DaveE

Legal handgun owner saves the day once again

93 posts in this topic

Thats where I have problem who promote gun in bad sense.

It is the parents responsility to keep the weapon safe and as child grows up properly educate them on do's and dont's.

So for the supporters of take away guns, than there are 100 different item in the house that can kill ppl are you going to take away all them?

There are simple household items like knife or other sharp objects. There are numerous child death by drowning in swiming pool, would these anti gun supporter support taking away or restricting ppl from building pool in their house?

I am sure there are more death in car accidents each year compared to death by gun but you never hear ppl and groups promoting car bans.

I wasn't promoting anything. Nor was I trying to take guns away from anyone.

Please read what I'm saying instead of assuming what you think I'm saying.

I never once mentioned banning guns, but that's what you keep talking to me about.

Again. Read before replying.

Thanks.

I 100% support laws like California's that require locks when a child is in the household. Throw the book at anyone who improperly store their firearms.

Or raise your children not to be full out tards. I can't think of too many kids that I grew up with that didn't have a hunting and/or target rifle or two under their beds or in their closets.

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Or raise your children not to be full out tards. I can't think of too many kids that I grew up with that didn't have a hunting and/or target rifle or two under their beds or in their closets.

And I can't think of any that did. Your point?

You're honestly saying that locking up guns in a safe way in a house that has children isn't a good idea?

Edited by Evylin

And I can't think of any that did. Your point?

You're honestly saying that locking up guns in a safe way in a house that has children isn't a good idea?

Were you raised with guns in the house? My brothers and I were broke into hunting at age 4 starting with quail. Just about every kid I grew up with was in pretty much the same boat. You started out on birds and by the 1st or 2nd grade you were getting blooded with your first Black Tail.

It's called being taught about guns and having some common sense. That's were beating your kids comes in. If we screwed up we got beat and it had an affect as in don't screw up or else.

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Were you raised with guns in the house? My brothers and I were broke into hunting at age 4 starting with quail. Just about every kid I grew up with was in pretty much the same boat. You started out on birds and by the 1st or 2nd grade you were getting blooded with your first Black Tail.

It's called being taught about guns and having some common sense. That's were beating your kids comes in. If we screwed up we got beat and it had an affect as in don't screw up or else.

Nope. I wasn't raised with guns.

I wasn't raised with children who got beaten, either.

So what do I know.

Filed: Other Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

Were any of your friends not raised around guns?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

it's a wonder i made it to voting age - i grew up in a house with about 100 guns - none of them locked up.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Nope. I wasn't raised with guns.

I wasn't raised with children who got beaten, either.

So what do I know.

See that's the difference. I don't know of any kids that blew their buddies away while we were growing up even though our rifles were kept under our beds. It was nothing to grab our shotguns after school and blast ducks in the pasture when it flooded. It's all about being taught right and using common sense.

sigbet.jpg

I 100% support laws like California's that require locks when a child is in the household. Throw the book at anyone who improperly store their firearms.

The only issue with the locks it that it is unconstitutional. Heller VS DC specifically says that triggers locks etc may not be mandated, (in the home).

Under any of the standards of scrutiny the Court has applied to enumerated constitutional rights, this prohibition--in the place where the importance of the lawful defense of self, family, and property is most acute--would fail constitutional muster. Similarly, the requirement that any lawful firearm in the home be disassembled or bound by a trigger lock makes it impossible for citizens to use arms for the core lawful purpose of self-defense and is hence unconstitutional.

As I understand it, all handguns in California must be purchased and transported with a trigger lock. Once in the home they cannot mandate it.

Were any of your friends not raised around guns?

Not that I can think off of the top of my head. It was pretty much the same for all of us. You had a p/t job after school to pay for shells and then you had chores after that. I grew up in a farming/logging town (Enumclaw, WA).

