97 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Leatherneck, I still have my scalp in perfect shape not a bit peel yet haha. Truth hurts. Another thing I would want to point out in this board. Some members here says marrying an old american man is part of Philippine culture. IT IS NOT! Duhhhhhhh!

Yes, you're doing a good job of keeping your scalp intact. I agree, it is not part of Philippine culture, it's merely accepted. It's a perfect storm of variables coming together, older American men have what some young Pinays are looking for and young Pinays have what some older American men are looking for. However, I have no issues with May/December relationships when they are legitimate.

Many younger American men could do well finding a quality mate in the Philippines, however, those guys have not been beat up enough relationship wise and are too busy getting their teeth kicked in financial and emotionally by American women to look beyond America. Most younger guys find the gems available in the Philippines by accident, a recommendation, thru work, travel, etc. The older guys found the Philippines late -- after a divorce or two, a couple of lost homes, being a weekend father and after a rebuilt financial life.

"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!" - Eleanor Roosevelt, First Lady of the United States, 1945.

"Retreat hell! We just got here!"

CAPT. LLOYD WILLIAMS, USMC

If you are accusing her of fraud because of her sisters' actions, that is not fair at all but if you are extremely sure that she is using you, then don't marry her.

You do sound judgmental >.>

I am no judgmental just saying the fact. Like saying Manila is smuggy dirty, has the worst traffic in the world, hub of snatchers hurts but that's true. We were given brain to qualify, reason according to how much fact we have and how re-occurent the scenario is and hopefully come up with good decisions which I hope OP would blissfully come up with.

RIGHT ON! :thumbs: I've wanted to say the same thing for quite some time, but was afraid of being ostracized or even banned. I'm sure I'll hear a few choice words, but I certainly don't want the latter because there are so many helpful people with good information here. That being said...

There are so many beautiful Pinays already here in the U.S., that going abroad is really unnecessary unless your sole reason for doing so is to "level-up" (to coin a popular Filipino term) one's attractiveness by leveraging the K-1 Visa. Women know what's going on and will happily help you do just that. By doing the "LAT" and being honest with themselves, guys could avoid having their ego stroked to the point where they end up like the OP. Unsuspecting men should also be advised that a younger woman's supposed preference for "average" looks and "older" men because "they know how to nurture relationships better" is code for "I want a man with less options". That doesn't mean you have to be young and good-looking to marry. It just means that each one of us has to find his own "match". Or be that string around her finger. We have all have a choice...

I like your thinking. You got my vote :thumbs:

You're a college student. Therefore, you should be able to understand the complexity of humans, especially from the Philippines. I think, your library has no enough books to read, so gossiping is another way to kill a time.

WHo told you I am a college student?? I have a news for you! You are the bad gossiper! I'm trying not to be nasty. Oh boy :rofl:

I admit bad apples are everywhere same as saying not all filipinas are gold diggers. I am a filipina and I can shout to the world I am good. But old man gets a really young woman ..hmmmmmmm it really smells dead rat. Given the number of statistics in the Philippines of women who would do this I strongly stick to what I have already said. As I said I don't wanna be judgmental but....a point is raised here can you get the same age of woman here in US? why get in the Philippines? Oh I have an answer, because they will settle for an old american just to get to US. Sorry but for me OPEN REBUKE IS BETTER THAN SECRET LOVE. If you are one of 'em I hope your's would be a success story.

My wife is actually older than women I have dated in my own country although we do have an age gap. Guess I pass the LA test, although I've only visited LA a few times. She also didn't want to leave the Philippines and would return in a heart beat if not for our marriage. She only came here because us being apart was getting too hard on both of us. She many times offered to have me move there and she would support me over the years we've known each other. If I could live on dried fish and rice, I might have accepted such an offer, but I admit to being a spoiled American. She is not one of the innocent young Filipinas, but a mature woman past 30. I won't tell how far past she probably wouldn't like that. We also knew each other for eight years before she came here. So we're not the typical Fil/West relationship. Maybe I should also mention our age gap is no larger than between her father and mother, or her brother and his wife, which are all Filipinos.

I'm not sure I would characterize most Filipinas as scamming the Americans, coming only for a green card. But the percentage is not so small either. Nor is their a shortage of Filipina marrying very old Americans in order to take care of them for a few years then take the payoff. Seems to be a fair enough number of American women that will do the same if the money appears enough. My sister in law works for a business owned by a Canadian who lives in the Philippines. He makes a habit of marrying 18 and 19 year old virgins then getting bored with them within a year. Then its off for an annulment and regular payments to the former wives. This guy is in his 70's, so apparently if the kwarta is present, the green card option doesn't have to be there as he appears to have plenty of takers.

K1 from the Philippines
Arrival : 2011-09-08
Married : 2011-10-15
AOS
Date Card Received : 2012-07-13
EAD
Date Card Received : 2012-02-04

Sent ROC : 4-1-2014
Noa1 : 4-2-2014
Bio Complete : 4-18-2014
Approved : 6-24-2014

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

Yes, you're doing a good job of keeping your scalp intact. I agree, it is not part of Philippine culture, it's merely accepted. It's a perfect storm of variables coming together, older American men have what some young Pinays are looking for and young Pinays have what some older American men are looking for. However, I have no issues with May/December relationships when they are legitimate.

Many younger American men could do well finding a quality mate in the Philippines, however, those guys have not been beat up enough relationship wise and are too busy getting their teeth kicked in financial and emotionally by American women to look beyond America. Most younger guys find the gems available in the Philippines by accident, a recommendation, thru work, travel, etc. The older guys found the Philippines late -- after a divorce or two, a couple of lost homes, being a weekend father and after a rebuilt financial life.

