97 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
I fit both descriptions at one time. I was one of those young guys at one time, then I got smart and stopped putting women on a pedestal, stopped treating first dates to $40-50 dinners, stopped buying flowers and stopped buying those $12.00 cocktails. They wanted to be equal, so treatment somewhere between 'nice guy' and 'bad boy' seemed to work best. So coffee at Starbucks for a first date and if there was to be dinner in the future, I made it clear -- we go 50/50 or we don't go. Fortunately, it only took one divorce and to lose my shirt one time -- I checked out of the local scene.
Zing, man...

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

I do not know if this is the correct place for this but.....I met my Fiance through her sister. Long story short my fiancee has 2 sisters here in US both came on K1 niether stayd married to pettioner. Oldest waited 5 years other waited 2 years. I am worried I have been hustled.......I have not filed AJOS yet and wonder what I need to do to report this. My fiance also has 2 K2 age 8 and 6 that are here and since she arrived the 8 yearold refuses to leave the aunts house and they are already plan on enrolling her in school else where nd her living without us. My fiance has only been here 30 days and I. Have not married her as I am growing supicous of her familys intent. The oldest pettioned the mother who is here hooked up the other sister with a co worker fr a K1 and now me.........what can I do of the k2 that they are letting live else where and also my fiance as I suspect fraud?

I wouldn't just turn your back and walk away. I would literally run away from this chick and her family. Send her and the kids packing back home. Because it definetely sounds like she is in it for the visa. What really got me was her kids. If she is the nanay, and you will be the tatay of these kids. Then they need to live in the same house and get to know you, and you them. That is the truth end of story. Do NOT marry her just put all 3 of them on a one way trip back the Philippines. Yes, it is harsh but you know what, you got hustled.

I am no judgmental just saying the fact. Like saying Manila is smuggy dirty, has the worst traffic in the world, hub of snatchers hurts but that's true. We were given brain to qualify, reason according to how much fact we have and how re-occurent the scenario is and hopefully come up with good decisions which I hope OP would blissfully come up with.

I am not judging you at all. I find it perfectly truthful. Alot of pinays go for a old white Kano because he has money and can help provide for her and her family. Me and my fiance really hate seeing it to be honest. If I had a peso for everytime I heard someone say to my Mahal how lucky she is because I am "Young and Guapo", I am 28 mind you. I would be the richest man in the Philippines right now.

It's just sad because there are ALOT of smart and beautiful women in the Philippines, and that they have to settle for Old Men. Because most (not all) of the local men could care less about having a family. But only want to smoke, drink, and gamble, and also have sex. Then as soon as the girl gets pregnant they are long gone.

Last example: I was in the Davao airport waiting on a delayed flight to Manila. When sitting across from me was a Old White guy and a pretty young pinay. I saw the Eagle, Globe, and Anchor tattooed on his arm. So being a former Marine myself struck up a conversation with him. Turns out he was in the Marines during the VIETNAM WAR, and that the pretty young pinay was his "WIFE". I was so taken back and shocked I got up and walked away.

Now we're talking the same page. Holy cow! your wife looks waaay young than 30ish! You lucky beast! :bonk: , you owe me a buck for mentioning dried fish! I soooooo miss it! :(

So do I actually! I just couldn't live on them. My wife's filipina friends thinks she is lucky because I cook up the best dried fish in town. I don't allow it to be cooked inside though, is has to be outside on the grill. We bought a special pan that works great on the grill for frying up bulad. Danggit is my favorite, but lately we've found a source of dried squid that has been really really good. I cooked up a huge plater full of danggit and dried squid last weekend for a party we went to, which was gone in no time. I was getting requests a week before the party asking if I'd bring some :lol: I'm not sure if they think it tastes better because a Kano cooked it, or if I really have some special knack for making it.

My wife would love that you said she looked under 30. She's been getting a bit worried about her age with 40 getting closer :lol:

K1 from the Philippines
Arrival : 2011-09-08
Married : 2011-10-15
AOS
Date Card Received : 2012-07-13
EAD
Date Card Received : 2012-02-04

Sent ROC : 4-1-2014
Noa1 : 4-2-2014
Bio Complete : 4-18-2014
Approved : 6-24-2014

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

Since we are all dancing and teetering on the edge of banishment by the mods, do you mind going further and defining what you consider as the "typical fil/west" relationship?

About the only thing I've seen that is typical, is short relationships before petitioning. I'd guess the majority don't even know each other a year before petitioning. Knowing each other over two years before petitioning is probably single digits percentage wise. By the time you get to how long I knew my wife before we petitioned for her to come here, I would venture to guess its less than one percent. Larger age gaps are common, but I wouldn't call it typical, there are too many that don't fit that mold. BTW These are just my impressions, I have no factual numbers to back it up.

K1 from the Philippines
AOS
EAD

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

I am not judging you at all. I find it perfectly truthful. Alot of pinays go for a old white Kano because he has money and can help provide for her and her family. Me and my fiance really hate seeing it to be honest. If I had a peso for everytime I heard someone say to my Mahal how lucky she is because I am "Young and Guapo", I am 28 mind you. I would be the richest man in the Philippines right now.

It's just sad because there are ALOT of smart and beautiful women in the Philippines, and that they have to settle for Old Men. Because most (not all) of the local men could care less about having a family. But only want to smoke, drink, and gamble, and also have sex. Then as soon as the girl gets pregnant they are long gone.

Last example: I was in the Davao airport waiting on a delayed flight to Manila. When sitting across from me was a Old White guy and a pretty young pinay. I saw the Eagle, Globe, and Anchor tattooed on his arm. So being a former Marine myself struck up a conversation with him. Turns out he was in the Marines during the VIETNAM WAR, and that the pretty young pinay was his "WIFE". I was so taken back and shocked I got up and walked away.

