aram22

DO they deport me if my fiance leave me in US?

70 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

Listen, if you can read these posts and respond the way you have, you should be able to read this and get an idea of what you need to do:

http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1guide

This is a step by step guide on what you need to do. IF you are not yet married, your "love" has to file the first paperwork anyway. SO I suggest she start researching with you if you are truly looking for answers.

If you are already married you need to look into a spousal visa.... You can't be asking about green cards and all of that until you first figure out what type of visa you need and fill out your timeline so people can properly help you.

1 Be in each others presence within the last two years and prove it.

2 She needs to make enough to support you at 125% poverty level

3 send in an I-129F and other completed forms with lots of supporting documents, including proving an on going relationship

4 Wait until the petition is granted

5 You get a medical checkup and go to an interview at the embassy. Again many forms and documents proving things

6 You get a visa if approved.

7 You enter the USA

8 You have 90 Days to get married

9 After getting married you must file an AOS to adjust status and get a conditional green card. This can take 4 to 8 months

10 After 2 years you apply to remove conditions on your green card

11 Apply for citizenship. In 3 years if married to an American Citizen, in 5 years as legal resident with green card.

If you do not finish step 9, you must leave, you are not here legally and can be deported.

It is not until step 11 that you can consider yourself safe from being deported. Commit a crime before then and they can take away your green card and deport you.

K1 from the Philippines
Arrival : 2011-09-08
Married : 2011-10-15
AOS
Date Card Received : 2012-07-13
EAD
Date Card Received : 2012-02-04

Sent ROC : 4-1-2014
Noa1 : 4-2-2014
Bio Complete : 4-18-2014
Approved : 6-24-2014

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

HERE HERE! I SECOND THAT BLUEBONNET!! :thumbs:

MY PROPOSAL AT WRESTLEMANIA 28, FL

♥ Love Timeline ♥

11/11/2003 ~ We met online on a wrestling forum & MySpace promoting the same music band

14/07/2005 ~ Lost contact with each other :(

10/05/2010 ~ We got back in contact, re-establishing our friendship

25/06/2010 ~ Confessed our love for one another, officially a couple! ^_^

29/03/2011 ~ Flew to the USA to meet each other for the first time in Atlanta, GA

10/10/2011 ~ Flew to the USA for a surprise visit in her hometown of Chattanooga, TN

14/01/2012 ~ Flew to TN for a medical emergency; she was hospitalised

23/03/2012 ~ Flew to TN to take her for her first holiday to Miami, FL

29/03/2012 ~ Proposed to her in front of her favourite WWE wrestler CM Punk, she said YES!!!

♥ K-1 Timeline ♥

29/05/2012 ~ I-129f Sent

14/06/2012 ~ NOA1 Received (VSC)

??/??/???? ~ NOA2 Received

Filed: Timeline

Thank you for both ,Cuz you are good people and respect me to love this forum.

jaejayC

Caryh

And ignore for others,I'm asking addmine to tell you to respect yourself and if something is not your problem why you say something to hurt me?I really hurt in this forum,I said no one answer me if you not intrested to my questions.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

The OP might benefit from reading this short story.

Aesop The Boy Who Cried Wolf

A shepherd-boy, who watched a flock of sheep near a village, brought out the villagers three or four times by crying out, "Wolf! Wolf!" and when his neighbors came to help him, laughed at them for their pains.

The Wolf, however, did truly come at last. The Shepherd-boy, now really alarmed, shouted in an agony of terror: "Pray, do come and help me; the Wolf is killing the sheep"; but no one paid any heed to his cries, nor rendered any assistance. The Wolf, having no cause of fear, at his leisure lacerated or destroyed the whole flock.

There is no believing a liar, even when he speaks the truth.

Not calling anybody a liar here. It's just a story. Taking care prior to posting can prevent a lot of misunderstanding.

Edited by pushbrk

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Timeline

Hi Kathryn41 I really thankful for you.I hope all American treat me like you treat me.I really want to be close to you and hug you like someone in my family.You really a great person with great feeling.Because you understand of others feeling.I really hope to meet you some day in person and tell you thank you.

Regards.

I'm trying to figure out why the OP states he has an interview at the embassy next week. An interview for WHAT? That's how this whole thing started. He wanted to know what kind of questions he'd face NEXT WEEK.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I think then that since the OP is having a difficult time understanding how immigration works, and that it is his fiance that has made the decision to sponser him over, that maybe it is she who should be posting on the forums or they need to hire a lawyer to process their paperwork. If they are only at the beginning of the process - maybe who knows - and havent filed a thing, and are finding it this difficult to get the information that they require, I dont see it getting better. Im a pretty intelligent person, I understand paperwork and forms, and I got thrown for a loop or two during our process, I found it overwhelming at times, and I think that if this OP continues down the path hes been going the last two days, he will find that his posts arent going to get answered and hes going to end up extremely frustrated. Ive seen his reaction when he doesnt feel respected, I can only imagine it when hes ignored.

