hat is off to them for the job that they do under the circumstances.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

A friendly wager: My NOA1 date at VSC and yours at CSC are almost the same (my 3/1 is just slightly earlier than your 3/12). I'll bet you that you will be out of NVC before I even get my NOA2 from VSC.

What do you think? We can both hope we lose the bet! Perhaps it will pass the time. :)

M

its not a fair deal, the CSC filer will be in the USA maybe even before the VSC filer gets an NOA2

AOS

10/16/2012 Mailed I-485, I-765, I-131
10/19/2012 NOA1
11/09/2012 Biometrics Apt @ 3pm
12/25/2012 EAD/AP Approval
01/05/2013 Received EAD/AP in mail

06/20/2013 AOS APPROVED!!!!!

LIFTING OF CONDITIONS

3/23/15 Mailed I-751

3/25/15 NOA1

3/28/15 NOA1 Received in the Mail

4/28/15 Biometrics Apt.

11/13/15 ROC Approved

11/18/15 Approval Letter Received

Yeah.....I hope next week it will come...GHood luck to us IsmoBem

yes good luck, my husband will call agen monday...ill let u know any updates :):)

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.]1st Cor 13: 4-7

Filed: Timeline

I know my case was more of an exception and not the rule... but for the last couple of months I was posting how awful and slow the NVC was. However, after contacting my congressman I found out that my case was sent to the NRC by mistake (USCIS officer error). I waited (not really I kept calling the NVC, USCIS, and my congressman almost everyday) almost two months, until my congressman notified my that my case was at the USCIS and would be overnighted to the NVC...

Once my case reached the NVC it took less than a three days for them to send it to the embassy.

So, do not wait for the NVC... the problem may be USCIS... Also, the approval time at the NVC stage may be affected upon whether your case is sent by itself, or if it is sent along with multiple cases.

Good luck to you guys... I know how hard it is, but keep up the faith

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I know my case was more of an exception and not the rule... but for the last couple of months I was posting how awful and slow the NVC was. However, after contacting my congressman I found out that my case was sent to the NRC by mistake (USCIS officer error). I waited (not really I kept calling the NVC, USCIS, and my congressman almost everyday) almost two months, until my congressman notified my that my case was at the USCIS and would be overnighted to the NVC...

Once my case reached the NVC it took less than a three days for them to send it to the embassy.

So, do not wait for the NVC... the problem may be USCIS... Also, the approval time at the NVC stage may be affected upon whether your case is sent by itself, or if it is sent along with multiple cases.

Good luck to you guys... I know how hard it is, but keep up the faith

I am in the same boat as you. 10 weeks in the black hole of NRC! Finally, I got a 2nd NOA2 for 07/19. USCIS said give 35 days for it to reach NVC & then NVC is advising 6-8 weeks for processing! Yucky.. I am praying mine goes fast like yours, 3 days would be beautiful.

Filed: IR-2 Country: Philippines
Timeline

I am in the same boat as you. 10 weeks in the black hole of NRC! Finally, I got a 2nd NOA2 for 07/19. USCIS said give 35 days for it to reach NVC & then NVC is advising 6-8 weeks for processing! Yucky.. I am praying mine goes fast like yours, 3 days would be beautiful.

No, no, no.......you are k-1, only about 7-10 days at NVC.

Timeline

Ya'll are scaring me with this NRC, NVC mix up. Goodness. I am only on day 24 USCIS to NVC.I guess it took the Pony Express. Oh well. Wait I must.

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

ROC I-751

N-400

Timeline

Okay I am sorry I must rant here where people understand and feel me. Since it seems lately people are in all manner of logjams. Gosh poor guy thats post this is he 4 month on the NVC thread. DS3032 issues, IV Bill, AOS me and so many others awaiting the "case Received" , and the ever popular "case#, IIN# , Case completed" and everyone's favorite "Interview date".

