97 posts in this topic

I see this posted so often and I have to wonder where people get this idea. A K1 is not a "go to the US and see if you really like this person" visa. It's a visa for people who are 100% certain already and need a few months to settle down and make some plans.

You nailed it right. I mean dude are you serious! 90 days isn't enough to know the persons real intent some waits 3 years then file for divorce.

Filed: Timeline

I WILL TRY MY HARDEST NOT TO OFFEND NOT TO BE BOOTED OUT.

Indeed a family planning!!

Seriously OP, I have posted few times here about this issue. As much as I don't want to be judgmental, only very few among filipinas

has good intention in marrying an american. It is such a shame for me to talk about this because I am from the same country., I attended CFO and met the girls there and be honest with you,I felt low to see myself mingling with them. Even the CFO trainer discussed what to do in case the beneficiary wants to run away from the petitioner, I felt sick in my stomach, reality bites! the desires to just get here in the US. I asked one of them if she love her fiance and she said " Just my stepping stone", another one said, file a divorce and hopefully he has money and I will have some. These girls are usually from the province, impoverished and mostly they would ask you to support their families sending them money through western union. I got some friends and relatives way back home and when they start asking to find them a match..I have to just joke around but really my concern is growing inside me. Coming from a 3rd world country, how sickening it is to see young girls holding hands with old whities..like I wanna ask daddy you gonna die tomorrow! yet they proclaim love for each other..I mean who are you fooling! Often this is a subject of jokes of my upper middle class work colleagues and friends. But my american husband is right. Both committed crime. The woman wants to get the green card and the dirty old american who just want to take advantage of her youth and helplessness. God gave us all the ability to discern USE IT! My verdict: She is not for real, it is very obvious like I know our neighbors way back there who do the same.

I agree with you.

It's hard to be non judgemental and I find myself not responding to some posts even though I have an opinion.

Sometimes I see some profiles and I ask myself "What can possibly be the common ground in these relationship"? but to each his/her own.

On another forum that I haunt, a USC sent Western Union to some young Lady in Lagos that he met on the web. The money was for the Girl to come visit him in the US (I told him that getting visa out of Nigeria is like milking a Tigress and not something you do casually). So then the Girl suddenly emailed that she was in a hospital in Lagos and needed more money to pay for her medical fees. He asked us if this was a scam???????

I ask folks to do what I call a LAT - Los Angeles Test. Basically, the USC needs to ask himself/herself if he/she can get the same level of age/beauty that he/she's getting from overseas here in Los Angeles?

I agree with you.

It's hard to be non judgemental and I find myself not responding to some posts even though I have an opinion.

Sometimes I see some profiles and I ask myself "What can possibly be the common ground in these relationship"? but to each his/her own.

On another forum that I haunt, a USC sent Western Union to some young Lady in Lagos that he met on the web. The money was for the Girl to come visit him in the US (I told him that getting visa out of Nigeria is like milking a Tigress and not something you do casually). So then the Girl suddenly emailed that she was in a hospital in Lagos and needed more money to pay for her medical fees. He asked us if this was a scam???????

I ask folks to do what I call a LAT - Los Angeles Test. Basically, the USC needs to ask himself/herself if he/she can get the same level of age/beauty that he/she's getting from overseas here in Los Angeles?

Right! Common ground like education, religion, interests to name the few but sometimes I would wonder are these american that gullible not to know??? c'mon!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

some possible paths:

Do Nothing

1. Do Not Get Married

2. Her I-94 will expire then

3. yer off the hook

Marry Her

1. Marry her then

2. File the Adjustment of Status Casefile then

3. IF and only IF your fraud suspicions prove to be true then

4. withdraw the I-864, affadavit of support prior to green card issuance and then

5. divorce

There is another path, but I not suggest it unless you are certain she's not defrauding you, and that's to marry, file, stay married, and have a happy life together.

The thing about #5 (Divorce) is that she will hit you for spousal and child support. Can you imagine that? Someone defrauded you, and YOU have to PAY every month to be reminded? Yikes!

