fredtuttle

Visa Denied!!!!!!!!

33 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

Well they denied the Visa at the interview!!!! Reason: not enough documention proving we met before Aprii!!! We actually met in the summer of 2005 and provided 5 notarized affadvits stating so, plus phone bills, pictures from my recent trip to her country, diamond ring reciept etc etc etc. I can't believe this. My fiance saw me through a life threatening ilness at the begining of the year and a 5 month recovery and they question the validity of our relationship! I am beside myself.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
Well they denied the Visa at the interview!!!! Reason: not enough documention proving we met before Aprii!!! We actually met in the summer of 2005 and provided 5 notarized affadvits stating so, plus phone bills, pictures from my recent trip to her country, diamond ring reciept etc etc etc. I can't believe this. My fiance saw me through a life threatening ilness at the begining of the year and a 5 month recovery and they question the validity of our relationship! I am beside myself.

Did they tell you what to do next? I am very sorry to hear this. But, I am sure there is something that you can do.....

1Corinthians 13:13 But now faith, hope, and love remain--these three. The greatest of these is love.

3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawm.gif & 3dflagsdotcom_mexic_2fawm.gif

08/08/2006- Mailed I 129-F packet to TSC

08/10/2006- Packet Signed for by TSC employee

08/18/2006- NOA 1 date

08/22/2006- Touched.....:)

10/25/2006- Touched.......BIG SMILE :)

10/26/2006- TOUCHED AGAIN..........HUGE SMILE!

10/27/2006- NOA 2 approval email received!

10/31/2006- NOA 2 received in mail.........Can't stop smiling!!

11/16/2006- NVC receives my petition and assigns us a case number CDJ----------!!!! WOOHOO

11/20/2006- Mailed to Juarez!! Yippee!

11/30/2006- Juarez received my petition......Email confirms I should receive my packet within 2 weeks!! :)

12/15/2006- Received Packet!!!!! Booking travel arrangements!!!!

12/26/2006- Medical Exam

12/27/2006- Interview, 601 waiver needed

01/10/2007- Filed 601 Waiver

01/17/2007- DHS Receipt of Waiver

08/26/2007- Approved

09/04/2007- Received Approval Notice

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Oh . . .outright denial or request for further evidence to prove the relationship? What did they advise you to do next? Do you have an attorney?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

What paperwork did you get? You can have a temporary denial and needing AR/AP too.

221g is a temporary denial.

221 g can also say it is being sent back to the service center to be reviewed again. They can ask for more ongoing evidence of your relationship.

212 is an outright denial.

Mary

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

Timeline

Did they tell you what to do next? I am very sorry to hear this. But, I am sure there is something that you can do.....

Yeah, get some non-existent pictures prior to April. The thing is even if we where togeher since April, which is not the case, that in itself constitutes 7 months! I was just in her country for 2 weeks!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

What did they tell you can you go back with more evidence of knowing and being with each other before April? Do you have or can you acquire more evidence; credit card statements, airline tickets, passport stamps, money exchange, hotel invoices, receipts, etc.

If you met in the summer of 2005 you should have some evidences; airline tickets, passport stamps, hotel receipts, telephone call log, credit card statements, etc.

They are not worried about current status according to you so concentrate on evidence prior to April 2006.

Good luck

Peter Miami

Johanna & Peter

Colombia / U.S.A.

I-129F / K-1 Fiancee Visa

08-20-02 - Met Johanna in Armenia, Colombia

10-05-05 - K-1 Sent to TSC

10-14-05 - Received NOA1 by E-Mail (Day 9)

12-22-05 - Reveived NOA2 By E-Mail & Mail (Day 78)

03-03-06 - Interview Date! (Day 149) Approved

03-10-06 - Johanna Arrived

05-27-06 - Married

I-485 / AOS (Did not applied for EAD or AP)

06-05-06 - Sent I-485 application to Chicago via USPS (Day 1)

06-06-06 - AOS Package Delivered at 12:29PM

06-12-06 - Received NOA1 by Mail

06-14-06 - Check Cashed

06-22-06 - Received Appointment Notice for Biometrics

06-26-06 - "Request for Additional Evidence" Online, waiting for letter

06-29-06 - Biometrics Done!