Okay is it me or does NVC act like "why are you bothering us" attitude. Like can't you just sit there 20 days everytime you do something. Lets see if what they say is true thats:

USCIS to NVC - 20 days

Case # - 20 days

IIN# - 20 days

AOS post - 20 days

AOS sent - 20 days

AOS received - 20 days

IV Bill post - 20 days

IV sent - 20 days

IV Received - 20 days

Case Closed - OMG who knows lets say 20 days

Interview day - 20 days

I am bad at math but this makes it 220 days (7 months 10 days). Lord help me please. I am finally finally losin it.:wacko: Was fine up to now but I need a good cry, hug and a drink.:crying:

ROC I-751

N-400

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

As hard as I try not to call them, I just did, put me on hold and checked with her supervisor and came back to me with it hasn't even been received into the building yet??? And how do they know? I was only on hold for 1 minute, now I know she did not run down to the receiving room and go through all those petitions, are you kidding me? How stupid do you think I am? Oh but wait, call them back next week to find out if its been received then...oh yes, because thats what I wanna do, wait a whole week and still nothing. Nope, not happening. I will call everyday, because my tax dollars help pay your salaries and thats YOUR job! Sorry, rant over. June 15....seems like ages ago.

TracyJo

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

No, no, no.......you are k-1, only about 7-10 days at NVC.

As per my USCIS email on 07/11:

"The petition has been requested from the file facility and will be forwarded to the NVC for processing, allow 35 days for this to occur."

As per my NVCResearch email on 07/20:

"Please be advised that the NVC contacted USCIS to locate your approved petition. USCIS has informed the NVC that your petition is en route to the NVC. Once we have received your petition, the appropiate agent will receive further instructions withint 6-8 weeks"

Is this just a standard "email" with standard "time frames" now?

According to USCIS.gov website, my NOA2 was re-approved on 07/19 (initial NOA2 was 04/30) with a last touch date of 07/20. When shall I start calling NVC?

i got my case number and IIN the same day.... when my hubby called he asked for the case number and the operator (a guy with a cold voice) gave him our case number and he didnt even tell us the IIN number is ready as well until my husband asked him again, and he was like yeah you can have that too headbonk.gif am like do you have to wait for us to ask you what about the IIN number?

WOW You're right..when i read your comment, i asked NVC about my IIN and the operator gave the IIN, but she said it's useless because i haven't received an e-mail from NVC :bonk: and she said there's nothing i can do until i received the e-mail..Thank God i just received the e-mail from NVC today :dance:

qHpljff.jpgqHplp7.png

USCIS

* March 2nd 2012 --> I-130 sent

* March 5th 2012 --> I-130 Delivered at Chicago Lockbox

* March 7th 2012 --> Got NOA1 by SMS (Vermont Service Center)

* March 14th 2012 --> Got Hardcopy of I-797C in the airmail

* June 29th 2012 --> NOA2 (114days)

* July 5th 2012 --> Got Hardcopy of NOA2

NVC

* July 2nd 2012 --> NVC Received

* July 24th 2012 --> NVC Case Number and IIN received by e-mail

* July 24th 2012 --> E-mailed the DS 3032

* July 24th 2012 --> AOS Bill Paid

* July 26th 2012 --> AOS Bill Shows PAID

* July 28th 2012 --> AOS Package Sent

* August 2nd 2012 --> DS-3032 accepted

* August 3rd 2012 --> IV bill invoiced & PAID

* August 7th 2012 --> IV Bill Shows PAID

* August 17th 2012 --> IV Package Sent

* August 24th 2012 --> NVC Case Complete

* September 15th 2012 --> Interview Date Assigned

US EMBASSY JAKARTA

* October 16th 2012 --> INTERVIEW (Approved)

* October 19th 2012 --> Visa in Hand

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

As of yesterday it's been 3 MONTHS since NOA2, so NVC was processing our papers for 3 months already! NOA2 as of April 24th. And...still no interview date or saying case complete! I am very upset with them.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.