giving_up

husband tells lies about me to his family

66 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hello all, I don't know why I don't see 2 posts of mine on here where I explained my situation with my husband but anyways, here it goes. We met online and got married 5 yrs ago; we had the plan of having a baby and that I would stay home till s/he went to pre-k and then we'd have another one. Our daughter started pre-k last year and unfortunately we haven't been able to have a second baby. Throughout these 5 yrs my husband has been emotionally abusive of me and one time things got physical. Anyway, this year things appeared to be a bit better and just two weeks ago we were trying for the 2nd baby and decided to see a fertility doctor. Two days after we talked about that he got mad during a conversation about finances and yelled at me telling me why I don't say I'd get a part time. I was shocked since we had never talked about that but instead every time we talked about our plans it was about a 2nd baby.

He didn't talk to me for two days and then he called me from work to tell me his older sister would stop by the following day because he had something to "clarify". I told him that if it had to do with me he should speak to me but anyways, the next day she showed up and he started the conversation by saying that he had realized that I don't want to work! my jaw dropped! we had never talked about this issue and he kept going on and on telling lies about me and he made things look like I've been too comfortable at home and I just don't want to work! I started defending myself since I'm fed up with his abuse and he kept talking loud at me in front of her and one time he even got up and stood in front of me yelling pointing his finger at me! i couldn't believe the sister wouldn't say anything but instead she seemed to be questioning me about the working thing. He told her that i was mad because he talked about this and that if she hadn't been there I would have been worse! I couldn't believe it. I made clear to him why I was mad and I told him that I had no problem working and she said "yes, but I don't like the way you're saying it" man! I felt like just leaving! I was so mad I told him he's bipolar and then later on the sister brought up this topic saying that maybe i know something that he doesn't know and stuff like that and she made him even angrier!

Things kept going on and on like this for 3.5 hrs and we stopped because he had to work, I only stood there in the sofa trying to make sense of everything he had said about me to her. I feel like I will never be able to fit in because he's the one who lies about me in the first place! he always puts his family first and never pays attention to my needs and feelings. I now know I will look for a job and I know it will help me with my self-esteem but i feel like I'm stuck in my life because we haven't been talking for 1 week and he's acting like he's the hurt one and me, I'm just ANGRY!

I've thought about leaving him because I know these episodes will always happen and I cannot jeopardize my mental health and my daughter's. Every day she tells me that he doesn't love me and she even said that he doesn't love me because he thinks I'm bad. This broke my heart. I have no job for now, have no money and I don't have a place to go. He doesn't want counseling but I will start seeing one this week. Sorry for venting like this, I feel so alone, I have no idea what i'm gonna do...

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Well, this is how I read it. It is normal to have Maritol problems and stress. We attack the ones we love.

Your husband, is dealing with finaces and even worse a 'fidelity' issue and you are'nt helping. I imagine you have begun to like to argue just like him. Where does that go. ? Nowhere! Thats why your writing this. If you need to seek Independant help from an Outside (of family) Counsular then do so. I don't think the Issue is a job. I think you maynot be showing the Support (Emotionally) as a wife. Thats what I think he is looking for. You mentioned his argument was your love for the Sofa. (Thus, sit on your Butt all day). I'm not saying thats true.

Try and make-up and that will take your strength. He is on the defensive as you are. You need to bow down a bit and try and show effort. Whether looking for a job or just be a better Wife and waiting for his arrival to argue is a endless battle.

It's up to you.

TIM/MAV K1-JOURNEY
3/27/2007....We first met on myspace
1/30/10 ......My Honey proposed
8/15/10 ......He visit Philippines(2wks) & met my family
12/17/10 ....USCIS received the Filed I-129F for K1-visa
12/21/10 ....Received hard copy,NOA1
5/25/11.......Received RFE
6/09/11.......NOA2 approved
12/07/11.....Visa fee paid at BPI

6/11/13.......2nd visa fee payment
7/10-11/13.. Medical Exam completed@St.Lukes Clinic
1/15-16/14.. 2nd Medical exam updated
1/21/14...... k1 interview-Visa Approved
8/29/14...... Submitted AOS application
10/03/14.....Biometrics
01/07/15.....Received my EAD card

01/31/15..... I got my SSN from the mail

04/20/15......AOS Interview - Approved :star:

4/24/15 .......Got the Driving Permit Card

4/30/15 .......Green Card Received :) (Exp.4/20/17)

http://youtu.be/BVf45EcdFwQ

Get a job! It will surely boost your self-esteem. Don't just give up your marriage. When my hubby is in temper, I don't try to reason with him, I give him space, I would pray and keep myself busy reading, cleaning or take a walk then when hubby is in loving mood I would embrace him and start talking about what he just did, that I was upset but I understand. Try to put yourself in his shoes is a good tactic, so you would understand what and how it is from his perspective. Financial stress could put so much strain in marriage, maybe he is worried about your future, he is the man and must be a good provider of his family which is the best way of showing love- giving security. Apologize that you haven't been a help financially and tell him about your plans of stepping up by looking a job, involve him in the job hunting process so he knows you are serious about it. Marriage is not easy but it is the only possible lifetime career that a person could possibly have no matter how low our economy tank down. In my observation battered women are those that verbally fights back to non-stop. Open communication is good but refrain from talking if one is not thinking straight and is emotional. In marriage I learned "easy to forgive easy to forget" really works.