I WILL TRY MY HARDEST NOT TO OFFEND NOT TO BE BOOTED OUT.

old whities..

dirty old american

If you want to not offend, you might want to avoid racial slurs and generalities such as these.

I get your point of extreme age gaps and people being gullible, but I've seen the same thing happen with small age gaps to. I've also seen rather large age gaps that do have wonderful relationships. Its pretty hard to generalize that anything is really going to work. The common ground points you made in a later post are right to the point and very valid. If you don't have common ground, you're fooling yourself. I've seen a lot of Filipinas jumping into relationships thinking coming to America is the lords answer to them for a perfect easy life. They ignore they're involved with a controlling abusive person, even when the evidence is all over the place.

K1 from the Philippines
Arrival : 2011-09-08
Married : 2011-10-15
AOS
Date Card Received : 2012-07-13
EAD
Date Card Received : 2012-02-04

Sent ROC : 4-1-2014
Noa1 : 4-2-2014
Bio Complete : 4-18-2014
Approved : 6-24-2014

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

Timeline

Interesting perspectives, America's divorce rate is the highest in the world, what makes these 2 sisters different? While fruad does exist, why did the sisters get divorced? Did the American husband not realize what he was getting into in regards to the Filipino family? Did they want kids, and the husband back out. Where did they meet ? Was there a major age gap?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I do not know if this is the correct place for this but.....I met my Fiance through her sister. Long story short my fiancee has 2 sisters here in US both came on K1 niether stayd married to pettioner. Oldest waited 5 years other waited 2 years. I am worried I have been hustled.......I have not filed AJOS yet and wonder what I need to do to report this. My fiance also has 2 K2 age 8 and 6 that are here and since she arrived the 8 yearold refuses to leave the aunts house and they are already plan on enrolling her in school else where nd her living without us. My fiance has only been here 30 days and I. Have not married her as I am growing supicous of her familys intent. The oldest pettioned the mother who is here hooked up the other sister with a co worker fr a K1 and now me.........what can I do of the k2 that they are letting live else where and also my fiance as I suspect fraud?

Send a certified letter to USCIS with as much supporting evidence as you can. Formally withdraw support in that letter. Do not waiver. If you make this decision stick with it. You might want to read my thread as it is similar.

Sincerely,

VerySadGuy

30 year healthcare professional

Victim of heinous immigration romance scam

Father of a lovely little girl

And champion for those wronged by fraud.

If you want to not offend, you might want to avoid racial slurs and generalities such as these.

I get your point of extreme age gaps and people being gullible, but I've seen the same thing happen with small age gaps to. I've also seen rather large age gaps that do have wonderful relationships. Its pretty hard to generalize that anything is really going to work. The common ground points you made in a later post are right to the point and very valid. If you don't have common ground, you're fooling yourself. I've seen a lot of Filipinas jumping into relationships thinking coming to America is the lords answer to them for a perfect easy life. They ignore they're involved with a controlling abusive person, even when the evidence is all over the place.

I admit bad apples are everywhere same as saying not all filipinas are gold diggers. I am a filipina and I can shout to the world I am good. But old man gets a really young woman ..hmmmmmmm it really smells dead rat. Given the number of statistics in the Philippines of women who would do this I strongly stick to what I have already said. As I said I don't wanna be judgmental but....a point is raised here can you get the same age of woman here in US? why get in the Philippines? Oh I have an answer, because they will settle for an old american just to get to US. Sorry but for me OPEN REBUKE IS BETTER THAN SECRET LOVE. If you are one of 'em I hope your's would be a success story.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

I guess this is a horrible situation to be in, and I'm sorry you're going through that.

I just wander though...The 8 year-old kid 'refusing' to leave the aunt's house bothers me. I don't know exactly why, but it does.

Hope everything works out for you, whichever path you choose to go.