^ So true, I'm sure most of us VJer's have been married more than once. I almost fit you description.

The Buddha said "The more loving the more suffering"

By birth is not one an outcast,

By birth is not one a noble,but

By action is one an outcast,

By action is one a noble.

Buddha.

My wife is actually older than women I have dated in my own country although we do have an age gap. Guess I pass the LA test, although I've only visited LA a few times. She also didn't want to leave the Philippines and would return in a heart beat if not for our marriage. She only came here because us being apart was getting too hard on both of us. She many times offered to have me move there and she would support me over the years we've known each other. If I could live on dried fish and rice, I might have accepted such an offer, but I admit to being a spoiled American. She is not one of the innocent young Filipinas, but a mature woman past 30. I won't tell how far past she probably wouldn't like that. We also knew each other for eight years before she came here. So we're not the typical Fil/West relationship. Maybe I should also mention our age gap is no larger than between her father and mother, or her brother and his wife, which are all Filipinos.

I'm not sure I would characterize most Filipinas as scamming the Americans, coming only for a green card. But the percentage is not so small either. Nor is their a shortage of Filipina marrying very old Americans in order to take care of them for a few years then take the payoff. Seems to be a fair enough number of American women that will do the same if the money appears enough. My sister in law works for a business owned by a Canadian who lives in the Philippines. He makes a habit of marrying 18 and 19 year old virgins then getting bored with them within a year. Then its off for an annulment and regular payments to the former wives. This guy is in his 70's, so apparently if the kwarta is present, the green card option doesn't have to be there as he appears to have plenty of takers.

Now we're talking the same page. Holy cow! your wife looks waaay young than 30ish! You lucky beast! :bonk: , you owe me a buck for mentioning dried fish! I soooooo miss it! :(

I get it! ok you passed the test ha ha., P. S. I still have to think over that blue highligthed part. :unsure:

Filed: Timeline

The LAT is actually something you answer internally. Nobody else really needs to know :D

Since we are all dancing and teetering on the edge of banishment by the mods, do you mind going further and defining what you consider as the "typical fil/west" relationship?

PS: Failing the LAT isn't necessarily a bad thing on it's own and actually could be a good ego booster BUT most start to whine when the music stops playing that's when it get's ugly. There was a thread recently about someone who brought over a, shall we say private dancer. He got all bent out of shape when she decided that she doesn't really need him anymore. Bummer.

On one of the other forums I haunt (very local to Nigeria), it is a common joking theme on middle aged American Women that come crying because they were ripped off/dumped by their "Young Denzels". The in thing now is to get an African that looks like Obama (must be tall and in shape - umm okay like that type of person would give you the time of day on the Vegas strip - lol). I mean come on!.

Yes OP need not keep us hanging any further.

Edited by Iyawo Ijebu

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

^ So true, I'm sure most of us VJer's have been married more than once. I almost fit you description.

I fit both descriptions at one time. I was one of those young guys at one time, then I got smart and stopped putting women on a pedestal, stopped treating first dates to $40-50 dinners, stopped buying flowers and stopped buying those $12.00 cocktails. They wanted to be equal, so treatment somewhere between 'nice guy' and 'bad boy' seemed to work best. So coffee at Starbucks for a first date and if there was to be dinner in the future, I made it clear -- we go 50/50 or we don't go. Fortunately, it only took one divorce and to lose my shirt one time -- I checked out of the local scene.

"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!" - Eleanor Roosevelt, First Lady of the United States, 1945.

"Retreat hell! We just got here!"

CAPT. LLOYD WILLIAMS, USMC

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

I wrote a very long passage before, but posting it now seems pointless.

To the OP, good luck. I hope you got the assistance and answers you were looking for.

--

I can't read this thread anymore, it has just disintegrated to a level which I do not feel comfortable posting in. I'm off to the "what time is it where you are thread" lol

We became a couple : 2011-05-29
I visited him : 2011-10-28 - 2011-11-17
He visited me (and my crazy family) : 2012-02-05 - 2012-02-17
I-129F Sent : 2012-02-05
I-129F NOA1 : 2012-02-14
I entered on VWP to stay 3 months: 2012-04-11 - 2012-07-03
---
Went to get my medical done for interview in Australia (much cheaper in the US and I was already here):2012-05-20
Medical issue diagnosed
K-1 petition cancellation request sent to CSC : 2012-06-01
Married: 2012-06-21
Filed for AOS : 2012-08-08
NOA1 : 2012-08-10
Biometrics : 2012-09-14
EAD approved : 2012-10-16
Applied for SSN : 2012-11-01
Received SSN : 2012-11-13
Received interview notice :2012-12-27
Interview- APPROVED :2013-01-28
Green card received :2013-02-04
Baby girl born :2013-03-09

Filed for ROC :2014-12-05
NOA :2014-12-11
Biometrics : 2015-01-15

ROC Approval : 2015-05-14

"And there you were to capitalize on their "helpless" existence; just like the pilgrims and colonists before. But of course, not without self benefit. If you just wanted to help, why not donate your time, money and materials? Set up a feeding program; encourage bayanihan tradition; fund a scholarship program for the many, instead of the few you have vested interest in. Instead, you come on here to brag about how your wife supposedly wants "so much nooky". I wonder if it's due to libido or self-preservation? After all, you did say that youth and "beauty" are assets to be leveraged, right? Unwittingly, you've succeeded in making her sound like a pok-pok."

BOOOOOM! How are you taking all these now old man? come back I wanna hear from you more and be entertained with your hardest to justify

your guilt. I am in awe with your reasoning goodness! A classic example of how some mustered twisting a plain simple bad to good.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.