DaveE

Legal handgun owner saves the day once again

93 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline

Yeah and actually I think in Rome a thumbs down didn't mean the same thing it does today .

Indeed, the thumbs down did NOT mean they didn't approve of your sparring outfit. :no:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

knives, blades, crossbow, sabre, pistol, automatic rifle.

my order of preference, from 'easy' to 'hard', left to right.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Guns, illegal or legal, are used for wrong far more than they're used for right.

According to independent research, Guns are used for right more than they are used for wrong.

It is estimated that guns are used to defend and protect 2.5 Million times a year, compared to the 18000+ deaths by guns. Also the argument that the increased availability of guns leads to an increase in violent crimes does not hold water as there is a record amount of registered firearms in the US, but the violent crime statistics are dropping for the 5th straight year.

Edited by Dave-n-Oksana

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

According to independent research, Guns are used for right more than they are used for wrong.

It is estimated that guns are used to defend and protect 2.5 Million times a year, compared to the 18000+ deaths by guns. Also the argument that the increased availability of guns leads to an increase in violent crimes does not hold water as there is a record amount of registered firearms in the US, but the violent crime statistics are dropping for the 5th straight year.

The death by guns is somewhere in 12,000 - 600 would be a big number in such kinda stats.

The death by guns is somewhere in 12,000 - 600 would be a big number in such kinda stats.

Gun related deaths a year is not as low as 12,000.

Gun related deaths a year is not as low as 12,000.

There is a difference between gun related deaths and death from guns used in violent crimes. Gun related deaths included everything from accidental shooting , through suicides, and violent crimes. After revisiting the data, Harsh is correct that the actual murders by hand gun is in the 12 to 13000 range.

There is a difference between gun related deaths and death from guns used in violent crimes. Gun related deaths included everything from accidental shooting , through suicides, and violent crimes. After revisiting the data, Harsh is correct that the actual murders by hand gun is in the 12 to 13000 range.

I wasn't specifically talking about violent crimes, either. Yes, that's a big part of it but these accidental shootings are a problem as well. Legal guns getting into the hands of those it shouldn't, guns means for home defense ending up being found by a child, etc. Happens far too often.

When you say 'death by guns' that covers a pretty broad spectrum.

Edited by Evylin

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I wasn't specifically talking about violent crimes, either. Yes, that's a big part of it but these accidental shootings are a problem as well. Legal guns getting into the hands of those it shouldn't, guns means for home defense ending up being found by a child, etc. Happens far too often.

When you say 'death by guns' that covers a pretty broad spectrum.

Thats where I have problem who promote gun in bad sense.

It is the parents responsility to keep the weapon safe and as child grows up properly educate them on do's and dont's.

So for the supporters of take away guns, than there are 100 different item in the house that can kill ppl are you going to take away all them?

There are simple household items like knife or other sharp objects. There are numerous child death by drowning in swiming pool, would these anti gun supporter support taking away or restricting ppl from building pool in their house?

I am sure there are more death in car accidents each year compared to death by gun but you never hear ppl and groups promoting car bans.

Filed: Other Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

Thats where I have problem who promote gun in bad sense.

It is the parents responsility to keep the weapon safe and as child grows up properly educate them on do's and dont's.

So for the supporters of take away guns, than there are 100 different item in the house that can kill ppl are you going to take away all them?

There are simple household items like knife or other sharp objects. There are numerous child death by drowning in swiming pool, would these anti gun supporter support taking away or restricting ppl from building pool in their house?

I am sure there are more death in car accidents each year compared to death by gun but you never hear ppl and groups promoting car bans.

I 100% support laws like California's that require locks when a child is in the household. Throw the book at anyone who improperly store their firearms.