I wont post anymore to this person or this thread, but honestly, I feel that I say what alot of others want to, but dont. Im not interested in arguing, but I think if you want help with something, you ask nicely and clearly, and if that isnt possible, then maybe you shouldnt be posting, or you find another avenue to get your questions asked.

~~~ Hes the chance Im taking ~~~

April 2007 - Met online

Oct. 2008 - He came to Canada to meet me

Dec 25 2009 officially engaged

March 2010 - sent off I-129F

March 27 2010 - Vermont receives package :)

April 3 2010 - Informed through mail that cheque is cashed NOA1

May 28 2010 - RFE notification ( yeah Im online checking alot >.< )

June 5 2010 - RFE hardcopy received

June 18 2010 - RFE returned ( had done it June 7 - but USPS returned grrrr )

--- case says we should hear from them in 60 days from June 18 ---

June 23 - Touched

Aug4 - Email notification of NoA2 :)

Aug. 10 - NOA2 Hardcopy received

Sept. 13 - Faxed off Package 3

Sept 14 - Interview notification set for Oct. 5

Oct. 5 2010 Interview Passed

March 17 2011 POE Canadian/US border

April 1 2011 Marriage

Mailed AOS June 1

Chicago Lockbox confirms delivery June 3

Check cashed through bank - notification June 9

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Congratulations, Kathryn! Good to know VJ can still be helpful, even to those with limited ability to express themselves because of language and cultural differences, because of people who think like you do. :thumbs:

One member has been thread-banned and two more inappropriate comments have been removed.

In response to the other comments, we have an individual who is not very fluent in English, knows virtually nothing about the immigration programme and equally little about how internet forums work, especially Visa Journey, and is trying to wade through cultural differences.

His scenario, from what I can see, is he is involved with an American woman. They met recently in person. They had a 'religious' ceremony that was not official, nor was it registered in any way, in some sort of a church (not Muslim) as a means to obtain 'permission' for having a sexual relationship - something that is not part of many cultures until after marriage. This marriage is not a legal marriage, rather one that makes them feel that there is enough legitimacy to their relationship that it can be pursued. The OP himself is confused about what this means - does this make his girlfriend his wife, or his she is fiancee because they plan on having a legal marriage to make them husband and wife?

Yes, the OP would like to come to the US, but he has asked his American partner to move to his country as well, where he is well off and knows where 'what is what'. She doesn't want to, so she is sponsoring him on a fiancee visa. When and where she applied is unclear and we have no timeline.

Perhaps the OP isn't what he claims to be - but we do not have the right to go after another member, especially one who is not conversant in our language, our customs, our culture and our processes - because he is not conversant in our language our customs, our culture and our processes. If you doubt his posts,then don't respond. Do not treat the immigration forums like an Off Topic free for all. This violates both the intention and the spirit of Visa Journey.. If you have to 'give the benefit of the doubt' in order to respond, then do so. It costs you nothing to be helpful to another, and if he turns out to be someone other than what he claims, it has still cost you nothing to respond with respect and courtesy.

Imagine that you are a stranger in a strange land trying to find out information that you believe you need. You may not know what questions to ask, so you ask a lot of different questions. You may make mistakes or have misunderstadings about certain situations, so you seek clarification. You may use the wrong words in this language with which you are not very familiar. Would you appreciate someone responding to your inquiries the way so many of you have just responded here? Would you wanted to be treated this way? You act this like a game because you have your expectations of what a legitimate poster is like and the OP doesn't fit your mold. Because he doesn't match what you believe he should be, you have decided that there is something flawed or false about his situation without trying to make allowances for the language, and culture, and technological differences and limitations.

Yes, it would help to have those fact and details, but you don't. Because you don't, you do not have enough information to negate the very real influences of language, culture and technological sophistication.

So, my warning is repeated. If you cannot respond with courtesy and politeness, answering the questions or asking for clarification without resorting to the pack mentality of 'ganging up' on someone who is different than you, then don't post in his threads.

K1 VISA JOURNEY

07/11/2011 - sent I-129F petition

07/14/2011 - NOA1

07/19/2011 - NOA1 hard copy received

11/16/2011 - NOA2

11/19/2011 - NOA2 hard copy received

11/28/2011 - Rio de Janeiro Embassy case number received from NVC

12/15/2011 - Packet 4 received

01/24/2012 - Interview at Embassy in Rio de Janeiro

01/27/2012 - Passport/Visa received

02/08/2012 - US Entry

02/25/2012 - Marriage

AOS JOURNEY

05/07/2012 - Sent AOS/EAD/AP Package (to PO Box Address through USPS Express Mail)

05/08/2012 - delivery confirmation received

05/09/2012 - AOS/EAD/AP Applications accepted

05/22/2012 - AOS/EAD/AP NOA's date

05/22/2012 - text / notification with case numbers received

05/29/2012 - 3 NOA's hardcopies received at home

06/04/2012 - Biometrics appointment letter received

06/13/2012 - Biometrics appointment

06/13/2012 - RFE

06/16/2012 - RFE hard copy (request for 2011 tax return)

07/19/2012 - RFE response submited

07/24/2012 - RFE review started

08/07/2012 - EAD/AP Approval email and text messages

08/15/2012 - EAD/AP combo Card received through usps priority mail

09/06/2012 - AOS approved

09/10/2012 - Welcome Letter received at homes

09/14/2012 - Green Card received at home yayyyyyy

m7cvL0A.jpgm7cvm5.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Nothing is impossible this will never happen on me ,Just asking,If i come to US.And if my fiance leave me in US before getting married with her and bofore i have permenant resident card,Do they deport me?

Do i have any right to stay there?I should i to stay there ,While my fiance leave me.

If anyone don't know please don't answer.

If you're already anticipating this to happen, don't you think it's best if you give yourself and your fiancee more time to work on your relationship first before your pursue this route?

Edited by Wade<3Emmy

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline

Nothing is impossible this will never happen on me ,Just asking,If i come to US.And if my fiance leave me in US before getting married with her and bofore i have permenant resident card,Do they deport me?

Do i have any right to stay there?I should i to stay there ,While my fiance leave me.

If anyone don't know please don't answer.

Yes, if your fiance/fiancee decides to cancel the wedding after your arrival to the US, you will have to return to your home country. If you do not do so you may become eligible for deportation.

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.