Legal handgun owner saves the day once again

93 posts in this topic

Video in link below

internet-shooting.jpg

internet-shooting-2.jpg

internet-shooting-3.jpg

internet-shooting-4.jpg

internet-shooting-5.jpg

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/surveillance-vid-shows-71-year-old-concealed-carry-holder-opening-fire-on-would-be-robbers/

SURVEILLANCE VID SHOWS 71-YEAR-OLD CONCEALED CARRY HOLDER OPENING FIRE ON WOULD-BE ROBBERS

Posted on July 17, 2012 at 8:59am by Jonathon M. Seidl

Samuel Williams could soon become a poster child for concealed carry. Or rather a poster senior citizen.

Williams is being hailed as a hero this week after he sprung into action on Friday to thwart an armed robbery at an internet cafe. Williams was present when two masked thugs walked into the Palms Internet Cafe in Marion County, Florida. One of the men was brandishing a gun while the other had a bat. They started ordering patrons around and one smashes a computer screen. That’s when Williams took action.

Ocala.com explains what happened:

Williams was seated toward the back of the cafe dressed in a white shirt, shorts and baseball cap.

One of the masked men, identified as Duwayne Henderson, 19, comes in pointing a handgun at customers. The second man, Davis Dawkins, 19, is seen swinging a bat at something off screen, which was later identified as a $1,200 computer screen.

As Henderson turns his back, Williams pulls out a .380-caliber semi-automatic handgun, stands from his chair, takes two steps, nearly drops to one knee, and fires two shots at Henderson, who bolts for the front door.

Williams takes several more steps toward the door and continues firing as Henderson and Dawkins fall over one another trying to exit the building. The two eventually run off screen.

Surveillance video captured it all:

Both of the crooks suffered non-life threatening gunshot wounds and were later captured. And according to police, Williams — a licensed concealed carry gun owner — won’t face any repercussions.

“Based on what I have seen and what I know at this time, I don’t anticipate filing any charges,” Bill Gladson of the State Attorney’s Office, told Ocala.com.

But he’s not the only one talking. Some of the customers are. And they’re grateful for what Williams did.

“I think he is wonderful. If he wouldn’t have been there, there could have been some innocent people shot,” said Mary Beach.

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

If only all legal gun owners were sane, good citizens. Unfortunately, that's not the case.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

71 years old and he hit them both. Apprehended seeking medical attention.

Grandpa got a gun

He was so calm and shot them both - what a guy!

Sent I-129 Application to VSC 2/1/12
NOA1 2/8/12
RFE 8/2/12
RFE reply 8/3/12
NOA2 8/16/12
NVC received 8/27/12
NVC left 8/29/12
Manila Embassy received 9/5/12
Visa appointment & approval 9/7/12
Arrived in US 10/5/2012
Married 11/24/2012
AOS application sent 12/19/12

AOS approved 8/24/13

If only all legal gun owners were sane, good citizens. Unfortunately, that's not the case.

If only Chicago didn't have 40+ gun shot victims just last week alone from illegal gun owners.

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

If only Chicago didn't have 40+ gun shot victims just last week alone from illegal gun owners.

Does your comment invalidate mine? No. Guns, illegal or legal, are used for wrong far more than they're used for right.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Sent I-129 Application to VSC 2/1/12
NOA1 2/8/12
RFE 8/2/12
RFE reply 8/3/12
NOA2 8/16/12
NVC received 8/27/12
NVC left 8/29/12
Manila Embassy received 9/5/12
Visa appointment & approval 9/7/12
Arrived in US 10/5/2012
Married 11/24/2012
AOS application sent 12/19/12

AOS approved 8/24/13

http://homicides.redeyechicago.com/

Chicago reaches 250 homicides for 2012

By Tracy Swartz posted June 27, 2012 at 12:00 a.m.

Chicago this week reached 250 homicides for 2012—the worst start to a year in nine years, a RedEye analysis of preliminary police data found.

The city has not reached the 250-homicide mark for the first half of the year since 2003, which saw 286 homicides for the first half of the year and 601 homicides for the entire year, according to a 2009 Chicago Police Department report.

Homicides this year are up 36 percent compared to the same period last year, as of Wednesday afternoon, according to RedEye data.

Citywide, gunshot homicides were recorded in the last week in Burnside, Englewood, Humboldt Park, Riverdale and Woodlawn, RedEye data shows.

Meanwhile, a 75-year-old man was found stabbed to death Tuesday in the 9000 block of South East End Avenue in Calumet Heights, police said.

Forty homicides have been recorded so far this month. Forty-four homicides were logged in June 2011, RedEye determined.

Victims

June 26 – Donald Ellens, a 75 year old black male, caused by a stabbing in Calumet Heights.

> Read more about this homicide.

June 24 – Althea McGee, a 62 year old black female, caused by a gunshot in Burnside.

June 24 – Anthony Jones, a 22 year old black male, caused by a gunshot in Riverdale.

June 24 – Hansen Jackson, a 29 year old black male, caused by a gunshot in Humboldt Park.

June 24 – Tyquan Tyler, a 13 year old black male, caused by a gunshot in Woodlawn.

June 22 – Antonio Davis, a 14 year old black male, caused by a gunshot in Englewood.

Edited by Bad_Daddy

sigbet.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Isle of Man
Timeline

For every one of these heroic stories there are a million more robberies, thefts, and murders involving guns.

There was an article posted where a couple registered on VJ was tragically murdered by their own 17 year old son. It's pretty easy when you are mentally unstable. You just pull the trigger.

I don't live in la la land so I don't really have a stance one way or another on guns. They are a reality and here to stay.

But if the only way the 17 year old could have taken out his parents was by taking out a butcher knife and stabbing them repeatedly, or tying them up and lighting them on fire, or smashing their skulls in with a baseball bat, I highly doubt the murder would have taken place.

India, gun buyback and steamroll.

qVVjt.jpg?3qVHRo.jpg?1

For every one of these heroic stories there are a million more robberies, thefts, and murders involving guns.

Exactly my point.