Yes, be a better Wife or file for divorce.

It's clear that your Husband can use the financial help and he doesn't want another kid until that happens.

Being a better wife doesn't mean to be subservient or take abuse of any kind, but it does mean to step up to the partnership plate.

Perhaps this was in the two other posts that the server ate but this post comes across as very self centered. Nothing wrong with that per see as long as you recognize it.

Please don't have any more kids until both of you figure out what you want in life.

Good luck.

It's clear that your Husband can use the financial help and he doesn't want another kid until that happens.

Then he should not have told her that was what he wanted. And they should not have started trying to make it happen.

Hello all, I don't know why I don't see 2 posts of mine on here where I explained my situation with my husband but anyways, here it goes.

If you are talking about these threads you can find them in an advanced search:

http://www.visajourn...ost__p__1104627

http://www.visajourn...ost__p__3821547

http://www.visajourn...ost__p__5082540

Edited by Krikit
iagree.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
If you are talking about these threads you can find them in an advanced search
Oh, yeah... remember them now, sigh man.

Bluntly put: This dysfunctional nonmarriage should have ended long ago and perhaps never should have been entered into. The wife certainly isn't appreciating much in it, and the husband (if asked) might admit to the same. OP, you can either keep griping about things for several more years, or you can take steps NOW to give yourself some relief.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

This is a disgusting response. The woman explains that she's emotionally abused, and once physically. He brings over family members to bully her. He sets out a plan for her (raise the child, then have a 2nd baby) and when she attempts to follow that plan, he acts as if it never was the plan in the first place.

And your response is to tell her to be a better wife. Unbelievable.

:thumbs:

Can't wait to spend the rest of my life with you..

K1 Visa Process

10/10/2011 - I-129F Sent

10/25/2011 - NOA1

04/18/2012 - NOA2 :)

05/16/2012 - Medical Done

05/30/2012 - Interview - Visa Approved!

06/09/2012 - Visa on Hand

06/28/2012 - POE (D.C)

AOS Process

08/17/2012 - I-485 and I-765 Sent

08/23/2012 - NOA1 (I485 and I-765)

08/24/2012 - Cash Checked

09/10/2012 - Biometrics Done

10/22/2012 - EAD Approved

10/29/2012 - EAD Card Received

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

From here, all we can do is tell her to fix her situation whether or not it involves being a better wife. Her husband isnt getting our advice. The sister being there might just have been like a 'mediator'. It didnt soung like things were getting out of hand. Just sounded like the sister was only listening and watching the interaction and asking a few questions herself. She had already stated she will start counseling. This is some initiative.

Maybe the lies he tells his family are really how he perceives things? Idk. But Both need to put effort forward. Finances happen to be quoted as the biggest cause for divorce and communication is the second biggest. Whatever type of person he is, if he needs space to calm down give it to him first but both of you need to communicate. When planning for the second child it is still your responsibility to ask him if things are still as planned before. I will falter you for that. And if finances are an issue, you will have to do something to help out like get a job and not only to keep yourself occupied. Its a joint effort to make things work. You were ok with the plan to have two children at some point. If that is what you still want with him then you may need to help out financially. If you can confront him about these lies without things turning into a fight, do it.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Basing on your recent posts that I've just read.. it must have been really hard for you to be living in this relationship for 5 years. I just salute you for being strong, even though your emotionally weak already. As i've read from your previous post, your age gap from your husband is 15-16yrs?.. Just feel bad that there's a lot for you to enjoy still. I just feel bad for you and your daughter.. You don't deserve to be treated like this. Hope that you can make up your mind by this time with whatever is the BEST thing for you to do.

Can't wait to spend the rest of my life with you..

K1 Visa Process

10/10/2011 - I-129F Sent

10/25/2011 - NOA1

04/18/2012 - NOA2 :)

05/16/2012 - Medical Done

05/30/2012 - Interview - Visa Approved!

06/09/2012 - Visa on Hand

06/28/2012 - POE (D.C)

AOS Process

08/17/2012 - I-485 and I-765 Sent

08/23/2012 - NOA1 (I485 and I-765)

08/24/2012 - Cash Checked

09/10/2012 - Biometrics Done

10/22/2012 - EAD Approved

10/29/2012 - EAD Card Received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.