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Naturalization approved: 04-02-2013

Oath ceremony: 04-24-2013

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I admit bad apples are everywhere same as saying not all filipinas are gold diggers. I am a filipina and I can shout to the world I am good. But old man gets a really young woman ..hmmmmmmm it really smells dead rat. Given the number of statistics in the Philippines of women who would do this I strongly stick to what I have already said. As I said I don't wanna be judgmental but....a point is raised here can you get the same age of woman here in US? why get in the Philippines? Oh I have an answer, because they will settle for an old american just to get to US. Sorry but for me OPEN REBUKE IS BETTER THAN SECRET LOVE. If you are one of 'em I hope your's would be a success story.

Seriously, do we even know if there was a large age gap here? Or, are we jumping to conclusions? I know many couples that are 25-30 years apart and do just fine.

Sincerely,

VerySadGuy

30 year healthcare professional

Victim of heinous immigration romance scam

Father of a lovely little girl

And champion for those wronged by fraud.

Timeline

I WILL TRY MY HARDEST NOT TO OFFEND

This is a special form of denial that manipulative people learn to practice: Deny vehemently the very thing you are about to do. So immediatly after insisting you are trying hard not to offend, do that very thing:

only very few among filipinas has good intention in marrying an american

Since there are millions of them here who have done just that, this has to be a record for offending.

It is such a shame for me to talk about this because I am from the same country., I attended CFO and met the girls there and be honest with you,I felt low to see myself mingling with them.

Translation: is my halo shining bright enough for everyone to see?

Coming from a 3rd world country, how sickening it is to see young girls holding hands with old whities..like I wanna ask daddy you gonna die tomorrow! yet they proclaim love for each other..I mean who are you fooling!

Hilarious! It's that much more enjoyable for a dirty old man like me to see this kind of righteous indignation. This is one of the signs of narcissism: thinking you have the power to invalidate other people's feelings. Her highness says it isn't love, and since her word is law - so be it.

The woman wants to get the green card and the dirty old american who just want to take advantage of her youth and helplessness.

Funny how after she got the green card she still wants so much nooky.

The one thing people need to observe correctly about this kind of comment is who has no respect for my wife: this poster. When people call someone else "helpless" that is a demonstration they have zero respect for them, looking down upon them as an inferior human. The other bizarre schtick about these kinds of comments is reversing the power of youth and beauty. Youth and beauty adorn advertisements everywhere you look. It is on the cover of magazines, TV, books, art, music - and that power means money too.

For this kind of spite to operate you need to pretend that youth and beauty are a liability instead of an asset. Oh dear, that poor stunningly beautiful young lady, suffering so much abuse by lifting herself out of poverty, poorer diet and health care through deploying the power of that youth and beauty.

And think too about her children. Those poor children now instead of having no house, no health care, wondering where their next handful of rice is coming from: now they have to suffer through medical and dental insurance, a kitchen with two months of food stocked in it, college educations in the best schools in the world - it's not just horrible to contemplate, but what mother could be so stupid as to put her children in that situation instead of staying in poverty where their futures are so bright? The smart woman marries a Filipino her own age that drinks, smokes, gambles, and has a sixth grade education from one of the worst schools on the planet. That would prove her love is real instead of the kind of phony love you see from women who had a man change their entire life for the better. She should hate such a man, and long for the moment she can stab him a hundred times with a rusty knife.

:)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I do not know if this is the correct place for this but.....I met my Fiance through her sister. Long story short my fiancee has 2 sisters here in US both came on K1 niether stayd married to pettioner. Oldest waited 5 years other waited 2 years. I am worried I have been hustled.......I have not filed AJOS yet and wonder what I need to do to report this. My fiance also has 2 K2 age 8 and 6 that are here and since she arrived the 8 yearold refuses to leave the aunts house and they are already plan on enrolling her in school else where nd her living without us. My fiance has only been here 30 days and I. Have not married her as I am growing supicous of her familys intent. The oldest pettioned the mother who is here hooked up the other sister with a co worker fr a K1 and now me.........what can I do of the k2 that they are letting live else where and also my fiance as I suspect fraud?

If you are accusing her of fraud because of her sisters' actions, that is not fair at all but if you are extremely sure that she is using you, then don't marry her.

You do sound judgmental >.>

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.