70roll.jpg

Edited by Bad_Daddy

sigbet.jpg

Filed: Other Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

The only issue with the locks it that it is unconstitutional. Heller VS DC specifically says that triggers locks etc may not be mandated, (in the home).

Under any of the standards of scrutiny the Court has applied to enumerated constitutional rights, this prohibition--in the place where the importance of the lawful defense of self, family, and property is most acute--would fail constitutional muster. Similarly, the requirement that any lawful firearm in the home be disassembled or bound by a trigger lock makes it impossible for citizens to use arms for the core lawful purpose of self-defense and is hence unconstitutional.

As I understand it, all handguns in California must be purchased and transported with a trigger lock. Once in the home they cannot mandate it.

You are right that they can't mandate it, but they can legally charge a person with a felony if someone under 18 misuses it within the home or public and it was not locked.

I am so old, I don't think firearm locks had been invented yet. My dad gave me my first shotgun at age 7, and I still have it. It stayed in my bedroom closet unlocked until I went off to the military.

I am so old, I don't think firearm locks had been invented yet. My dad gave me my first shotgun at age 7, and I still have it. It stayed in my bedroom closet unlocked until I went off to the military.

And you didn't use your shotgun to blow any of your school chums or parents away or to knock off a convenience store while you were growing up? How's that possible? :blink:

Edited by Bad_Daddy

sigbet.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Most Gun manufacturer now days provide either the trigger lock or slide lock, when buying a brand new gun.

I am not sure of the California law but keeping the gun locked in the house does not make any sense to me, if someone breaks into the house they are not going to wait for the owner to get the keys and unlock the weapon.

Under stress most ppl gonna fumble for the keys and what not.

But there are some things that can be done which are common sense if you have kids around in the house.

1. The magazine can be kept separately from the gun.

2. There is no round in the chamber.

Takes fraction of second to pop in magazine and chamber the round

There are some parents who do not take care of simple things like this...... I am sure you have seen news where 1st or 2nd grader shows up in the class with drugs for their show and tell.

Which clearly shows how some parents completely neglect the kids and their action around kids.

Evilyn – you posted ppl with legal firearms snap and kill family and friend. Post #6 , Post #9 from those post I assumed you were against the gun ownership.

My bad if I assumed wrong.

Baseball bat was also used in the crime or can be used to kill someone, should we ban those too?

How about knife... there are hundreds of ppl stabbed even in country where guns are strict or banned, should knife be banned too?

No calls for banning knives, baseball bats or guns have been made, except in your head. This OP is just another hero with a gun, guns are awsome thread. Reality be damned.

B and J K-1 story

• April 2004 met online
  • July 16, 2006 Met in person on her birthday in United Arab Emirates
  • August 4, 2006 sent certified mail I-129F packet Neb SC
  • August 9, 2006 NOA1
  • August 21, 2006 received NOA1 in mail
  • October 4, 5, 7, 13 & 17 2006 Touches! 50 day address change... Yes Judith is beautiful, quit staring at her passport photo and approve us!!! Shaming works! LOL
  • October 13, 2006 NOA2! November 2, 2006 NOA2? Huh? NVC already processed and sent us on to Abu Dhabi Consulate!
  • February 12, 2007 Abu Dhabi Interview SUCCESS!!! February 14 Visa in hand!
  • March 6, 2007 she is here!
  • MARCH 14, 2007 WE ARE MARRIED!!!
  • May 5, 2007 Sent AOS/EAD packet
  • May 11, 2007 NOA1 AOS/EAD
  • June 7, 2007 Biometrics appointment
  • June 8, 2007 first post biometrics touch, June 11, next touch...
  • August 1, 2007 AOS Interview! APPROVED!! EAD APPROVED TOO...
  • August 6, 2007 EAD card and Welcome Letter received!
  • August 13, 2007 GREEN CARD received!!! 375 days since mailing the I-129F!

Remove Conditions:

• May 1, 2009 first day to file
  • May 9, 2009 mailed I-751 to USCIS CS