There are smart and good Pinoys there too unfortunately/fortunately they also qualify Pinay women according to education, their type of beauty and social status. There are plenty of norms that contributes to the complexity of the cases..but no matter how bad the situation bottom line is people should decide and act as to what ever is good, beautiful, pleasing, acceptable and true.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Romania
Timeline

Turns out he was in the Marines during the VIETNAM WAR, and that the pretty young pinay was his "WIFE". I was so taken back and shocked I got up and walked away.

Omg, poor woman. I really feel bad for women who are born so poor they really don't have many options in life.

Same goes for Nigerian/mena guys and much older American women.

Edited by Peter_Pan

USCIS [*] 22 Nov. 2011 - I-129 package sent; [*] 25 Nov. 2011 - Package delivered; [*] 25 Nov. 2011 - NOA1/petition received and routed to the California Service Center; [*] 30 Nov. 2011 - Touched/confirmation though text message and email; [*] 03 Dec. 2011 - Hard copy received; [*]24 April 2012 - NOA2 (no RFEs)/text message/email/USCIS account updated; [*] 27 April 2012 - NOA2 hard copy received.

NVC [*] 14 May 2012 - Petition received by NVC ; [*] 16 May 2012 - Petition left NVC.

EMBASSY [*] 18 May 2012 - Petition arrived at the US Embassy in Bucharest; [*] 22 May 2012 - Package 3 received; [*] 24 May 2012 - Package sent to the consulate, interview date set; [*] 14 June 2012 - Interview date, approved.

POE [*] 04 July 2012 - Minneapolis/St.Paul. [*] 16 September 2012 - Wedding Day!

AOS/EAD/AP [*] 04 February 2013 - AOS/EAD/AP package sent; [*] 07 February 2013 - AOS/EAD/AP package delivered; [*] 12 February 2013 - NOA1 text messages/emails; [*] 16 February 2013 - NOA1 received in the regular mail; [*] 28 February 2013 - Biometrics letter received (appointment date, March 8th); [*] 04 March 2013 - Biometrics walk-in completed (9 out of 10 fingerprints taken, pinky would not give in); [*] 04 April 2013 - EAD/AP card approved; [*] 11 April 2013 - Combo card sent/tracking number obtained; [*] 15 April 2013 - Card delivered.

[*] 15 May 2013 - Moved from MN to LA; [*] 17 May 2013 - Applied for a new SS card/filed an AR-11 online (unsuccessfully), therefore called and spoke to a Tier 2 and changed the address; [*] 22 May 2013 - Address updated on My Case Status (finally can see the case numbers online); [*] 28 May 2013 - Letter received in the mail confirming the change of address; [*] 31 July 2013 - Went to Romania; [*] 12 September 2013 - returned to the US using the AP, POE Houston, everything went smoothly; [*] 20 September 2013 - Spoke to a Tier2 and put in a service request; [*] 23 September 2013 - Got "Possible Interview Waiver" letter (originally sent on August, 29th to my old address, returned and re-routed to my current address); [*] 1 October 2013 - Started a new job.

event.png

Trying to get the word out about our struggles:

http://voices.yahoo.com/almost-legal-citizen-but-not-quite-12155565.html?cat=9

Marriage is a serious thing and u have to be certain. Entering it with uncertainty is always a bad sign. We cannot tell u what to do but you should think long and hard and if u are still thinking when her visa expires so be it. Just saying.

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Provided the man was/is happy, the wife was/is happy and the relationship is based on love and not an immigration benefit, why be "taken back and shocked?" Why not just allow such couples to have and enjoy their slice of happiness?

Should men his age be limited to women his age? Who better to determine the appropriate age gap regarding love, sex, romance, dating and marriage, other than the two consenting adults involved?

You do realize there are folks that still exist here in the USA that will be "taken back and shocked" due to your marriage to an Asian woman?

Edited by Leatherneck

"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!" - Eleanor Roosevelt, First Lady of the United States, 1945.

"Retreat hell! We just got here!"

CAPT. LLOYD WILLIAMS, USMC

You do realize there are folks that still exist here in the USA that will be "taken back and shocked" due to your marriage to an Asian woman?

Wasn't really all that long ago it was illegal.

K1 from the Philippines
AOS
EAD

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Seem like I hit you so bad. There's thousand of things running in my mind while reading your posts but really I think I don't wanna offend you more you are wounded enough.

Perect, thanks! When the target indicates how much fun he is having with the manipulator's hypocrisy - the manipulator says the person laughing at them is "wounded" or "angry". :D

I'm pretty thrilled about marrying a young hottie and have no shame whatever in it. What would be shameful is marrying an old hag because you told me to! hahahaha! Talk about stupid! Same thing goes for my wife. The very last person on earth she should take advice from would be you.

The most likely person to have married for a green card is the one who objects too much and showers themselves with denial that they could ever do such a thing. The lady doth protest too much. You are the one person here demanding everyone else justify their relationships to her highness, while her highness has not justified her relationship to them. Something is being overcompensated for here, and although I don't know what it is, the person confident in themselves does not make it their business to strike out at others. I would be interested to know what it is that you feel so much insecurity about that is being overcompensated for.

Timeline

Wasn't really all that long ago it was illegal.

True. Live and let live, seems like a simple concept -- but so many are not happy seeing others happy.

Edited by Leatherneck

"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!" - Eleanor Roosevelt, First Lady of the United States, 1945.

Timeline

Zing, man...

That is stark reality, si man!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.