06-30-06 - Received RFE Letter by mail. (Missing Birth Certificate)

07-10-06 - Sent RFE by Express Mail USPS

07-11-06 - RFE Delivered @ 10:54AM Sign by D. Atwell

08-28-06 - AOS Transferred to CSC E-mail & USCIS Website (Day 85)

08-30-06 - Touched #1

08-31-06 - Touched #2

08-31-06 - E-Mail from CRIS & USCIS-CSSO - CSC received AOS Application

09-01-06 - Touched #3

09-01-06 - NOA by Mail Regarding Transfer to CSC

09-05-06 - Touched #4

09-07-06 - Touched #5

09-13-06 - Touched #6

09-15-06 - AOS Approved by Online Status & E-mail

09-21-06 - Received GC and Welcome Letter (Day 109)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

oh dear, I am really sorry to hear this. I hope you can find the measures to get it resolved ASAP.

Stay strong hang in there and fight like hel1 for your Visa (F)

12/03/2005: Married

10/13/2006: Interview Approved

10/26/2006: POE: EWR (ARRIVED) [/size]

182 days from filing to Visa in Hand!!![/color]

AOS/EAD

01/22/2007: Sent to The Lockbox.....let the games begin.....again

02/02/2007: NOA1's for both....the waiting game officially begins

02/15/2007: Biometrics appt.

04/11/2007: EAD APPROVED!! YI-HAW

04/21/2007: Received SSN#

05/23/2007: AOS Interview -------> APPROOOOOOVED!!!!!!

05/29/2007: Received Welcome letter

06/04/2007: Green Card in Hand!!!

122 Days from filing AOS to Green Card in Hand!!!

REMOVING CONDITIONS

05/21/2009: Filed to Remove Conditions

6/18/2009: Biometrics Done

09/14/2009: Approved!!!

Citizenship

2/15/2011: Filed N-400

3/28/2011: Biometrics <-- Done

5/09/2011: Naturalization Interview <--- APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5/09/2011: Swearing in Ceremony (We're Done)

MY HUSBAND IS NOW A US CITIZEN

Proudmomwife.gifI_love_my_baby_boy.gif

3051_1113026182751_1139795553_30500807_687968_s.jpgZackie.jpgthumb_3051_1113025702739_1139795553_30500806_7039703_s.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
What did they tell you can you go back with more evidence of knowing and being with each other before April? Do you have or can you acquire more evidence; credit card statements, airline tickets, passport stamps, money exchange, hotel invoices, receipts, etc.

If you met in the summer of 2005 you should have some evidences; airline tickets, passport stamps, hotel receipts, telephone call log, credit card statements, etc.

They are not worried about current status according to you so concentrate on evidence prior to April 2006.

Good luck

Peter Miami

If they met in the summer of 2005 what is the significance of April 2006. It looks like the petition was file in August 2006. I am confused....

YMMV

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Before anyone here can effectively help you, you are going to need to provide us with some information. Did you get the 212 or the 221g?

If you got the 221g, what box is checked, and what are their notes underneath the checked box?

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Timeline
Before anyone here can effectively help you, you are going to need to provide us with some information. Did you get the 212 or the 221g?

If you got the 221g, what box is checked, and what are their notes underneath the checked box?

Optional Form 191 (4-91)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Optional Form 191 (4-91)

I can find no reference to this form under USCIS or DOS

YMMV

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

If you think that it was not fair and you realy gave to the embassy all what it was requested, contact your USA Senator (by phone) and complain with him/her, they can contact the USA embassy and ask for an explanation. It realy works.

Good luck!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Fred I have a question for you? Have you been residing in Romania for a long period of time? Since you said your fiance had nursed you back to health. If so the only forms I am finding on the USCIS website deals with Unrelenquished Domiclie? Here is the link http://www.uscis.gov/graphics/formsfee/forms/files/i-191.pdf. This may not be helpful. But good luck.

Mary

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

Timeline

Optional Form 191 (4-91)

I can find no reference to this form under USCIS or DOS

The form is "pursuant to section 221". The reason - "not enough documentaion prior to April 2006" which makes no sense - there is nothing magical about April. I am amazed at the power some people wield. My very expensive lawyer has sent an appeal.

Fred I have a question for you? Have you been residing in Romania for a long period of time? Since you said your fiance had nursed you back to health. If so the only forms I am finding on the USCIS website deals with Unrelenquished Domiclie? Here is the link http://www.uscis.gov/graphics/formsfee/forms/files/i-191.pdf. This may not be helpful. But good luck.

Mary

No - just got back from a two week visit. She was here (legally) for a year and a half, up until mid-June

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.