Regan L

How do i make this sound good?

26 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I like what dwwheels said :-) being honest and open is the best. You're young and the economy is bad so if you are a go getter then you will earn enough to support her. I was young and poor just starting out at your age with my first son many years ago. Just make sure you are ready for this when your wife is here. marriage is hard enough and having money issues makes it worse. Even at my age of 46 I waited some 9 months after leaving my fiancee so i Knew i had a steady job and enough money to cover all te expenses coming up with her travels AOS etc. Just food for thought. I know you are in tough position. Everyone wants to be with teir loved ones. Good luck with Grandpa andnyour Journey

Thansk for the compliment but that was Gegel. :thumbs:

And I so feel ya on what you said. Growing up man.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Since he wants to know what he's getting into, have him read the contract portion of the form. Terms such as "simple", "least risky", and "not a big deal" do not apply to joint sponsorship. It's a huge responsibility and not one that should be entered into lightly.

Hello i have a question

I was denied a K1 Visa before,but USCIS did not send a NOAID,however our I-130 was approved.

Do you think i should be worried at the interview?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

If your hardworking and on the right path I'm sure that's the reason why he didn't say no right off the bat.......Have him read all about it....it's a huge deal and he will know that....convince him with your actions......Life insurance would take some of his doubt away I would imagine too......:thumbs:

Good Luck!!

Filed: Timeline

In addition to what others said here, my suggestions is that you take the form to your grandpa and read the fine print with him. It will also give you and him the opportunity to find out what it is he is NOT getting into. Have your computer with you and take him to the site of the USCIS so he can learn what all is involved. In other words, help him understand and feel he is a part of something and not only a signature in a piece of paper. Share your journey with him, in other words.

Good luck!

good.gifgood.gifgood.gifgood.gif

Not the C-section talk. That is expensive. Just be honest with Grand Pa. HONESTY IS THE BEST POLICY.

The baby would be covered by the mother not. One C section can wipe out lots of savings

REALESTATE BROKER & MORTGAGE LOAN ORIGINATOR

STATE OF CALIFORNIA

12fa14f592.png

Filed: Timeline

I agree with what you have said. I don't think he is mentally prepared to deal with immigration if he can't be 100% open and honest.

Regan,

I've been following your posts, such as when you refused to read any information provided by USCIS, complained that people on here were being mean when they suggested you read the guides, and asked if one of us would put all of our life savings at risk by sponsoring you, someone we don't know, so you could continue to study. Now you are essentially asking for advice on how to mislead your grandfather into signing something.

When I was your age, I was a totally immature wreck who spent my time sitting around drinking and goofing off, so I'm not one to judge. That being said, you're a married man and you are going to be a father in two months. My honest-to-god advice to you is to man up and approach these problems like a mature adult. Mature adults don't run around trying to downplay what their grandfather is getting into, nor do they say "the entire future of my family is on the line, but screw it, I don't want to have to sit around reading this #######!" Mature adults take charge of the situation and do whatever they have to do to make sure their family has it as good as it can get.

I don't know what the solution to all of your problems it, and I wish you the best in resolving them, but it seems to me that you need to adopt a new attitude.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

The baby would be a USC so it would be eligible for benefits, although not a great way to start a new life and marriage. Gramps needs to read the contract (never sign anything without reading it) and understand that if she receives any means tested benefits they could come after you first and him if they can't get the money from you. The contract remains in effect until she has 40 quarters of qualifying work, becomes a citizen, dies, or loses her green card so it could potentially be for life. Even if things do not work out and you divorce it does not negate the contract.

The baby being a USC will help but if she came here prior to the delivery and had the baby with medicaid insurance (federal means tested benefits) your grandfather might wind up owing the gov't a lot of money. It might help if you worked out that issue first, maybe being certain the baby will be born over there to avoid those very large expenses. Then you would need to assure him that no more babies would be arriving at his expense until you had a job with insurance covering your wife with maternity expenses.

Maybe if he was able to meet your wife and get to know her first it would help. Get your wife on skype with him and make sure she turns on the charm! Good luck!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline

A lot of people here are raising good points. You aren't considering the expenses associated with taking care of a) yourself b) your wife c) your baby. That's what you should be most concerned about at this point.

I'd make a plan to show your Grandfather how you plan to support yourself, wife, and baby once they get here. I wouldn't sign up to support 3 people unless they had a plan.

This is by far the best advice in this thread. If you want to make a persuasive case, show your grandfather that you've already calculated out an approximate amount of money you, your wife, and your child will spend every month, and then show how you plan on making enough money to support those costs. That is the real way to make it "sound good."

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Regan,

I've been following your posts, such as when you refused to read any information provided by USCIS, complained that people on here were being mean when they suggested you read the guides, and asked if one of us would put all of our life savings at risk by sponsoring you, someone we don't know, so you could continue to study. Now you are essentially asking for advice on how to mislead your grandfather into signing something.

When I was your age, I was a totally immature wreck who spent my time sitting around drinking and goofing off, so I'm not one to judge. That being said, you're a married man and you are going to be a father in two months. My honest-to-god advice to you is to man up and approach these problems like a mature adult. Mature adults don't run around trying to downplay what their grandfather is getting into, nor do they say "the entire future of my family is on the line, but screw it, I don't want to have to sit around reading this #######!" Mature adults take charge of the situation and do whatever they have to do to make sure their family has it as good as it can get.

I don't know what the solution to all of your problems it, and I wish you the best in resolving them, but it seems to me that you need to adopt a new attitude.

My first post was similar to this but probably deemed harsh so it was removed. This post is deemed fit it seems and I agree with what is said. Its just a lttle easier to swallow for the kid I guess. And for the female mod with the baby.

I doubt this young man will become mature this quickly but there is always hope. And as the mod said we have to hope G Pa is " bright" enough to get the picture.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.